Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: how long before....

Full Member Verified Member

Default how long before....

How long before you changed from a tobacco type to flavored.. I smoked menthol.. switched to vapeing.. started with a tobacco then to a menthol vape.. hard to find a menthol vape that is real menthol flavor, most are minty.. found a somewhat passable one.. thinking about trying out the flavors.. anyone else have a somewhat same progression? if so how long before you made the switch from a tobacco to a flavor vape.. did you find it as satisfying change?

2. Advertisement
    Senior Member Verified Member CraftyZA's Avatar

I'm still vaping RY4. Not due to anything related to smoking. It is nothing like that any ways. I just really like the taste of RY4.
    If you want a semi decent menthol vape, mix it with joyetech tobacco flavour. start with 50/50.
    I only vaped that once. When it was done I vaped some flavours, then came across ry4. Have not moved on since. RY4 is my ADV, then I just alternate it with something fruity once in a while.
    --
    SVD, ZMax, Evic, JM22, Just GG (#1646)
    Protank, iClear, Scar, Helios, Nimbus, Ithaka (#6459)

4. Advertisement

what is ry4.. is that a tobacco flavor?

Super Member Verified Member savagemann's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I actually went the opposite direction when I started vaping.
    For my first few months, whenever I tried to vape a baccy flavor, it made me crave an analog.
    It wasn't until after 2 months in, was I able to enjoy tobacco flavors without wanting a stink stick.
    My adv when I first started was cherry cola and various candy flavors.
    I would try some sweet stuff and see how you like it.
    At the moment I am hooked on dessert flavors and am making a lot of diy juice that are dessert flavor with background tobacco notes. Very yummy.

Super Member ECF Veteran williebb123's Avatar

camel was what i liked later on they came out with camel wides when i started vaping just by luck the first vendor had a camel flavor that was so close it was easy to never look back so i vaped that for about 6 weeks after that i have never vaped tobacco flavs again the RY4 is tobacco/caramel alot of vapers like it i tried 2 different ones but never cared for it much maybe i didnt try the right vendor

Senior Member Verified Member CraftyZA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TROOPIN View Post
    It is a mild tobacco, with strong notes of caramel, vanilla, and something else I cant place.
    I really love that stuff.
    RY4 was also one of the original juices when ecig just started out in the mid to late 2000's
    --
    SVD, ZMax, Evic, JM22, Just GG (#1646)
    Protank, iClear, Scar, Helios, Nimbus, Ithaka (#6459)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TROOPIN View Post
    RY4 in all it's variations is a very... confusing flavor. Personally I don't consider it a tobacco flavor. There is a huge thread here about all the different versions: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

When I started I stuck with 2 or 3 very basic tobacco flavors for the first nine months. I just couldn't get past the concept of vaping "weird" flavors before that. I still mostly use tobacco types because I find I get burned out on overly sweet flavors in short order.

Try the menthols from The Vapor Room - no fake mint flavors masquerading as menthol going on there. Some of them like Port Menthol (think Newport) have a great tobacco flavor behind the menthol.
    Last edited by Rickajho; 09-27-2013 at 09:01 AM.

ya finding a good menthol is tough,, but dekang menthol is my go to, tried pink spot menthols, highbrow,virgin hhv,high caliber,Halo,and no dice,,then my old army buddies recommended it. (I wanted to support us vendors,but couldn't find any I liked) long story short try dekang menthol and dk strong mint they work for me...p.s if ya feelin frisky Vapor god artic wolf! be warned the wolf is not for the faint of heart

I will have to look into some of the flavors and maybe the menthol as well.. just dont want to keep spending money on flavors that are perfumy for lack of a better word

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I vaped tobacco flavors exclusively for 4 months before making a change to dessert-type flavors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast