Good alternatives for Mrs T's Bakery? - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree236Likes

Thread: Good alternatives for Mrs T's Bakery?

So heres my initial impressions pre-steeped of sweet vapes: Gripper vv, set at 3.8 with a Igo-L with a 1.7 ohm micro coil, 30 gauge kanthal and peaches and cream yarn as the wick.

All of the juices are less rich than those from Mrs T's, BTW i ordered 70pg 30 vg juices, dunno if Mrs t's were different.

Bananas foster - no coffee in this juice makes it very different than the Mrs t juice. Added 3 drops of this and two drops of kona and cream, not the same still, but also tastes fairly decent, still something is missing... Does Mrs t add cinnamon to hers?

Snickerdoodle cookie - not bad! lighter in flavor (all of the flavors are less rich than Mrs T's) but has a decent flavor, cinnamon is there and the cookie flavor as well. we'll see how it is after a week of steeping. I could actually vape this right now with no steeping!

Kona cream - added to bananas foster, pretty good, see above. Not bad by itself, needs steeping though, has a sharp bite in the flavor that should mellow a bit as it steeps.

Starbucks mocha - really weak in flavor, I can taste the coffee, but not the mocha probably my least favorite out of the 5 so far. Doesnt taste bad but has a blah taste.

Monkey bread- bit of a chemical taste. Not liking it so far.

Ill update after a week of steeping.
    bully mom likes this.

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Moved to General E-Liquid Discussion

Super Member ECF Veteran DenaInWyo's Avatar

Njt~ I know it gets super pricey sorting through vendors trying to find good ones, but you really need to try nicoticket's Custard's Last Stand. I agree with the poster on the first page who said they haven't heard anyone say they didn't like it..I haven't either. Everyone I know who has tried it is either in love or at least thinks it's decent. The vast majority are in love

Another low cost way to try some good and flavorful juice is to go to goodlifevapors.com and get their 10 mL sample pack. 20 bucks gives you four ten mLs to try and Deadly Sin is for sure a richly flavored juice. Don't let it supposedly being tobacco scare you off, it's about as tobacco-ey as BB or GL, and probably even less so. It tastes like the gooey buttery brown sugar soaked bottom of a sweet roll. Rich is a word I definitely use to describe it. Use the coupon code VAPETV and get 10% off too.

Hope you find your new ADV! That must be really frustrating to lose your favorite. After the things I've read about Mrs. T's I don't think I'll be ordering from them any time soon either. Clark if you ever quit making CLS I will hunt you down!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Njt07 View Post
    I think i made a decision to try first. Gonna order a sampler pack from sweet vapes.

Bananas foster
    Snickerdoodle cookie
    Kona cream
    Starbucks mocha
    Monkey bread
    Good choice. Sweet Vapes used to be my go to vendor. Their Starbuckets Latte was my ADV for over a year or more. I got an email this morning for a Sweet Vapes sale. 15% off juice with BOO as the coupon code.
    EleanorR likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Vagabondnurse's Avatar

I don't see how Ms. T's really stays in business. I know quite a few people like her product but there comes a time when poor business practices eclipse the quality of the end product. Her website currently states "4-8 business days" for processing juice orders yet people are routinely waiting over a month to receive their notice that their product is being made or shipped.

She is known for disappearing for weeks at a time and just stopping product fulfillment without warning. Plus at $20.75 for a 30ml bottle (that you'll receive who knows when) there are a lot of other better and less expensive vendors out there. Not to mention other vendors will actually respond to your customer service questions instead of just stating "I will not be answering any emails asking where there orders are" like Ms. T's does on her website. She even went as far earlier this year as to ban people from her website who were frequenting the DIY juice forums. Poor product fulfillment, lack of response to customer service and inability to keep staff on her payroll all speak louder than then end product. Caveat emptor.

For my money I'll stick with places like Nicoticket where the juice is good at a reasonable price (I'll never be without my Custard's Last Stand) and customer service is stellar! Nicoticket is a company with the same number of employees as Ms. T's yet I know if I have a question about something I can have a reply from the owner himself in under 12 hours. Heck, he'll even chat with you sometimes while you're on the website looking at the products.

Another wonderful vendor I've found is Ahlusion. So far I've only found one flavor of theirs that I didn't like. The product is great, I can receive an order usually in under a week and have never had an issue with the customer service department. Even with Ahlusion's recent website redesign when I was having issues all I had to do was call their contact number and someone walked me through how to resolve the problem. Plus a couple weeks after you receive your order you will get an email from them regarding your product. This is not asking you to rate your product but what you liked and disliked about it. They will enter this information into their system so the next time you order your product will be customized to your flavor profile.

You may never find a juice to equal what you are used to but then again you may find something better.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This has been a very informative thread and I really appreciate your starting it Njt07!! I'm in the exact same boat as you are and I am really interested in finding a replacement for my snicker doodle cookie. I have heard some good choices to try and I'm definitely going to try some Custards last stand and I have heard some great things about Ahlusion as well.

I have been waiting for my order from Ms T's as well. When I ordered my snicker doodle, I also ordered a bottle of her bananas foster coffee to try as well. I really kind of hope I don't like it after all this trouble we have had lately.

Thanks again for the thread and the great advice!!!!

BTW.... if you do find a replacement for your snicker doodle, please PM me and let me know where you found it!!!! I will do the same.
    Njt07, pandora99 and Kent Brooks like this.

Full Member Verified Member

I'm also hoping to find a replacement for snickerdoodle (sad face). I've been vaping it almost exclusively for a couple years. I have found that I like Zombie Apocolype (a strawberry cupcake kind of flavor) and Cupcake City from Alice in Vapeland though trying to get an order in before the portal closes is difficult for me at times. I'm still searching for a really good snickerdoodle so please please please let me know if you find one.
    Last edited by pandora99; 10-31-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Grammar error that bugged me
    bully mom and Njt07 like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

there are a lot of good vendors out there for sweet stuff

try
    Ahlusion
    Nickotickit
    Copper creek

another must try Is Mom & Pop pchellas famous 5 layer after 2 week steep
    EleanorR, bully mom, Njt07 and 3 others like this.

So i tried snickerdoodle (sweetvapes) again after a couple days of cap off steeping and shaking. I gotta admit, its pretty good, its still not quite where mrs t's is, the flavor seems to be a bit less rich if that makes any sense, but its good and i can easily see myself reordering it if i need to.

The bananas foster is not bananas fosters coffee, so i still am not much of a fan, yet. I might break down and order some coffee flavoring from TPA to see if it brings it close, but it also diesnt seem to have any cinnamon in it either. Did mrs t's banans foster have cinnamon?

Will continue to update, as of right now the snickerdoodle is looking good though.
    EleanorR and bully mom like this.

Kyi
    ECF Veteran

I liked Sweet Vapes, try Altcig as well, they have some good dessert vapes and reasonable prices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    spaceballsrules likes this.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast