Doubts over the safety of NET E-liquids - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Doubts over the safety of NET E-liquids

Super Member ECF Veteran

ah yes, what are the typical pesticide practices for tobacco? i thought it was pretty lethal to insects except... the boll weevil

someone google frequency application and ppm or ppb of pesticides found on harvested tobacco leaves, i'm on my break
    EleanorR and Gerick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RT88 View Post
    ah yes, what are the typical pesticide practices for tobacco? i thought it was pretty lethal to insects except... the boll weevil

someone google frequency application and ppm or ppb of pesticides found on harvested tobacco leaves, i'm on my break
    I found this from 2003

http://www.gao.gov/atext/d03485.txt

Here's a tidbit .. There's more if you go to the link.

"While EPA regulates the specific pesticides that may be used on tobacco
    and other crops and specifies how the pesticides may be used, it does
    not otherwise regulate residues of pesticides approved for use on
    tobacco.
    USDA, however, is required by the Dairy and Tobacco
    Adjustment Act to test imported and domestic tobacco for residues of
    pesticides not approved by EPA for use on tobacco that federal
    officials believe are used in other countries. By helping ensure that
    other countries do not use highly toxic pesticides that U.S. tobacco
    growers may not use, federal regulation of pesticide residues on
    tobacco addresses trade equity as well as health and environmental
    issues. However, USDA has not reevaluated the list of pesticides for
    which it tests since 1989, even though EPA has cancelled tobacco use
    for over 30 pesticides since then."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I did a search:

The Plume Room
    "The Plume Room uses 100% organic nicotine extract, House Extracted Tobacco and the finest imported European flavorings to produce a truly satisfying vaping experience" Not sure if this is the same as NET?
    Best e liquid, artisan e cigarettes juice, organic e liquid | The Plume Room

Three Fiddlehead Co.
    "We feature both Halo USA made premium e-liquids and our house tobaccos which are naturally extracted tobacco flavors.
    Our house made tobacco flavors are made from an in-house extraction of organically certified toasted burley tobacco." On a second look I only see Halo brand and not the "Our house made tobacco" they mentioned.....?
    Premium E-Liquid Tobacco Flavors | Three Fiddlehead Co.

Cravin Vapes
    "Tobacco flavored eliquids quality brewed using our in-house organic tobacco extracts that are sure to please anyone's taste buds. " Not sure if this means NET either
    Tobacco flavored - CravinVapes

Velvet Cloud
    "Our e-juice is made from scratch, using only 100% VG and a pinch of distilled water. All the components - base blend, nicotine absolute, tobacco absolute, etc. are made by the two of us, right here in San Francisco. We only use organic and natural flavorings."
    So they make their won tobacco extract but I'm not sure if that means the same thing as NET.
    Velvet Cloud Vapor - Organic and Natural All VG E-Liquid from San Francisco
    Last edited by firephly; 10-18-2013 at 01:35 AM.
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Yes ,but they don't say where or who they buy their tobacco leaves from.

Sure they can be organic from the point after they buy the tobacco leaves but what happens before that.

tobacco
    "

So that means the EPA doesn't test for "Pesticide Residue" or how much "Pesticide Residue" is on tobacco leaves used for tobacco products
    Last edited by Gerick; 10-18-2013 at 01:36 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Well, in order for a product to be labeled organic it has to meet certain standards and be certified organic. Like American Spirit has a type of cig that they label organic (but not all all American Spirit cigs are sold as organic, some are sold as "natural" which doesn't mean organic).

" Who allows Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company to advertise its cigarettes "natural" and "organic?" Tobacco is lumped in with foodstuffs you eat under the USDA. Therefore, tobacco follows the edicts pertaining to, and regulations of, the USDA.

Why is the Santa Fe NaturalTobacco Co. allowed to advertise its American Spirit cigarettes as "natural" and "organic?" Again, for starters, tobacco is actually considered a foodstuff by the U.S. government. Therefore, when the Santa Fe Tobacco Company follows the organic requirements that have been established, it gets to label its cigarettes organic."

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...ient=firefox-a
    Last edited by firephly; 10-18-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: added source link

Plus the biggy is ...when were the leaves "Harvest" after the last "application of pesticides" .

Being the EPA doesn't test for "pesticide residue" on tobacco products

Remember..the EPA regulates the pesticides ,but doesn't regulate the amount of pesticide residue for tobacco products. So if the leaves were sprayed 5 days before harvest they will be loaded with pesticide residue as oppose to 20 days before harvest.

There's a chart on the web (can't find it now) that shows a huge difference of pest residue on leaves due to the timing of harvest and when was the last time the leaves were sprayed with pesticide before harvest.

tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    Well, in order for a product to be labeled organic it has to meet certain standards and be certified organic. Like American Spirit has a type of cig that they label organic (but not all all American Spirit cigs are sold as organic, some are sold as "natural" which doesn't mean organic).

" Who allows Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company to advertise its cigarettes "natural" and "organic?" Tobacco is lumped in with foodstuffs you eat under the USDA. Therefore, tobacco follows the edicts pertaining to, and regulations of, the USDA.

Why is the Santa Fe NaturalTobacco Co. allowed to advertise its American Spirit cigarettes as "natural" and "organic?" Again, for starters, tobacco is actually considered a foodstuff by the U.S. government. Therefore, when the Santa Fe Tobacco Company follows the organic requirements that have been established, it gets to label its cigarettes organic."
    The "Santa Fe Tobacco " company is an American Indian company and I believe they have different regulations. Other words..they don't have to abide by the same laws as other companies. They have exemptions because they are AI.

I just want to know where these NET juice suppliers get their leaves from ,so I can research the companies who actually grow the leaves.

Yes they can be making the juice here in the USA and call it "100% made in the USA" and get away with it even if their leaves come from abroad.

Different pesticides (some are the same for sure) are used in different countries .

So..my question to the NET juice makers is ...where do you buy/get the tobacco leaves from ?

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

""While EPA regulates the specific pesticides that may be used on tobacco
    tobacco."

I'm sure that's true for regular tobacco, but in order to be certified organic they have to meet standards.

"

What is organic?

Organic refers to the way agricultural products—food and fiber—are grown and processed. Organic food production is based on a system of farming that maintains and replenishes soil fertility without the use of toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers. Organic foods are minimally processed without artificial ingredients, preservatives, or irradiation to maintain the integrity of the food."

Can any type of agricultural product become certified organic?

Yes, any agricultural product that meets third-party or state certification requirements may be considered organic. Organic foods are becoming available in an impressive variety, including pasta, prepared sauces, frozen juices, frozen meals, milk, ice cream and frozen novelties, cereals, meat, poultry, breads, soups, chocolate, cookies, beer, wine, vodka and more. These foods, in order to be certified organic, have all been grown and processed according to organic standards and must maintain a high level of quality. Organic fiber products, too, have moved beyond T-shirts, and include bed and bath linens, tablecloths, napkins, cosmetic puffs, feminine hygiene products, and men’s, women’s and children’s clothing in a wide variety of styles.

Are all organic products completely free of pesticide residues?

Certified organic products have been grown and handled according to strict standards without toxic and persistent chemical inputs. However, organic crops are inadvertently exposed to agricultural chemicals that are now pervasive in rain and ground water due to their overuse during the past fifty years in North America, and due to drift via wind and rain.

Do organic farmers ever use pesticides?

Prevention is the organic farmer’s primary strategy for disease, weed, and insect control. By building healthy soils, organic farmers find that healthy plants are better able to resist disease and insects. Organic producers often select species that are well adapted for the climate and therefore resist disease and pests. When pest populations get out of balance, growers will try various options like insect predators, mating disruption, traps, and barriers. If these fail, permission may be granted by the certifier to apply botanical or other nonpersistent pest controls under restricted conditions. Botanicals are derived from plants and are broken down quickly by oxygen and sunlight.

Questions and Answers About Organic - Organic Trade Association
    deltadiva likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I emailed Velvet Cloud to ask if the tobacco they make their extracts from are certified organic, waiting to hear back.
    Gerick likes this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    So I guess maybe the answer then is to find a NET organic version, is there a supplier who has that?
    If it hasn't been said already (I just hopped on this thread), Cravin' Vapes makes an organic NET. I believe they use it as a base for several offerings.
    vjc0628 likes this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast