Why is WTA such a controversial subject? - Page 22
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree285Likes

Thread: Why is WTA such a controversial subject?

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I was hiding in my own little corner of the forum when Roth told me about this thread. I am glad to see that this thread hasn't turned into another pissing match like most others have. This could turn into another one of those threads that people reference when someone asks about WTA.

I haven't tried the wta from wholecig but have a question for those that have. I've heard a few people mention a distinct flavor to their unflavored wta and wonder if those that have tried it would comment?

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.

pif moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post
    I was hiding in my own little corner of the forum when Roth told me about this thread. I am glad to see that this thread hasn't turned into another pissing match like most others have. This could turn into another one of those threads that people reference when someone asks about WTA.

I haven't tried the wta from wholecig but have a question for those that have. I've heard a few people mention a distinct flavor to their unflavored wta and wonder if those that have tried it would comment?
    Yes. There is a distinct taste, though it's "unflavored." To me, it tastes like a dry, albeit subtle, generic tobacco taste. I used to go back and forth on this as I read too much of stuff on other forums, but this is the likely the flavor difference between Tobacco Road with WTA and without. I remember when I first had Tobacco Road/Dry Blend without WTA, it seemed to me to be not just missing the hit, but a tobacco presence.

I've read several times where Dvap spoke about the "taste" of WTA, and I think this is what I am experiencing. A similar thing was previously mentioned in Aroma's FAQs, but I don't see it there anymore. It's "like" and ash taste, but not overt or in any kind of TA taste. I like it.
    hittman likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    I mentioned in the Natural Tobacco thread the other day that,

"I tell you one thing, if someone ever extracts WTA from a tobacco, then extracts the flavor of that same tobacco and marries it with the WTA, I am buying! "

Maybe one day?
    I just posted a reply to this on the Natural Tobacco thread, but it's probably more on-topic here.

I think a method to produce something like that is already outlined in an old thread here on ECF.

I just spent a few hours this weekend reading this thread:

Beta Carboline MAOIs - towards a more effective e-liquid

There are several twists and turns but what it evolves into is basically a collaboration between an ECF member called tceight and DVap to develop a relatively safe kitchen made WTA extract where the extracted alkaloids are never concentrated to overtly dangerous levels while using household food safe chemicals.

The results are impressive by all accounts and only lack in purity compared to DVap's lab made WTA extract, and of the few posters who actually tried both, most seemed to prefer the dirtier kitchen version!

The "impurities" are basically stuff that would be in NET flavorings, but it would still be much cleaner than most NETs (DVap calls the resulting extract from simple soaks "filthy"...I agree. Take a sniff of that smoldering crap buildup on your coil after a long NET session...a full ashtray of pure filth in every pindrop).

Definitely seems worth a try. Ascorbic Acid (vitamin c) is mentioned as an alternative acid (they mostly use citric acid in the thread) and my recent readings on TSNA reduction says that ascorbic acid is a very effective method...I love it when two things get done in one step.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I am standing back from that one. I'll take my chances with the good ol' WTA.

ECF Veteran

I am standing back from that one. I'll take my chances with the good ol' WTA.
    It is "good ol' WTA" with a few impurities that are normally sold as NETs...except the NETs have a lot more fats, sugars, tannins and a bunch of other stuff that have no chance of vaporizing.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VaporMizer View Post
    It is "good ol' WTA" with a few impurities that are normally sold as NETs...except the NETs have a lot more fats and tannins and a bunch of other stuff that have no chance of vaporizing.
    Okay. I admit that I didn't even peruse that thread. I will. I will give it a fair shot. Once again, my bad for rushing to judgement. Judging without a solid basis to stand on is never a good look.
    VaporMizer and Dustin Brown like this.

ECF Veteran

Okay. I admit that I didn't even peruse that thread. I will. I will give it a fair shot. Once again, my bad for rushing to judgement. Judging without a solid basis to stand on is never a good look.
    You can get to the meat of the thread (the parts that actually deal with WTA extraction) by searching the thread for tceight and DVap posts....not that there are no other contributers, but it'll let you skip a lot of the other alternatives and get right into the actual extracting WTA from tobacco.
    Last edited by VaporMizer; 08-04-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Mr.Mann likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I notice a distinct chemically smell/taste in the WholeCig unflavored. It is alsmost like nail polish remover. There was this little dime store toy I got once as a kid. It came in a tube with a straw. You would squeeze out a bit of this substance onto the straw and could make strong bubbles. That is what the unflavored smells like to me. I have let 5 other people smell it and 3 of them said grass, hay, and tobacco. Only one could smell the thing that I smell. So, you might like it.
    I added some flavors to a small bottle and it isn't as pronounced, but still present. I will vape it, but it is pretty low in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by hittman View Post

hittman likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Brown View Post
    I notice a distinct chemically smell/taste in the WholeCig unflavored. It is alsmost like nail polish remover. There was this little dime store toy I got once as a kid. It came in a tube with a straw. You would squeeze out a bit of this substance onto the straw and could make strong bubbles. That is what the unflavored smells like to me. I have let 5 other people smell it and 3 of them said grass, hay, and tobacco. Only one could smell the thing that I smell. So, you might like it.
    I added some flavors to a small bottle and it isn't as pronounced, but still present. I will vape it, but it is pretty low in the queue.
    When I got my Wholecig, I loaded a tank and tried it. I noticed something beside the slight sweetness but couldn't put my finger on it. I suggested a faint tobacco taste. I then thought of how much was wasted in the tank system itself so I pulled out an old 510 atty and drip tip. I haven't noticed anything but the slight sweetness. Unfortunately or fortunately, I've never been very sensitive to the sltght subtleties if taste.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin Brown View Post
    I know what you are talking about with the bubbles. I had those when I was a kid too. I think they were called super elastic bubbles or something like that. Anyway, I was just curious about the flavor of the unflavored. I didn't know if the flavor that others had mentioned was just the sweetness from the VG. Did you by chance try it on a new atty/carto and had the same result? I think I'm just going to have to order some for myself to try so I can see what people are talking about.
    tnt56 likes this.

Sanity is overrated. I'd rather be happy.