why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't?

why do vapers get vape tongue and smokers don't get smoke tongue?
    I wonder why?
    vjc0628 likes this.

My wife actually asked me the same thing a few months ago. I did not have an answer....
    firephly likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Great question! I think we kinda did get smokers tongue but if you we like me you didn't realize it. We burnt them up so that things didn't taste the way they would to a nonsmoker. Overtime your taste buds recover but now I hate things I thought I loved. I've only had vapers tongue I think twice. It finally made me drink more water plus I switch flavors all day so I feel like that helps too.
    hawkeye46 and firephly like this.

Ok so I haven't actually saved any money yet but everything else is accurate.
    Last TC 3/18/13

Super Member Verified Member Sucker_dad's Avatar

I'll second what Chimney said. I think they have "smokers tongue permanently so they don't notice it. Vapors Tongue comes and goes so you notice it. I mean look how the taste buds come alive after quitting.

If at any time I offend you with something I post, you better suck it up, I'm going to do it again.

Ultra Member Verified Member WillyZee's Avatar

my guess is ... one of the 4,000 chemicals in a cigarette, prevents smoke tongue.

they can't all be in there for the flavour
    Smoke Free since Sept. 22nd 2013 ... Keep Calm & Vape On

ECF Veteran

Just a guess but, probably because with vapor your tastebuds are getting blasted with intense flavors all day and eventually your taste receptors become dulled to those types of tastes.
    With cigs you'd smoke one every hour or so, so your receptors had time to recoup in between. Plus you did have a permanent smokers tounge, it just wasn't as obvious. If you go smoke a cig now it'll taste like 5lbs of crap because you can actually taste again.

We did have vapor's tongue. That's why we continued to smoke. I haven't had a cigarette in seven weeks and I'm sure if I tried one it would taste awful. It's also why cigarette smoke smells so bad to many of us now. We couldn't 'smell' it when we smoked. Smell is also a major factor of vaper's tongue.
    flowerpots and firephly like this.

ECF Veteran

I think we had smoke tongue coated in tar and dulled to the point that you could not discern much. I notice now at 7 months into vaping, the really hot spicy food I once loved is a bit too much anymore, food tastes better.
    Starlyte2 and firephly like this.
    Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is - Albert Camus

Ultra Member Verified Member firephly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But like sometimes i can't taste the vapor so i want a new flavor....but with cigarettes I was satisfied with the same brand....and the last two days i have been smoking due to that, ugh

especially the mornings are bad, i need something strong that will kick me in the head!
    I don't feel like I'm getting that from vape

plus I've been stressing hard in life in general lately...and cigs seem to give me something for that, that vaping doesn't

even though the cigs don't taste good anymore

gah!
    Last edited by firephly; 10-31-2013 at 05:10 AM.

ECF Veteran

I think DoggieTony has a point - most of the liquids we vape are strong(er) flavors that we bombard our tongues with all day long. If we ate the intense foods all day, I'm sure it would be the same, we would be numb to taste after a while. I can't explain it scientifically and am only guessing, but it seems the vapor's tongue phenomenon is only temporary and once you are past that, you can taste again, and with more discernment, if that makes sense. I know people have tried cucumber/mint type juices and citrus like (lemon, orange) to help with vapor's tongue - those may help.
    Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is - Albert Camus

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast