Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: McCormick's Pure food flavorings

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default McCormick's Pure food flavorings

OK, guys, here goes. Can we use McCormick's Pure Food Flavorings found at your local grocery store???
    I hope so, because I just mixed about a 25% Anise extract solution in with a coffee flavored ejuice I bought.
    Please stop me if I'm doing wrong.
    My lungs haven't collapsed, as of yet, my ecig didn't blow up because of the alcohol content and the flavor is delicious.

Thanks,
    Last edited by thegrindre; 04-29-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I wanted to bump this thread, guys. I haven't received any response from anybody.

Thanks,

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I do not know the answer to this...but am interested in hearing the answer. Sounds like a nice way to change the flavor of a juice that needs a little help!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I looked at these flavorings in the grocery store the other day. They have PG, some kind of alcohol and artificial flavorings listed in the ingredients. Except for the one that had "oil" listed which I would stay far away from. I was actually Googling the other day to see if anyone has used McCormick flavorings in the vaping world and had no luck finding anything at all.

Maybe someone will answer that knows as I would like to know too.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by db13berry View Post
    I looked at these flavorings in the grocery store the other day. They have PG, some kind of alcohol and artificial flavorings listed in the ingredients. Except for the one that had "oil" listed which I would stay far away from. I was actually Googling the other day to see if anyone has used McCormick flavorings in the vaping world and had no luck finding anything at all.

Maybe someone will answer that knows as I would like to know too.
    Listen, now, I'm referring to the PURE food flavoring and NOT the imitation stuff, OK?

Thanks,

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Most of what I have read on ECF says to stay away from any of the oils since they might be bad for the lungs. Oil can't/won't be expelled?
    As far as the extracts it sounds like they aren't as strong as the flavorings used by most DIY'ers so would dilute the nic strength of the juice.
    So once again I guess the answer is 'it depends'

I figure that with the small amount of any of it that I would be getting I am willing to try most anything... so will probably try your mix one of these days....

Senior Member ECF Veteran Angler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thegrindre View Post
    Listen, now, I'm referring to the PURE food flavoring and NOT the imitation stuff, OK?

Thanks,
    This thread should be bumped!

I would really like to know the answer to this question too. It would be nice if someone can find some, real, documented info on this mix. I haven't found anything yet.

Super Member Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Yeah, this would be interesting to know. Accessible!

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Maybe send the information to one of the larger juice vendors to do a little research and provide feedback?
    Rock'n the fruit & coffee flavors on my VVTube & Silver bullet. Check out our Utah group: Utah Vapers

Super Member ECF Veteran

Just a note which was inspired by Ardelleg above, these PURE food flavorings contain the natural oil of the plant.
    Do you think that's bad? It's the natural oils and not a petroleum product that the government has approved that is in some of our food products.

I quit vaping it for now, BTW...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast