What's your long lasting Dual Cartomizer you ever had?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What's your long lasting Dual Cartomizer you ever had?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Lightbulb What's your long lasting Dual Cartomizer you ever had?

I'm trying out various dual cartomizers to determine which is the longest lasting so it doesn't pierce my wallet. Bellow, here's what I've tried most successful:

Cloudsofvapor: Dual Coil Cart (Average life -2weeks+ )

Myvaporstore: Dual Coild Cart (Average life 1-2 weeks-) Affordable but you see why.
    Vaping since 2009 & Still breathing healthy ^.^ Favorite vape device: Amodz 30 box mod + Taifun GS. Favorite juice: Pillar, by Whit E. Octopus Vapor. I don't always vape, but when I do, it's because smokers get jealous. -Icey Vape more, smoke less.

ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good thread idea but in classifying the carts by supplier you may run into the issue of changes to the upstream supplier/mfr.

You also need to make sure that you are, roughly, comparing like with like in terms of resistance and liquid capacity.
    DIY juicer@24mg, DCT tank+Resurrector 1.7Ώ cartos, Kanger Pro-II, iClear 30s,Vamo, Itazte VTR

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I see. Good advice, fellow vapor. For resistance, do you mean in terms of air flow resistance?
    Vaping since 2009 & Still breathing healthy ^.^ Favorite vape device: Amodz 30 box mod + Taifun GS. Favorite juice: Pillar, by Whit E. Octopus Vapor. I don't always vape, but when I do, it's because smokers get jealous. -Icey Vape more, smoke less.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Electrical resistance

ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
    Electrical resistance
    Precisely!
    Cartomizers are available in a number of resistances from 1.25 ohms up to 4 or 5 ohms and fractions in between. All will behave differently at the same voltage (obviously) and some will behave differently at different voltages even though the energy consumption (in watts) is the same.
    Jim Bob likes this.
    DIY juicer@24mg, DCT tank+Resurrector 1.7Ώ cartos, Kanger Pro-II, iClear 30s,Vamo, Itazte VTR

Senior Member ECF Veteran

It took me a while when I first started vaping that resistance and air draw/tightness were completely different things . I have found that the ego mega dual coil cartomizer has a slightly tight draw, and it's resistance is 1.5 ohms. They last me about 2 or 3 weeks, and are around 3 dollars, so it's pretty worth it to me.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by djej View Post
    It took me a while when I first started vaping that resistance and air draw/tightness were completely different things . I have found that the ego mega dual coil cartomizer has a slightly tight draw, and it's resistance is 1.5 ohms. They last me about 2 or 3 weeks, and are around 3 dollars, so it's pretty worth it to me.
    I also am hooked on the EMDCC but I only get about four days out of them before they gum up even though I do the paperclip thing. So what's your secret? What kind of juice do you use? I use peppermint and it's not real dark.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The juice you use is the biggest variable in my opinion. I use Smoktech XL dual coil stainless 1.5 ohm cartos and get more than a month of daily use at about 1ml/day with Halo Menthol Ice. With thicker and/or darker juices the same carto gets too tight within a couple days and even with cleaning only lasts a couple weeks. I think with any filler-based carto you've got to stick with thinner juices to get maximum life.
    Vaping since April 3, 2011 8:30am

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It's been my experience that dark liquids dramatically shorten the life of the EMDCC. I'm sticking with light colored liquids. Normally I get seven to ten days from an EMDCC, sometimes two weeks, but with dark liquids, that gets shortened to two to three days.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran aubergine's Avatar

To my mind this question is like asking, "What's the longest lasting pair of underwear you've ever had?".

For God's sake, throw the nasty thing out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast