Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?

  1. #11
    Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    a rock in space
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoogieTony View Post
    Just a guess but, probably because with vapor your tastebuds are getting blasted with intense flavors all day and eventually your taste receptors become dulled to those types of tastes.
    With cigs you'd smoke one every hour or so, so your receptors had time to recoup in between. Plus you did have a permanent smokers tounge, it just wasn't as obvious. If you go smoke a cig now it'll taste like 5lbs of crap because you can actually taste again.
    I don't know...maybe but when i smoke i smoke more than one an hour! If i can...

  2. #12
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Chimney34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Posts
    2,504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    But like sometimes i can't taste the vapor so i want a new flavor....but with cigarettes I was satisfied with the same brand....and the last two days i have been smoking due to that, ugh
    Sorry this is happening to you. Are you drinking plenty of water? This is key! I find that switching up flavors often helps too. If I vape one thing for too long I can't taste it after a while but if I vape something else for a while (I can taste the new flavor) & come back to it I can taste it again. Also get you a good tongue scraper. Sadly, it's sometimes a phase that we go through when we're transitioning to vaping.
    firephly and partyannimal like this.

    Ok so I haven't actually saved any money yet but everything else is accurate.
    Last TC 3/18/13

  3. #13
    Super Member Verified Member flowerpots's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    my desk
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    But like sometimes i can't taste the vapor so i want a new flavor....but with cigarettes I was satisfied with the same brand....and the last two days i have been smoking due to that, ugh

    especially the mornings are bad, i need something strong that will kick me in the head!
    I don't feel like I'm getting that from vape

    plus I've been stressing hard in life in general lately...and cigs seem to give me something for that, that vaping doesn't

    even though the cigs don't taste good anymore

    gah!
    It's a habit, one we were well-accustomed to for a long time. It takes time to break. And remember there are many chemicals in cigarettes that only exacerbate the addiction process. You may be someone who actually enjoys smoking or you may just be seeking to fill that void in the same way you always have (or have for a long time - by smoking). It's not the same - vaping and smoking - at least for me it's not. And it never will be. And I will always miss smoking (most parts about it), so I understand. What mg liquid are you vaping right now?
    firephly likes this.
    I intend to live forever. So far, So good. - Steven Wright

  4. #14
    Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    a rock in space
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    I think DoggieTony has a point - most of the liquids we vape are strong(er) flavors that we bombard our tongues with all day long. If we ate the intense foods all day, I'm sure it would be the same, we would be numb to taste after a while. I can't explain it scientifically and am only guessing, but it seems the vapor's tongue phenomenon is only temporary and once you are past that, you can taste again, and with more discernment, if that makes sense. I know people have tried cucumber/mint type juices and citrus like (lemon, orange) to help with vapor's tongue - those may help.
    at first i started out with stuff from the local vape store and it was really strong flavored and chemical and sickening to me after a short time...then i discovered some online shops and some more real subtle flavors that i really liked. (I have only been vaping for about 6 weeks)
    but now it seems like i need a stronger flavor again...

    I'm using a twist with a protank. I don't know maybe it's because so many things i have ordered don't taste like much because they need to steep.....I have a bunch of stuff from high desert vapes and alice in vapeland that have to steep cuz they are so mild now or even no flavor
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 05:32 AM.

  5. #15
    Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    a rock in space
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimney34 View Post
    Sorry this is happening to you. Are you drinking plenty of water? This is key! I find that switching up flavors often helps too. If I vape one thing for too long I can't taste it after a while but if I vape something else for a while (I can taste the new flavor) & come back to it I can taste it again. Also get you a good tongue scraper. Sadly, it's sometimes a phase that we go through when we're transitioning to vaping.
    I haven't really been drinking enough water, it's true, I don't have time while i work, and then it's hard to drink tons at night...especially when it's cold out and summer is gone.

  6. #16
    Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    a rock in space
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    It's a habit, one we were well-accustomed to for a long time. It takes time to break. And remember there are many chemicals in cigarettes that only exacerbate the addiction process. You may be someone who actually enjoys smoking or you may just be seeking to fill that void in the same way you always have (or have for a long time - by smoking). It's not the same - vaping and smoking - at least for me it's not. And it never will be. And I will always miss smoking (most parts about it), so I understand. What mg liquid are you vaping right now?
    I'm using 18 mg. I was a pack a day or more smoker, right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American spirits, they aren't supposed to have chemicals..maybe I need to try WTA vapes, or just have more will power.

    It is a habit though, a comfort zone i fell back to in a way i guess...

    It's like now i've been wanting a good strong tobacco flavor vape with high nicotine, maybe that's what i need instead of fruity stuff and mild stuff, maybe up it to 24 mg, idk

    I have started taking an old bottle of zyban that i hadn't really tried before
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 05:30 AM.

  7. #17
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    But like sometimes i can't taste the vapor so i want a new flavor....but with cigarettes I was satisfied with the same brand....and the last two days i have been smoking due to that, ugh

    especially the mornings are bad, i need something strong that will kick me in the head!
    I don't feel like I'm getting that from vape

    plus I've been stressing hard in life in general lately...and cigs seem to give me something for that, that vaping doesn't

    even though the cigs don't taste good anymore

    gah!
    Just a guess. Maybe because smoking a cigarette is much more than taste. There's a whole lot of other stuff that affects you. There's a bit of a high in cigarettes that isn't in vaping. The nicotine gets to your brain much quicker and there seems to be other stuff as well. I never get the buzz from vaping that I often got from cigarettes.
    flowerpots and firephly like this.

  8. #18
    Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    a rock in space
    Posts
    2,201
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sane Asylum View Post
    Just a guess. Maybe because smoking a cigarette is much more than taste. There's a whole lot of other stuff that affects you. There's a bit of a high in cigarettes that isn't in vaping. The nicotine gets to your brain much quicker and there seems to be other stuff as well. I never get the buzz from vaping that I often got from cigarettes.
    True! I guess when you smoke normally you don't notice that buzz, but it's there, you notice it when you haven't smoked in a while and you smoke again, Isn't there a way to get that with vaping?
    I guess even with vaping, even though it seemed so easy at first, it still involves that dreaded and difficult thing...will power
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 05:38 AM.

  9. #19
    Super Member Verified Member flowerpots's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    my desk
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    at first i started out with stuff form the local vape store and it was really strong flavored and chemical and sickening to me after a short time...then i discovered some online shops and some more real subtle flavors that i really liked. (I have only been vaping for about 6 weeks)
    but now it seems like i need a stronger flavor again...

    I'm using a twist with a protank. I don't know maybe it's because so many things i have ordered don't taste like much because they need to steep.....I have a bunch of stuff from high desert vapes and alice in vapeland that have to steep cuz they are so mild now or even no flavor
    You may want to invest in some other tanks/tops/clearomizers and maybe even a dripping atomizer. I have Pro Tanks and use them daily, but they come with cons - they can mute flavor, especially if you are using the factory replacement coils in them (not building your own). I tried Alice in Vapeland within the first few weeks of vaping and could not understand why people raved about them. Months later I was able to enjoy their more subtle flavors. I would put their juice away for a few months and revisit them later. You will likely want them then.

    I did not like most flavors for a long time, then found a vendor that I really like and that is what made the difference for me. I would recommend trying some tobaccos/tobacco flavors, but I would not go over 24mg of nicotine.
    I intend to live forever. So far, So good. - Steven Wright

  10. #20
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    303

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    I'm using 18 mg. I was a pack a day or more smoker, right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American spirits, they aren't supposed to have chemicals..maybe I need to try WTA vapes, or just have more will power.

    It is a habit though, a comfort zone i fell back to in a way i guess...

    It's like now i've been wanting a good strong tobacco flavor vape with high nicotine, maybe that's what i need instead of fruity stuff and mild stuff, maybe up it to 24 mg, idk

    I have started taking an old bottle of zyban that i hadn't really tried before
    Personally, I prefer liquid with a tobacco base. The other flavors don't do it for me. Have you tried some of the Halo tobaccos? Strong flavor with a really good throat hit. It's not going to be like a cigarette but Torque56 is one of my go tos when I want something strong.
    flowerpots and firephly like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •