Best pg/vg ratio?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Killjoy1
  • 1 Post By CountSmackula

Thread: Best pg/vg ratio?

Default Best pg/vg ratio?

So unfortunately, I've stopped vaping. My dekang menthol 24 mg was just way too strong for me, so I've picked the Newports back up (they're actually smoother). I plan to order some juices from KBV soon, but I'm wondering about the PG/VG ratio. I have the option of 70pg/30vg or 40pg/60vg and I'm not too sure which one I should pick... I believe I saw somewhere that too much VG can gunk up your hardware (I have a 510) so is 60% too much? I would go with the 70/30 but I'm just afraid it might still be too strong... What is the best percentage for someone who doesn't want toooooooo much TH?

Oh no! I came to check on you since we ordered our 510's around the same time. I'm sorry you're back on analogs. Once you get the juice issue figured out, I hope you'll be vaping for good. Don't let little problems like this let you go years inbetween vaping like I did. I think it's just takes a little adjustment period to figure out what works for you.

I've not tried VG, so I can't offer any help there, but I'd suggest that in addition to the 24 mg, you might want to order some juice in the low nic category.

Even as a former PAD Camel Wide smoker, I stick to low and medium for most of the day and save the high nic liquid for only a few times a day. I think it's because I'm vaping almost constantly.

HOWEVER, today is my first day without any analogs because I don't have any, so I might be vaping high juice all day, heheh. I had 2 cigs the first day, 3 the next, and 4 yesterday. I'm finding it a little harder to quit this time, but it's not terrible at all.

I'm interested in seeing the comments about the PG/VG ratio. I may order some as well because my throat is bothering me a little too.

GL Peachie! We can do it!

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi, Peachie

Lower nic strength will give you less throat hit, so that may be something to try. A higher VG content can also reduce some of the throat hit. The exact balance of PG and VG you prefer will be a personal thing, so honestly all I can suggest there is maybe try a small bottle of both options to see which you like better

On your 510 are you using the separate attys and carts or one-piece cartomizers? The higher VG can cause wicking issues on some gear, but with the attys and carts or with standard cartos 60% VG should still work fine, it will just take a little bit longer to soak in while filling
    Jekisa likes this.
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Hey Jekisa! I see you got your kit, too! I'm liking everything so far, that juice is just way too strong for me. I'll probably wind up giving it away or something. But I've been checking juice reviews so I can find something that's right for me, and quick. Ugh! Hate that I went back to the analogs, but I just can't take that juice.

And Killjoy, I'm using the separate atty and cartridge. I've heard cartomizers are better, don't know if they'd be better for the VG, but I plan to try them out eventually. <sigh> Right now, I just need to find a good juice.
    Last edited by Peachie28; 02-12-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Ω Destroyer Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Finding your "right" juice can be quite a journey. Just keep on searching and trying samples and eventually you'll find juices that work for you
    Last analog: 2-23-2011

Current Gear: Darwin, SS GGTS #882, Ωpus-D, iHy Illuminati & Pure, Precise ELA, Simplicity 350Ti, Black Copper Stingray #459

Like killjoy1 said, try a 12mg 70VG/30PG mix or possibly 100VG. Alien Visions E-Juice is a good place to start. When you become a little more knowledgeable, you can go DIY and mix your own.

Genisis Junkie Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Try cutting your Dekang with Plain USP VG from the drug store or Wally World. Start with 2/3rds Dekang & 1/3rd plain VG. That should bring you down to ~18mg. If that's still too strong, then go 50/50 & you'll end up at 12mg.
    NoCashflow likes this.
    STILL WAITING ON MY EFFING

Ω - Resistance isn't futile, it's crucial for a good vape.