Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Does anyone feel more addicted to e-cig then regular cigarettes?

Default Does anyone feel more addicted to e-cig then regular cigarettes?

I feel like I am vaping more then I ever smoked. I just quit smoking cigs about 2 weeks ago and I'm puffing on my e-cig every minute. I feel more addicted to nicotine then ever. I dont know if its because im craving a cigarette or that I'm that addicted to vaporing?
    How many puffs of an e-cig does it take to = 1 reg cigarette? My e juice is 18mg..
    Also let me know if anyone else feels they crave vaping more then smoking cigarettes?

2. Advertisement

This is normal in the beginning. Even if you were vaping 24mg, you would be getting less nicotine than an analog. Plus there are other things in analogs that make you want to smoke. I would suggest upping the nic to 24mg for a while. This may satisfy you more and maybe vape a little less.
    ridethespiral likes this.

4. Advertisement

i'm been vaping since Nov and i have noticed that my vaping has gone down.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just started vaping but noticed I do vape more frequently. I think this is partially due to being a 24 year outside smoker. Now I can puff inside without the worry of gagging the wife and kids.
    Rock'n the fruit & coffee flavors on my VVTube & Silver bullet. Check out our Utah group: Utah Vapers

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been vaping for 4 1/2 months, and i still vape all day 18 mg. I get plenty of nicotine, but I really love to vape!
    Halo TruePure, GLV2SM. IKV Fusions & I06
    Smoke-free since 1 Sept. 2010
    Choose to be happy!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I chainvaped a LOT when I first got my e-cig and it was because I still kinda wanted an analog, but it will eventually slow down. Once your body is used to the nicotine, you can either stay there and just vape whatever mg of nicotine or step down some mgs.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I also vape more than I smoked, but the reason is that I'm getting less nicotine and other addictive elements vaping than I did smoking. I don't really think that it is a big deal. My breathing has greatly improved over the last 7 months, and I feel a lot healthier. I don't crave vaping, while I did crave my analogs. No one with the proper credentials, as far as I know, has ever done a study comparing the amount of nicotine a particular mg level provides compared to cigarettes, so you really have to rely on what your body is telling you, and adjust your vaping accordingly.
    Last edited by banjo; 01-21-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What's not to love about Tiramisu, Chocolate Au Lait, Passion Fruit, RY4, Red Bull, Mentholyptus, and (thanks to justboringsarah) Dill Pickle.

Makes me wonder what I ever found so compelling about that bitter, dirt taste and burnt stench of analogs.

I vaped 36mg for months and now use 12mg to 24mg with an occasional 36mg which knocks my socks off at 3.7v, 5v, and 6v.

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Vaping and ECF. Enjoy the ride!!!!

"Portraits of yourself are how you are seen by others. Let go of any judgments you may have of how you appear to yourself." http://www.NashvilleImage.com

Senior Member* ECF Veteran

When i started vaping i was doing it in the same habit as i smoked, so i would go outside and so forth and was vaping about the same. Maybe if you stick to your existing smoking habits you'll keep it under better control.

I found now after a few months i don't even reach for the PV first thing in the morning, i've gone 1-2 hours a couple of times which never would happen with cigarettes. They were the very first thing i reached for when i got out of bed.

Full Member ECF Veteran Scotch827's Avatar

I am on day 55 of vaping. I still vape alot. I don't vape over 12mgs and use a lot of 6mg juice. I was a 2 pad and I am trying to reduce my nic addiction. However I do feel much better and plan on reducing my nic completely. I smoked for over 30 years so I am not really worried about the time frame. If it takes a year, no big deal. I do enjoy vaping inside.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast