Doubts over the safety of NET E-liquids - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree312Likes

Thread: Doubts over the safety of NET E-liquids

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gerick View Post
    The "Santa Fe Tobacco " company is an American Indian company and I believe they have different regulations. Other words..they don't have to abide by the same laws as other companies. They have exemptions because they are AI.

I just want to know where these NET juice suppliers get their leaves from ,so I can research the companies who actually grow the leaves.

Yes they can be making the juice here in the USA and call it "100% made in the USA" and get away with it even if their leaves come from abroad.

Different pesticides (some are the same for sure) are used in different countries .

So..my question to the NET juice makers is ...where do you buy/get the tobacco leaves from ?

I haven't found any evidence that American Spirit is owned by Native Americans.
    Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From the American Spirit website (you have to log in to look)
    "The Purity Residue Clean (PRC) program uses cultivation practices that leave no detectible residues of agricultural chemicals on the cured tobacco."

"The small, independent farmers who follow the rigid guidelines of our PRC and Organic growing programs are dedicated to their craft. Following the farming techniques and best practices developed over generations, our growers ensure that we have only the highest quality, whole leaf, natural tobacco from which to make Natural American Spirit cigarettes and Roll-Your-Own. It’s a relationship that helps them to continue supporting their families while helping to protect the environment."

From the parent company, Santa Fe Natural Tobacco:

"What is organic?
    In lay terms, it means growing and producing tobacco as the Native Americans did for centuries.

That's right. No chemicals. And using only what Mother Nature provides. That's...organic.

Our technical definition of Organic is the same as any other agricultural product in the United States according to the USDA’s National Organic Program (NOP). If a product is labeled organic, such as our tobacco, it followed the NOP’s approved growing techniques.

These practices bring together biological, cultivation, and mechanical practices to create a system that recycles resources, promotes balance and conserves the land’s biodiversity. Synthetic fertilizers, sewage sludge, irradiation, and genetic engineering may not be used.

The NOP extends beyond the field and into our manufacturing process. We store our organic tobacco in a separate facility from our other tobacco. Our machines and facilities are scrubbed and cleaned before organic tobacco enters the system to prevent any contamination.

Growing organic may start as a commitment, but it soon becomes a way of life. And one we rather enjoy.

What is PRC?
    Before our foray into organic tobacco, we started our Purity Residue Clean (PRC) program to grow tobacco. Farmers in the program must follow a strict regimen and are only allowed the use of chemicals that don’t leave behind detectable residue once the tobacco is cured.

Being enrolled in the PRC program also promotes the sound cultivation and farming practices prescribed by SFNTC. Farmers must follow guidelines such as leaving buffer strips of land between PRC and conventional crops, guaranteeing that water runoff from non-PRC crops doesn’t come in contact with PRC crops to avoid cross-contamination.

And it’s not just tobacco that these chemicals affect; they can remain in the land itself for years. Just ask our PRC farmer Richard W., whose tobacco tested positive for a banned chemical. Richard dug deep in his records and discovered the last time the reported substance was used on his fields was seven years before. Seven years.

Our growing programs are a commitment — from the farmers, to the earth. "
    Last edited by firephly; 10-18-2013 at 01:25 AM.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Gerick and vjc0628 like this.
    "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army...we have therefore to resolve to conquer or die." General Washington July 2, 1776

So..my question to the NET juice makers is ...where do you buy/get the tobacco leaves from ?
    Some will answer that question if you asked them, some will be unwilling or unable to, and some, like www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com and www.myvapejuice.com will say specifically on their site the source of their tobaccos for most of their extracts.
    EleanorR and vjc0628 like this.

"Currently, two-thirds of the world's tobacco is grown in just four countries: China, India, Brazil, and the United States."

This is why I want to know where they buy their leaves from .

Brazil is trying to eliminate pesticides but isn't there as of yet ,but have made great strides .

Plus I don't believe for a one second that China or India are even trying hard to eliminate pesticides and would never want any juice where the leaves came from these countries.

That's just me.
    Last edited by Gerick; 10-18-2013 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    I haven't found any evidence that American Spirit is owned by Native Americans.
    I found this so that's why I said it.

Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Foundation

Where exactly does it say they get /buy their tobacco leaves ?

I might have missed it and still looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerms View Post
    Some will answer that question if you asked them, some will be unwilling or unable to, and some, like www.Naturally-Extracted-Tobacco.com, e-liquids for electronic cigarettes and MyVapeJuice.com will say specifically on their site the source of their tobaccos for most of their extracts.

Blog Entries

I found this so that's why I said it.

Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Foundation
    Interesting, it doesn't say, maybe they are. Or maybe they contribute to Native organizations to mitigate their using of Native images to promote their product, idk...

Tobacco is a sacred plant in many Native cultures, but it wasn't smoked often and if it was smoked it was only ceremoniously and generally mixed with other herbs prior to smoking. Usually it was burned without smoking or used without burning, so it would seem like making it into cigarettes would not be a very Native usage, but then that doesn't mean the company wasn't started by natives....

I used to smoke American Spirits and they do taste a whole lot better than a Marlboro or Camel which taste chemical to me. But they all taste bad now that I'm used to vaping..

I have yet to see the certified organic label on any tobacco or nicotine product though
    http://www.organic.org/image.php?ima...images/201.gif
    Last edited by firephly; 10-18-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Where exactly does it say they get /buy their tobacco leaves ?

I might have missed it and still looking.
    Whoops, I guess NETcom doesn't say specifically what brand is used on each one. I'm sure Clay would tell you if he asked. For example, H+ Yellow Mane is extracted from a ACID Blondie cigar and BA Mango Vanilla is Holger Danske pipe tobacco.

For MVJ, they say what cigar is used in the cigar line, and under the descriptions in the regular NET line they'll often mention where the tobacco is from; like My Hero is made from a locally grown Connecticut broad leaf tobacco.
    EleanorR and Gerick like this.

Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    Interesting, it doesn't say, maybe they are. Or maybe they contribute to Native organizations to mitigate their using of Native images to promote their product, idk...

Tobacco is a sacred plant in many Native cultures, but it wasn't smoked often and if it was smoked it was only ceremoniously and generally mixed with other herbs prior to smoking. Usually it was burned without smoking or used without burning, so it would seem like making it into cigarettes would not be a very Native usage, but then that doesn't mean the company wasn't started by natives....

I used to smoke American Spirits and they do taste a whole lot better than a Marlboro or Camel which taste chemical to me. But they all taste bad now that I'm used to vaping..

I have yet to see the certified organic label on any tobacco or nicotine product though
    http://www.organic.org/image.php?ima...images/201.gif
    UGH..I tried Spirit and they wwere horrible. One drag and dumped it !

I do/did love my red marlboros and have tried the black marlboros right before I quit and enjoyed them more than the reds.

Blog Entries

UGH..I tried Spirit and they wwere horrible. One drag and dumped it !

I do/did love my red marlboros and have tried the black marlboros right before I quit and enjoyed them more than the reds.
    I smoked Marlboros for years then switched to American Spirit, at first they tasted weird but after a while I liked them and thought everything with chemicals was nasty,now I find them all kind of gross...
    I fell off the wagon a couple of time with my vaping (due to frustration with equipment and finding a good e juice) and was disappointed in how gross the regular cigs smelled and tasted...just goes to show you get to like what you're used to having sometimes.
    Gerick likes this.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast