AVE Maple Melody, problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: AVE Maple Melody, problem

Super Member ECF Veteran

I have no experience with AVE juices. However, I have had similar problems with maple flavors from two other vendors. The Maple Rum Tobacco from Vapor Bomb is very dark. It smells of maple. When vaping it, I get no rum or tobacco, just a really strange taste, and on the exhale, the only way I can describe it is "skunky". To me, it is terrible. Yes, it was steeped. On the other hand, their waffle has maple in it. The waffle is light liquid, and has a very pleasant flavor. A bit more maple flavor than I wanted, but very pleasant. The other maple I had a problem with is the French Toast from The Vapor Room. I was very glad that it was my free sample for my first order. It came to me very dark, but with a pleasant maple scent. I tried some the day it arrived, got maple, not French toast flavor on the inhale, and the "skunky" taste on the exhale. My daughter did not like the scent of the vapor, either. I let it steep for a week, tried it again. It was not quite as bad, but still tasted odd. After my experience with the Maple Rum Tobacco, I just dumped the rest of the bottle. Maybe it is the other flavorings that companies use that react with the maple to make it that dark? All I know is that I had 2 maple flavors that I perceived as awful. It takes a lot to make me dump a juice - most of the time I put the stuff I am not crazy about on the side for emergencies, but to my taste these were nasty. I did finish the Vapor Bomb by mixing it heavily with other flavors - I only had a 5 ml bottle. The French Toast from The Vapor Room was a 15 ml bottle. I did not steep the French Toast for more than a week before I pitched it. The Maple Rum Tobacco was steeped for about 2 weeks before I even tried it. Anyone have a similar experience, or any idea what causes this, other than taste perception? I use a cigalike from Vapor 9 with their blank cartos.

Quote Originally Posted by DenaInWyo View Post
    Maple Melody is the color and consistency of used motor oil and tastes of nothing so much as burned plastic. It is positively unvapeable.
    i totally agree with you. Maple Melody is horrible. i am currently steeping it to see if it changes. i hope it does, but i doubt it.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I recently tried AVE recently. Boba's, Gorilla Juice (YUM), and Clove (Oh, the horror!). I do find they are hard on the throat. I have the same problem you do. I find this to only happen with high VG juices. You know how some people are sensitive to PG? I happen to be sensitive to VG. But sometimes I like it. Especially when it's Gorilla Juice. I do ok if I only use it every now and then in a 510 dripper, just as an occasional treat. Can't vape it all the time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by SchmidtyKy View Post
    I recently tried AVE recently. Boba's, Gorilla Juice (YUM), and Clove (Oh, the horror!). I do find they are hard on the throat. I have the same problem you do. I find this to only happen with high VG juices. You know how some people are sensitive to PG? I happen to be sensitive to VG. But sometimes I like it. Especially when it's Gorilla Juice. I do ok if I only use it every now and then in a 510 dripper, just as an occasional treat. Can't vape it all the time, though.
    I love Bobas. I just ordered a 100ml bottle, along with Dream Berries and Watermelon Overload. Both in an 18ml bottle.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
    SchmidtyKy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12