what to expect from a total switch to 0mg nicotine and total VG liquid?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: what to expect from a total switch to 0mg nicotine and total VG liquid?

Unregistered Supplier

Default what to expect from a total switch to 0mg nicotine and total VG liquid?

Hey Super Vapers

Can anyone (if anyone tried this) tell me what i can expect if i switch from 18mg nicotine and 50/50 PG/VG to a 0mg Nicotine level and VG 70% / 30% distilled water eliquid.

i mainly vape RY4 and Redbull but also looking to get some samples of the El Toro from houseofliquid but still at 0mg nicotine.

This switch that i am thinking of doing is because i sometime am experiencing a sort of feeling of high blood pressure like heat in the head / palpitations.

so was thinking of avoiding both PG and Nicotine.

Any Suggestions please.

cheers

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think really that nicotine addiction like any other addiction can be overcome if you just set your mind to it. Your banner here says you are coming up on 2 months. That's great, but I really do think you ought to try and give it a bit more time. Old habits can die slowly.

Why don't you try going down to 12mg first? Then in a month if you are doing ok, get down to 6 or 8? And then down to 4 until you get to zero?

Maybe the symptoms you are experiencing are just because you are getting too high of a dose in too short of a time period. I fully support anyone wanting to go down to zero nic, but I really think as a new vaper you ought to give it just a bit more time.

18 to 0 seems like a big step. In the end though, you've got to do what is right for you.
    Samyaza likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oh and for the PG situation, there are many 100% VG juices. I think but am not sure that they can be cut with distilled water. But perhaps VG is more like an oil and won't mix with water? Someone with more knowledge than me will surely be by to speak on this point.

Unregistered Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by the_vape_nerd View Post
    Oh and for the PG situation, there are many 100% VG juices. I think but am not sure that they can be cut with distilled water. But perhaps VG is more like an oil and won't mix with water? Someone with more knowledge than me will surely be by to speak on this point.
    Thanks for the quick reply maybe you are very correct and i should gradually lower the nicotine levels that i agree.

as for the VG juices at 100% i am open to that also.

Any other suggestions and help is appreciated

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

About the PG. I find that anymore than 60% PG is problematic in that it irritates my throat and makes me cough. Have you tried maybe a 50/50 mix? or 40/60? This might be the source of the problems you are having. Maybe you don't need to do away with PG altogether, just get a better ratio.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

When I first started, I discovered that I am extremely sensitive to nicotine overdose. I started with a 12, and was having similar side effects as you were. In my next order, I got some 0 nic and some 8 (8 was their lowest next to 0). Honestly, 0 is very tasty, but I needed my nic still. Even now I still switch it up, use some 8mg in the am, a mix I made at 4mg in the afternoon, and 0 at night. So far this has helped make the symptoms go away. Still gotta watch how much 8mg I use though!

100%VG is great, definitely try that as well. I don't think you should put anymore than a couple drops of distilled water in with your VG or I believe the vapor goes away? Not sure on that one

Unregistered Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by Squish View Post
    When I first started, I discovered that I am extremely sensitive to nicotine overdose. I started with a 12, and was having similar side effects as you were. In my next order, I got some 0 nic and some 8 (8 was their lowest next to 0). Honestly, 0 is very tasty, but I needed my nic still. Even now I still switch it up, use some 8mg in the am, a mix I made at 4mg in the afternoon, and 0 at night. So far this has helped make the symptoms go away. Still gotta watch how much 8mg I use though!

100%VG is great, definitely try that as well. I don't think you should put anymore than a couple drops of distilled water in with your VG or I believe the vapor goes away? Not sure on that one
    Well this is going to be my next move from MT BAKER VAPOR i am thinking of trying

RY4 - VG 70% with 30% distilled water at 6mg nicotine
    Redbull - VG 70% with 30% distilled water at 6mg nicotine

i am a bit strange to 100% VG since i am vaping on an EGO-T with stardusts and soon with phoenix Bottom Coil.

any idea about 100% VG and does that need to be mixed or i can vape it directly. What about flavour with VG juices.

Well this is going to be my next move from MT BAKER VAPOR i am thinking of trying

Correct me if I am wrong somebody, but wouldn't taking 6mg nicotine and diluting that solution with 30% water actually cut the nicotine level down as well?

Quote Originally Posted by superegot View Post

i am a bit strange to 100% VG since i am vaping on an EGO-T with stardusts and soon with phoenix Bottom Coil.

any idea about 100% VG and does that need to be mixed or i can vape it directly. What about flavour with VG juices.
    I would get a 0nic as well, just to cover your basses. I use 100%VG with my ego twist and it vapes like a dream. If you get it and it's too thick, then adding a COUPLE OF DROPS of distilled water or everclear will thin it nicely. I get good flavor from them (I only get mine from Jugheads, so I'm not sure on other venders)

Unregistered Supplier

i guess i will be switching to 12mg and 6mg nicotine strength at 70%VG / 30%Distilled water as i do not know if 100% VG will loose the flavour or blast my phoenix bottom coils, stardusts or battery.

any comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast