Any alternatives to PG and VG?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Any alternatives to PG and VG?

Default Any alternatives to PG and VG?

Are these the only liquids which can produce the vapor we need or are there any alternatives?

Do you think one day it will be possible to invent an e-cigarette which uses pure water as the liquid?
    Sellaman likes this.

I used too much water to thin one of my DIY juices and had to toss the whole batch. I kept gagging on the "steam." I would be leery about mold and other nasties as well.

ECF Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(

What's wrong with pg or vg just curious ???? Also thinned once with water didn't think water vapor could be more choking than pg or vg but had same reaction as SlowTalker

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

PEG400 - Polyethylene Glycol? I believe that is an alternative. Nope, pure water wouldn't work...
    The Vaper by Petar K, Orion, NGPs, Piccolo, "Pyrate", GGTS, ProVaris, Precious-L
    Z-atty-G ODY Spheroid DID-mini Lines A-2TM

Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
    What's wrong with pg or vg just curious ????
    E-cigarettes have an history of 3 or 4 years I guess. So I don't think it is wise to claim VG and PG to be totally harmless. No one knows about their long term effects when inhaled. Correct me if I am wrong please.
    Sellaman and glycerol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kyolic View Post
    E-cigarettes have an history of 3 or 4 years I guess. So I don't think it is wise to claim VG and PG to be totally harmless. No one knows about their long term effects when inhaled. Correct me if I am wrong please.
    Actually, people have been inhaling vaporized pg for a very long time, over 100 years, in theatrical fog. Vg, too, has a long history although not as long as pg. Both substances have had a lot of clinical study done with them on the inhalation front. Confidence is quite high that, unless you're allergic or asthmatic, these substances are generally safe to inhale, even in the long term. (Vg can produce a toxic substance if heated beyond a certain temperature, but most attys don't get that hot.)

The only component of juice that hasn't been well studied and established to be reasonably safe is the flavorings.
    Last edited by Zal42; 03-21-2011 at 12:13 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Great reply Zal
    Been analog free since October 1, 2010!
    Current Setup: DZ DNA20S 2400 mAh

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm not sure about VG but PG has a history of about 60-70 years at least. do a search on here or google and you will find quite a bit about PG and inhaling it. remember PG is used in fog machines at discos and therefore needed to be studied as people will inhale it at them.

1 Month Ago When I First Started To Vape .. I Asked the Same Question .. 4 Seconds Later, I Answered It .. Can It Be Worse Than Cigarettes? No Way!

So we can say that PG at least is safe to be inhaled -almost for sure. I wish it was VG which we were talking about. I hate the taste of PG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast