Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DaveP
  • 1 Post By YKruss
  • 1 Post By LeAnn

Thread: How long does e-juice last?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How long does e-juice last?

Guess I am brain dead today but I can't remember how long a bottle of juice will last I am cleaning out my juice cabinet and have some juice over a year old, so can they still be vaped or do they have to be trashed? I don't care if the nic is gone or not, in fact I have some with way to high nic level for me now and will add VG &Pg if I can still use them....Thanks in advance for the help

PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Two years is the accepted shelf life. Most of us have vape juices that old. If it's clear and looks just like the juice did when it arrived, I wouldn't worry about its vapability. Taste is the test. A dripper atty is good for that. Also, I'd compare the bottles to the ones you get currently. Some juices leach plastic from certain types of bottles. You don't want to vape cinnamon or other strong chemical components of juices that can affect the plastic bottles they are packed in.

If the bottles don't have a mottled or streaky appearance, the juice is probably OK. Taste is the next test.
    I.gonz likes this.

And I only smoked 6 a day for two years before that.

Provari and Sigelei Zmax V3 | CASAA Member

ECF Veteran

Depends how they were stored. Typically PG/VG should be retested after 2 years. Flavors alone have shorter shelf life, but there's nic in the juice. I'd still probably say that juices should be trashed after 2 years, if stored properly. I do believe some chinese manufacturers also go with the "2 years since opening the bottle".

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I just finished my last bottle of Dekang with 06/24/2011 expiration date on it, the last one of 24 bought in 2009.
    The color was light yellow and taste was the same, IMO, as 3 years ago.
    The juice were stored in the box and in the basement.
    I.gonz likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

like i others say , just drip and taste if it feels good then is good , ifs its "funny" get rid of it

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The clear ones seem to last longer to me but most liquid I've bought is dark and the flavor seems to dissipate after 6-8 months. Since we are on the subject where can one get clear liquids, the only clear I've ever gotten was menthol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by yuttynutt View Post
    The clear ones seem to last longer to me but most liquid I've bought is dark and the flavor seems to dissipate after 6-8 months. Since we are on the subject where can one get clear liquids, the only clear I've ever gotten was menthol.
    Most (like over 80%) of my liquids are pretty clear, with some going to transparent orange/yellow. But I DIY my own liquids, so I "know" whats in them.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malduk View Post
    Most (like over 80%) of my liquids are pretty clear, with some going to transparent orange/yellow. But I DIY my own liquids, so I "know" whats in them.
    So you get clear flavorings then? I have a hard time finding any coffee flavors that are clear I found one but reviews were bad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.

ECF Veteran

Thanks for the info, I actually have been testing out some of my juices and most are tasting stonger, I have gone from 24mgs down to 4-6 mgs, so I am able to add a little pg/vg to most of the stronger tasting bottles. I don't have any that have gone bad yet. I keep them in a cool dry place....I need to start vaping them tho cause they are close to 2 yrs old
    I.gonz likes this.