why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by firephly View Post
    I'm using 18 mg. I was a pack a day or more smoker, right now i'm smoking dunhill lights in the blue pack, or normally i did yellow pack American spirits, they aren't supposed to have chemicals..maybe I need to try WTA vapes, or just have more will power.

It is a habit though, a comfort zone i fell back to in a way i guess...

It's like now i've been wanting a good strong tobacco flavor vape with high nicotine, maybe that's what i need instead of fruity stuff and mild stuff, maybe up it to 24 mg, idk

I have started taking an old bottle of zyban that i hadn't really tried before
    If you continue to have a hard time, I would recommend WTA, but I would read on it in the threads here so that you are confident in using it. I use WTA and it is what made it all possible for me. Just do a WTA search and see what threads come up - there's a lot of information about it.
    firephly likes this.
    Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is - Albert Camus

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpots View Post
    If you continue to have a hard time, I would recommend WTA, but I would read on it in the threads here so that you are confident in using it. I use WTA and it is what made it all possible for me. Just do a WTA search and see what threads come up - there's a lot of information about it.
    I have been reading about WTA on the threads. I think it is worth trying. I read about the MAOI's in tobacco. That was very interesting.
    I think that stress has made it worse lately. Also I have seasonal affective disorder and i get down this time of year.

I really loved some of the tea flavors and i think I'll love the alice in vapeland flavors once they've steeped, well I hope they get more strong then, because out of the box they were pretty mild, yet really nice and different and complex more than what i've had so far.

I did have a coconut from highbrow vapes that i loved and it was 100% VG with extra flavor added so this time i got 50/50 with extra flavor cuz they say that PG adds flavor but now it doesn't taste like anything! It tasted great with all VG and I loved the mouth feel of it, so velvety or something, I don't know if i even care about throat hit as much as flavor that knocks my socks off

I also think i should try a dripping atomizer like you said. The don't seem to have them in the stores here, I'll need to order one. Also a guy at work had a more advanced system than me, he had a..i don't know what it was, an apv, and it did give a stronger more satisfying vape. But I don't know which kind to buy, I didn't like the looks of his, I want one that is smaller.
    so many choices...so much confusion
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 06:14 AM.

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sane Asylum View Post
    Personally, I prefer liquid with a tobacco base. The other flavors don't do it for me. Have you tried some of the Halo tobaccos? Strong flavor with a really good throat hit. It's not going to be like a cigarette but Torque56 is one of my go tos when I want something strong.
    Hmmm..

Torque56 E-liquid is a premium e-liquid with unfiltered tobacco flavor and serious throat hit. Torque56 E-liquid is for those that want real tobacco flavor without a lot of complex nuances to cloud the taste. Knock your socks off with Torque56 E-liquid.

I like something without any caramel taste, this might be it.

so it is like a cig then? or a strong wake you up grab your attention flavor?

I've had a fairly easy time finding relaxing stuff to vape, but what i need now is intensity
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Unregistered Supplier

how to overcome vapors tong: Go in to the bathroom, turn on the warm water, take out your tooth brush or get a new one just for your tong soft is better, put a little tooth paste on it, grab the tip of your tong with your index finger and thumb. (hold on firmly) now take your tooth brush and give your tong a good scribing go as far back as you can get all that gunk off of it dont for get the bottom and sides too, once you let go of your tong scrub the tip too, rinse well with warm water. now your all done go back to vaping.
    firephly likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

These have also help me quite a bit.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tongue-Cleaner/14255275

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo623 View Post
    how to overcome vapors tong: Go in to the bathroom, turn on the warm water, take out your tooth brush or get a new one just for your tong soft is better, put a little tooth paste on it, grab the tip of your tong with your index finger and thumb. (hold on firmly) now take your tooth brush and give your tong a good scribing go as far back as you can get all that gunk off of it dont for get the bottom and sides too, once you let go of your tong scrub the tip too, rinse well with warm water. now your all done go back to vaping.
    firephly likes this.

CASSA Member/Supporter

Super Member Verified Member BadTrainDriver's Avatar

Water, water, water, a tongue scraper(or in my case, my Sonic toothbrush and a tongue scraper), a throat lozenge to keep my mouth from getting dry, and time.
    firephly likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

Hmmm..

Torque56 E-liquid is a premium e-liquid with unfiltered tobacco flavor and serious throat hit. Torque56 E-liquid is for those that want real tobacco flavor without a lot of complex nuances to cloud the taste. Knock your socks off with Torque56 E-liquid.

I've had a fairly easy time finding relaxing stuff to vape, but what i need now is intensity

I suggest trying the tobacco flavors you are thinking about but I also recommend you get something else in a higher MG and see if either one helps you. Most people tend to believe that if you are still falling back on cigarettes then your MG is too low. 24 is on the high end so you might want to be a little cautious with it at first.
    firephly likes this.

Join The Resistance

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I had vapor Tongue like 4 times in my first 3 -4 months vaping and haven't since

Honestly I think its just something you need to accept in the beginning ( I know it sucks)

But it passes

As to the why I don't know

I don't know that I really spent any time concentrating on the flav I got from the cigg ( the occasional cigar I did)

With ecigg its all about the flav

But still there is something about it because when I had vapor tongue I could still taste food or drink fine
    firephly likes this.

I'm no stranger when it comes to a dry mouth *ahem* so having something to drink handy is familiar to me. My personal favorite is natural apple juice. No, I drink it from a glass like a big boy and not out of my sippy cup
    firephly likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Hmmm..

when I first started vaping I found halo liquids really helped with cigg urge

the Tribeca is RY4 and is caramel heavy you might try that
    firephly likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast