Alternatives to Halo Menthols? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Alternatives to Halo Menthols?

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Vermillion River E Juice's Minnesota Menthol.

It's (with the exception of the recipe below) the best in the charted universe.

But the best?

My Menthadilla Whip:

Attachment 264989

It's formulated purposely so that (if you use VG as a carrier base) no PG is required to be added to the recipe. DIY is a lot easier than it seems at first. And cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap

I am primarily a menthol liking person. And this is the best, not bragging just saying. I have sample dozens of menthols and the only thing even slightly near as good as my MenthadillaWhip is Vermillion River E Juice's Minnesota Menthol.
    DIY intrigues me a bit, but I don't feel comfortable with it. One of these days when I've got a comfortable work area that the kids can't disturb. You can tell a 3 year old to stay out as much as you want...

Super Member ECF Veteran Gr8Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR 137 View Post
    DIY intrigues me a bit, but I don't feel comfortable with it. One of these days when I've got a comfortable work area that the kids can't disturb. You can tell a 3 year old to stay out as much as you want...
    Understandable.

But, good gawd, I just whipped up almost 50ml of the stuff and I am still awestruck with how yummy it is. After a dozen or so times of trying to perfect an all day vape in menthol that's just perfect, I finally nailed it.

Took me less than an hour and cost about four bucks. That's for 50ml.

So that's .08 cents per milliliter.

But the next best thing is Minnesota Menthol from Vermillion. I am almost positive you will dig it

I'm going to try a few different Mr E Liquid and Goodejuice flavors. I'll try others as well, but I'll start with those.

HHV keeps my interest with their add menthol option. Has anyone tried a regular flavor and added menthol? Anyone tried the heavy menthol option?
    I have at Mr E but not HHV. If you like menthol without mint in it, all the juices you add his menthol to are good. I mean to say... if he offers an "add menthol" that's a juice he thinks works with menthol. If he doesn't offer the juice with menthol then I would be leery. He's an expert mixer. I think I posted earlier on this thread but am too lazy to look right now. If so, I'm repeating. I add his menthol to other vendor's juices as I don't trust any other menthol having gotten so many that contain mint which I really, really, dislike. Mint vapes remind me of downing pepto bismal and gag me. I don't know why vendors put it in menthol juice or, at the very least, why they don't rename the juice its in to something indicating mint flavor.
    TraceyS and vjc0628 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by vjc0628 View Post
    HHV I added menthol to shadow and all I got was mint
    Don't know how I missed this post, but thanks a bunch. Saved me some money and aggravation.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Don't know how I missed this post, but thanks a bunch. Saved me some money and aggravation.
    HHV is good for tobacco's it just the menthols being mint was disapointing
    TraceyS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by patkin View Post
    I have at Mr E but not HHV. If you like menthol without mint in it, all the juices you add his menthol to are good. I mean to say... if he offers an "add menthol" that's a juice he thinks works with menthol. If he doesn't offer the juice with menthol then I would be leery. He's an expert mixer. I think I posted earlier on this thread but am too lazy to look right now. If so, I'm repeating. I add his menthol to other vendor's juices as I don't trust any other menthol having gotten so many that contain mint which I really, really, dislike. Mint vapes remind me of downing pepto bismal and gag me. I don't know why vendors put it in menthol juice or, at the very least, why they don't rename the juice its in to something indicating mint flavor.
    Which menthol do you add to other juices, the plain menthol?

Gonna order the plain menthol and a few "Ice" flavors.

Just put in an order for some small bottles from Mr E Liquid...

Mr E's Menthol
    Menilla Joe
    Bubble Ice
    Cherry Ice
    Raspberry Ice
    Grey Matter

I really hope this stuff is good. I hate getting juice that I don't like. When that happens I try doctoring it up with other stuff, get even more pissed, then dump it down the drain in a fit of rage.

I'm pretty optomistic about this stuff though.

They all came in the mail yesterday. It came with an unexpected small free sample of Psycho Citrus. It's not something I would have ordered, but it smells pretty good so I'll give it a try.

I filled a mini Protank with Cherry Ice. Smells like a red freeze pop, but it tastes like kind of like cherry robitussin or a cherry Hall's. Maybe a little of both. I ordered it (and the rest of the ice flavors) in regular menthol strength. I taste about 50/50 menthol to cherry or maybe a bit more menthol than cherry, which is a good thing. Sometimes I think I'd prefer more menthol, but not too much more.

I taste zero mint, which is a great thing. I'd like a bit more throat hit, but it's not a deal breaker; the menthol is smooth. I'm vaping 24 mg nicotine.

I'm not sure this will be my all day vape, but I'm happy with it nonetheless. I see some great potential for the rest of the juices. I think raspberry ice may be more of what I'm after. Or maybe Menilla Joe. Or maybe bubble ice. Or maybe...

Gonna finish it off and load up the next flavor. Not sure which one it'll be; it'll be a game-time decision.

PS - People have a hard time describing what Grey Matter tastes like. Haven't tasted it yet, but it smells like graham crackers and some other stuff. Should be interesting.
    vjc0628 likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My favs that I can vape all day (picky vapor/especially w/menthol) are bubble ice, raspberry ice, melon ice, straight menthol.. and really for some reason really love the cola ice lol. Its like a coca cola.......stopped drinking that a while back but this taste is good! Oh and if there are any that you are like so so, let them steep the menthol comes out a lot more.

Tracey

MAIN THING IS NO MINT TASTE LOL Sorry
    vjc0628 likes this.

I'm vaping on Mr E's Menthol as I type this. I didn't like the first drag or two, as it seemed exactly like Halo's Sub Zero. Sub Zero has zero flavor to me - it's like a plain Hall's menthol cough drop. After a few drags, I started to pick up a very slight touch of sweetness and flavor. Half way through my first tank of it, this is a damn good menthol; clean, not overwhelming, and a great throat hit while being smooth. Not as smooth as Cherry Ice for some reason, but definitely smooth enough.

This one will be my main vape unless one of the others replaces it. I might add some to Cherry Ice to tone down the cherry, but that'll be fine tuning the Cherry Ice as it's got a good ratio of cherry and menthol.

Next flavor will also be a game-time decision. Quite possibly Grey Matter.
    TraceyS and vjc0628 like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast