No appetite for juice. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: No appetite for juice.

Well the good news is that Is didn't actually BUY all those flavors, but I was so tempted because they all sounded so delist.

Now none of them even sound good. Maybe in part because I realize the reality of the juice... It's not like eating the actual food/drink. It has its innate limitations.

I think what it boils down to is that the honeymoon might be over lol. Now all that was magical about vaping has become a reality... I am not a lovesick girls anymore if that makes any sense!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdebrecht View Post
    Well the good news is that Is didn't actually BUY all those flavors, but I was so tempted because they all sounded so delist.

Now none of them even sound good. Maybe in part because I realize the reality of the juice... It's not like eating the actual food/drink. It has its innate limitations.

I think what it boils down to is that the honeymoon might be over lol. Now all that was magical about vaping has become a reality... I am not a lovesick girls anymore if that makes any sense!
    Just change the way you think about vaping.

I enjoy vaping RY4s in my car, because my car then smells like a bakery And who doesn't like the aroma of freshly baked cookies?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmdebrecht View Post

Yeah, sorta. But you still need to jiggle something to make sure you don't wander back to smoking. Here's something relatively cheap for some really good liquid. You don't need to blow a bazillion dollars to try some new stuff:

The Vapor Room, five bottle 6 ml sampler pack. Pick any flavors you want from the line up - this isn't a pre-packaged sampler.

First time customer gets a free 15 ml bottle of your choice.

Every order gets a free 3 ml sample. You can even request flavors for that one, but since it's a freebie you don't always get your request. But you always get something.

Code THANKYOU gets you 10% off your order.

Shipping is $4.00

As a first time customer that gets you 48 ml's, covering seven different flavors, for only $22.00 - shipping included.

Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    That's why I always recommend new members not to buy a ton of liquid. Stick with a few you can live with and save your money for other stuff. Hardware!

I wish I had all the money back I wasted on liquid.
    Oh Caridwen, don't we all! If we were to combine our lost $$$, we could BUY the FDA!

To the newbs... it IS difficult at times. None of us found and loved any particular vliquid right off the batt (ok, pun intended). Sample bottles will be your best friend. No vaper can tell you what you will like, even if it's a particularly popular flavor. And, as we know, our tastes change, so the variables just keep adding up.

For me, when I'm having an off-day (days, week), I'll vape a peppermint for awhile. That seems to help. Another thing that helps me is to actually walk away from any device that's handy and just NOT vape for awhile (gulp... did I just say that??). Have a bite to eat, brush those pearly whites, whatever. When the urge to vape strikes, you might be more likely to enjoy what's in your topper.
    jefsview and cmdebrecht like this.

Go for the Gold...

I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

So glad to run into this thread! I thought it was just me! Thankfully, not only is it not just me, it will also pass. Thank God.

Hang in there, I think there is a lot of good advice, and it will get better.
    I think I may try some menthol tomorrow.
    cmdebrecht likes this.
    Doing the best I can to do justly love mercy, and walk humbly with God ~Micah 6:8

Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chapeltown View Post
    So glad to run into this thread! I thought it was just me! Thankfully, not only is it not just me, it will also pass. Thank God.

Hang in there, I think there is a lot of good advice, and it will get better.
    I think I may try some menthol tomorrow.

Another idea (if you have some mint or menthol vliquid) is to add just a dab to a flavor you "like" (hmmm... aren't totally bored with).
    cmdebrecht likes this.

Go for the Gold...

I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org

Super Member ECF Veteran DenaInWyo's Avatar

Glad to hear you didn't act on buying all of it! I did, and have paid forward literally hundreds of mLs of juice I didn't care for. And still have literally 100s of mLs in my juice cabinet. I wish I could trade it all in for an equal amount of about 6-8 flavors I actually am really happy with..I'd be set for a year and maybe actually start making this less expensive than smoking!

I think we hit that point where the hobby part of it gets a little less fun. At first I spent hours and hours online looking at sites, hanging out here, deciding what to order next. I'm only a bit over four months in, but I'm less obsessed now. It's kind of like smoking in a way. When we first started way back when, it was this cool new thing (though never as cool/fun as vaping!) and after awhile it was just the normal routine. Get up, make coffee, have a smoke..blah blah blah.

If you can find a few flavors that keep you happy enough to not be on cigs, just go with that until something piques your interest again. Or maybe it won't. Not everyone has to make it into a big obsessive hobby!
    cmdebrecht and chapeltown like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by DenaInWyo View Post
    Not everyone has to make it into a big obsessive hobby!
    While I agree with this when it comes to hardware (and many would disagree), I think researching/trying out vendors with more complex flavored juices is fun and keeps me from getting bored with vaping. Also, for me, focusing more on regular dripping has made vaping FAR more enjoyable than carto's/tanks/clearo's. As always YMMV !
    cmdebrecht likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran DenaInWyo's Avatar

Macmiddle, I see what you mean, but I didn't mean not ever try anything new. I meant that it isn't for everyone to constantly spend hours researching forums, buying something new once a week, and generally putting a ton of mental energy into vaping. Not that this is bad..I'm still obsessed to some extent myself! Just that it's okay to also just ..vape. Smoking wasn't a "hobby" for me.

The only reason this is an important thing to remember for me is this: I also struggle with my weight. When I'm "obsessed" with whatever diet I'm trying, I do well. As soon as I get bored with the counting and tracking and generally having it take up most of my mental space, the diet goes by the wayside. The only way I am successful is when the new way of eating and moving becomes normal for me..part of the normal routine and not just the latest hobby I am interested in. God forbid vaping is ever like that for me and I go back to analogs because I'm bored with the hobby. Vaping just needs to be my norm, even if I no longer feel like spending hours reading and researching.

Just my .02
    alisa1970 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sixtwo View Post
    I can't say that I have, but I just found an excellent vendor early on, (Nicoticket), and found my favorites; H1N1, Custard's Last Stand, Betelgeuse, and Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. These flavors are complex and delicious enough that I've yet to become bored.

In your case, I might suggest buying some DIY supplies and coming up with your own flavors. Making your own should reignite your enthusiasm, I'd think.
    h1n1 is not the name of anything i woud ever want to vape. no matter how good it is. that almost killed me. i really cant believe someone would name a juice that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast