Alternatives to Halo Menthols?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Alternatives to Halo Menthols?

Default Alternatives to Halo Menthols?

I've been vaping Halo juices exclusively since I started. My favorite was their Menthol Ice. It used to taste like a clean menthol with a touch of syrupy/sugary sweetness to it. It was the perfect balance to me. Now several months later, I think my taste buds and nose recovered from 20 years of a pack a day cig habit.

I get this very odd taste and smell from it that I can't really describe. It happened all of a sudden, and at first I thought I burned a coil or something was wrong with my tank. A new tank and coil didn't change anything. After I smelled it in the bottle, I thought the juice went bad. After I ordered another bottle, I came to the conclusion that my taste buds and nose recovered.

I don't taste/smell it in Halo's other menthols or other juices. While I still vape their Mystic menthol, it's not getting the job done. I really like their Voodoo and Tiki Juice, but they don't keep me from smoking. Since I started tasting it, I've been smoking 2-3 cigs a day and feel like vaping just holds me over until I have another cig. When menthol ice tasted right, I had zero desire to smoke.

I've read the countless threads about menthol juices here, but I figured I'd ask...

I'm looking for a clean and slightly sweet tasting menthol juice. Not spearmint flavored, not peppermint flavored. By descriptions on some vendors' sites, a lot of stuff I'd be interested in seem like fruit flavors with menthol rather than menthol with a touch of something else. Menthol with say a drop or two of something like cherry, watermelon, etc. would be great.

I also want USA made stuff.

I was thinking Heather's Heavenly Vapes, but I'm not sure.

Any suggestions?

PS - Please no Halo bashing. I saw a few threads turn really ugly. Everyone like what they like for whatever reason they like it for.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I know what your saying the halo menthols are menthol flav
    but only menthol no tobacco or fruit or anything

when I tried to find else where all I got was mint
    HHV was mint as well

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I started with Halo juices. I was with you. I enjoyed them while I had them and my tastebuds outgrew them.

If you like menthol, you should consider doing a little DIY. Thats where I went next. Order a small bottle of PG/VG and get some menthol crystals from ebay. The crystals will disolve making concentrated menthol, so you can give anything you like a spike. You can get any kind of fruit flavor from Mount Baker Vapors for $3.

But, to answer your question, after Halo I branched out. I liked the Arctic Wolf from VaporGod. I also liked a particular blueberry menthol that my local B&M. I also like adding a few squirts of menthol to "tigers blood", a fruity coconut juice.
    Gr8Scott likes this.

Semovar, Reo Mini 2.1, Lavatube, MVP, Kamry K100 & K101, Vamo, Sigelei Mini, itaste VTR, many egos, CartoTanks and Protanks. So, subtract that from the number above and you can see how much I actually saved by quitting smoking.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

If you want to stick with Halo, try hx3. I love it and it feels like a menthol to me. I don't know if they classified it as a menthol, but it should be. I really like it.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mb300sd View Post
    If you want to stick with Halo, try hx3. I love it and it feels like a menthol to me. I don't know if they classified it as a menthol, but it should be. I really like it.
    felt the same way when I had in prefilled carto's
    later when I got the liquid it was nasty in a clearo
    tried to vape it but ended up tossing 25 ml's

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mb300sd View Post
    looking back I probably should have given it a shoot in a carto tank since it worked so well in the prefilled

Good Ejuice's Lab Made Items: eliquid | e cigarette liquid | e liquid | e juice | ejuice Think Halo quality, but lower prices. The menthols are at the bottom of the page.

Also, their NET line. Tobacco upfront with menthol. All Natural NET eLiquids :

HHV is also good for flavored tobaccos, with an option to add menthol. For a plain tobacco, get Dark Horse.

What would Freud say? Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good Ejuice's Lab Made Items: eliquid | e cigarette liquid | e liquid | e juice | ejuice Think Halo quality, but lower prices. The menthols are at the bottom of the page.
    well, same price as halo with the halo discount...
    $17.99 vs. $18.99
    anyway... good juice...

goodejuice = emerald square
    totally wicked = xxx menthol
    Evo = frostbite

these are lab juices like halo... not many others out there.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Mr. Eliquid has a great menthol, I use full strength at 18mg. It is really a good menthol....no minty tastes at all. I have now discovered their Ice Line. Oh my, some are so so and still steeping but I REALLY, REALLY love their Bubble Ice. Bubble gum all day Next their Raspberry is really good, and the last one I really like is Cola Ice. Ice cold coke. I think you will like them! They have a vendor subforum here.

Tracey

ps I ordered several Halo's but was already spoiled on mr eliquid so I sold the Halo

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

has anyone tried indigo vapor menthol line
    I had wanted to try a couple of there menthol juices
    but have been afraid of the mint I have seen from so many vendors

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast