Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: No appetite for juice.

Default No appetite for juice.

Haven't been vaping long, under 2 months. Still really enjoying it. But lately I am just so bored with juice. I can hardly believe it. I used to spend hours online shopping for juice, and would end up with carts full of hundreds of dollars worth of yummy sounding flavors. It was just that EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO DELICIOUS!

Now I seem to have lost my appetite. Nothing sounds good at all. And I am sad, because fun flavors is half the fun.

I have in my possession some awesome juices; flavors I vowed to never be without. Even those seem meh.

Have you ever been ina slump llike this?

I smelll like a cupcake!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, it's either a case of vaper's tongue - or you're bored.

I went through "bored" a few months in. I could still taste everything - so it wasn't a case of vaper's tongue - but it all kinda went meh. You don't want to hear my cure - but I needed to change things up and find a new liquids vendor. That got my interest back in short order.
    Last edited by Rickajho; 10-06-2013 at 05:24 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member macmiddlebrooks's Avatar

Perhaps you could change what "style" of juice for a while? Like if you prefer fruits, try a good, rich custard vape like creme brule, etc.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Try some unflavoured e juice.
    kuritaro9, cags and cmdebrecht like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Hi. Have you found an all day vape? Once I did that made everything easier for me. I do get bored with the flavors too. When that happens, I switch it up and try something totally different. I have found I like juices from just a few vendors. And I can tell which is from which vendor. So, try a few different vendors, a few from each. Do you find you go after just bakery, or fruit, or tobacco. Try something different. I hate menthols and mints, but I happened to stumble onto a peppermint that is awesome. When I get super bored or nothing tastes right, I vape the peppermint for a few hours and it seem to 'reset' my taste buds.

Make sure your attys and clearos are cleaned often. That will affect the taste of your juice. Play with the voltage. Turning it up or down a little for different juices will make a difference in taste also.

Sometimes you hit a few days where everything just tastes blah. It happens to everybody. Sometimes it can last almost a week for me. It will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdebrecht View Post
    Haven't been vaping long, under 2 months. Still really enjoying it. But lately I am just so bored with juice. I can hardly believe it. I used to spend hours online shopping for juice, and would end up with carts full of hundreds of dollars worth of yummy sounding flavors. It was just that EVERYTHING SOUNDED SO DELICIOUS!

Now I seem to have lost my appetite. Nothing sounds good at all. And I am sad, because fun flavors is half the fun.

I have in my possession some awesome juices; flavors I vowed to never be without. Even those seem meh.

cmdebrecht likes this.

A Journey begins when you choose a Path

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm a bit over a year in and I still haven't found a juice I can vape all day every day... I wish I would find something already but havent... now I'm just shopping for low cost juice with a decent to good flavor. I'm hearing a lot of good stuff about the yaelik juice (or something like that). It's from isreal I believe and its $28 for 100ml of juice shipped! Right now with the amount I put into mods and attys, I can't afford $0.50 a ml... lol I'm still undecided on what flavor to get from that vendor because that decision will decide if I will purchase anymore from him. Anybody have any experience with this vendor? If so, would would you recommend? I like very suttle fruit flavors.
    cmdebrecht likes this.

ECF Veteran

I would suggest getting into the DIY part of the adventure. I think the homemade ones taste better. I am still real new myself but there are some really simple recipes. And I feel like I am saving even more money. I think everyone gets into a tootrut every once in a while. This to my child, shall pass. heehee Even when the juice tastes "meh" it still tastes better than cigarettes. If you have a fruit flavor that you like.... add a drop or 2 or lemon juice to make it pop. Make some menthol in PGA to add throat hit. Play around and have fun has taken on a whole new meaning for me since I started vaping. bahahahahaha Good luck to ya.
    cmdebrecht and Enoch777 like this.

I can't say that I have, but I just found an excellent vendor early on, (Nicoticket), and found my favorites; H1N1, Custard's Last Stand, Betelgeuse, and Grandma's Cinnamon Danish. These flavors are complex and delicious enough that I've yet to become bored.

In your case, I might suggest buying some DIY supplies and coming up with your own flavors. Making your own should reignite your enthusiasm, I'd think.

ECF Veteran

i feel ya on getting burned out on flavors. i find a day or two with some unflavored usually cures it for me.i have yet to get tired of my apollo RY4, Vapeking VK4 and VK Supreme though, but i still do take some flavor time off from time to time. some flavorless with a few drops of sweetener in it is kinda nice too
    cmdebrecht likes this.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's why I always recommend new members not to buy a ton of liquid. Stick with a few you can live with and save your money for other stuff. Hardware!

I wish I had all the money back I wasted on liquid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast