I'm set.. Except for my ADV.. Depressed! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: I'm set.. Except for my ADV.. Depressed!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I agree with Bad. Variety is the spice of life. With so many great flavors out there, why worry about it. I just celebrated my 3 year vaperversary and I don't have, want, or need an ADV. Do I have certain flavors that I won't do without? Yup, can't do without my Poof Juice or my lemon loves cake. But I enjoy at least 20 other flavors on a regular basis too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

RIP Dave King (SirOgre) 1973-2014 Always in my heart and on my mind. See you on the Other Side Baby!

PV Master ECF Veteran

coming from someone who HAS an ADV,,,,,,

it;s not all it's cracked up to be. sigh.

Your tastebuds decide, after vaping the same flavor all darned day, that they will no longer TASTE said ADV,,,,,

so then you are forced to switch flavors,,,,,,,

but it's very unsatisfactory because it's NOT your favorite ADV.

Seriously,,,,,,,,DON'T find an ADV! Be happy switching flavors!
    flowerpots, leex1 and Enoch777 like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Excellent advice in here. An ADV /= the same brand of smokes you hit for decades. It's not that simple. I have about a half dozen ADV's but all that really means is that I can vape them every single day and always be happy but I never vape just one flavor all day.

I started off like many with desserts, coffees, and a few fruits and beverages. I personally found the fruits and beverages to be quite boring and one dimensional. I've narrowed it down to one coffee that I love every morning and just about 3 desserts that always hit the spot. The real homeruns came with tobacco'ish juices and not the MBV ones. Vendors already mentioned like Ahlusion, HHV, and one that I really love not mentioned yet (Vermillion River) deliver outstanding complex flavors that are simply satisfying at all times.

Many new vapors think tobaccos aren't for them but avoiding them is a huge mistake. The vast majority aren't dry and earthy (or ashy) at all. They are brilliant blends of smooth tobacco flavors mixed with all kinds of things. They are very complex and you can't put a finger on exactly why it tastes so good. THAT is what makes an all day vape. A strawberry is a strawberry and gummy bear is a gummy bear. I like flavors like that but nobody could possibly eat strawberries and gummi bears for breakfast lunch and dinner. They are too one dimensional (IMO).

I started mixing my own juice a couple months ago and I have hit some serious home runs with relatively complex flavors (in between lots of fails). My best DIY dessert is creamy cinnamon apple pie and best tobacco is a hangsen tab + ry4 variant. Very complex flavors (meaning they offer many different variations depending on delivery device, wattage, and even time of day because tastes change).

There are tons of excellent vendors out there that have taken time to craft a brilliant and complex flavor profile. IMO- a true adv that has long lasting rotation life is one that you just can't put a finger on what exactly you are tasting but one thing you know for sure is that it tastes really good.
    flowerpots and Enoch777 like this.

Coil Destroyer Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, I go to sleep and wake up to all these posts!

Thank you everyone for your help, I'm going to read through all of these one by one and just do a trial and error sort of thing.

I have Monkey buns and Monkey beach coming today, and I just ordered Strawberry, Banana's Gone Nuts, and Blue Moo from MBV (they are quite inexpensive lol) so we'll see how that goes.

Maybe I won't have an ADV, but I do need to find a few favorites in my rotation!

White Provari Mini Green LED - 1ohm micro IGO L w/cotton & 28ga / Aspire BDCs

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Just my ....but I gave up on "ADV" a few weeks ago.....staying on one flavor for an extended period can - and often DOES - lead to the dreaded "vaper's tongue" -- where NOTHING tastes good, until your palate/taste buds have a chance to "relax"....a "change-up"...
    So, now.....it's Cuban Coffee in the morning, maybe some Clove WOW at midday....and Vanilla Sky Tobacco late day/evening....
    Happy (vaping) Trails!
    flowerpots likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jefsview View Post
    Great sweets, fruits and tobaccos, both no-nonsense and dessert tobaccos Heather's Heavenly VAPES

Custom E-Liquids : Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

Only $13 for a 30ml! $22 for a 50ml! -- and any pg/Vg ratio you like.

I would recommend Blueberry Muffin, Heavenly Army, Shadow, Legend and Oompa.

Also, MADDCATT Vapors -- check out their weekly 30ml for $10 specials!
    I really like all of these 5, except Oompa... never tried it. Legend is one of my all-time favorites, and I just received some Legend and Blueberry Muffin. $22 for 50ml is not what I'd call "cheap" though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lessifer View Post
    Don't buy tobacco flavors from Mt Baker, don't get me wrong, I love MBV but their tobacco flavors are not their strong suit. Right now I'm really loving their lemonade line, Freckled and America being my current favorites.

For tobacco, I haven't found anything I like more than Legend from Heather's.
    MBV is my go-to goo supplier, and their 555 is one of my all-time ADV's. I also like their Coumarin Pipe Tobacco and Virginia somethingorother tobacco. Not epic, but good.
    Lessifer likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gjustin79 View Post
    I
    I'm also open to GOOD tobaccos. I've strayed away after vaping half a 15ml bottle of Pink Spot's USA blend and going from "it's okay" to gagging at the smell of it in the course of a few hours.. A smooth apple tobacco sounds nice to me.

Someone help me
    This guy is one of the best for tobacco flavors. Even I like them and that is saying something since I can no longer stand the smell of analogs....give a look, he is open for business.

Applewood

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gjustin79 View Post
    I like fruity flavors, but not candy-like flavors. REAL fruit. (Apple, melon would be ideal). I also love sweet bakery/dessert flavors but not if they are "artificial" tasting. I have really picky tastebuds..
    I haven't tried a lot of things yet, but one thing I reordered is Peach Thymbra and Coconut from Highbrow
    Highbrow Vapor Peach Thymbra

Not too sweet and they make the peach Thymbra from real peaches "Crisp, clean, juicy and savory best describes our natural peach flavor. True peach flavor is often difficult to find in the E liquid world. Often times you get a juice that is too sweet or almost artificial in its aroma and flavor. Our philosophy is simply to use reduction from fresh peaches."
    I recommend ordering with higher VG content and adding the option of extra flavor if you want.

I just got some Alice in Vapeland and am still exploring them and letting them steep, but so far they are great and not artificial tasting at all.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mitey F View Post
    I really like all of these 5, except Oompa... never tried it. Legend is one of my all-time favorites, and I just received some Legend and Blueberry Muffin. $22 for 50ml is not what I'd call "cheap" though.

MBV is my go-to goo supplier, and their 555 is one of my all-time ADV's. I also like their Coumarin Pipe Tobacco and Virginia somethingorother tobacco. Not epic, but good.
    Yeah, there's that whole subjective thing. I should have clarified that I haven't found a tobacco "flavor" that I like, from anywhere. I like NET liquids, they're the only tobacco I like. The non-NET tobacco "flavors" just don't do it for me. El Kamino from Good Life Vapor is good, but to me it tastes nothing like tobacco, it's more graham cracker/dessert flavor.

Avid micro coil enthusiast. #adultslikeflavors Click to join CASAA

My suggestions honestly don't vary much I like a lot of different ones but use mostly the same vendors...YMMV...And use quite a few of the same.

Here's where I order from:

Fruit: (And fruit and cream)

Heather's Heavenly Vapes
    Nicoticket
    Ahlusion
    Alice in Vapeland (I like extra flavor with mine)

Desserts:
    Ahlsuion
    AiV
    Nicoticket (Custard's Last Stand and Creme Brle are to die for, even better mixed together!)

Tobacco:
    Nicoticket (I didn't think I would even like tobacco and I got a bottle and feel in love, I use different liquids but I vape on that one a lot!)

I did order Heavenly Army, granted I did just get it but not sure I like it. So far, no, but I will let it hang out in the vape box and revisit it later.
    SAINTS fanatic and football freak!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast