E-Juice pricing: Who's the cheapest, who's the priciest?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E-Juice pricing: Who's the cheapest, who's the priciest?

Full Member ECF Veteran savagemyth's Avatar

Arrow E-Juice pricing: Who's the cheapest, who's the priciest?

After starting to mix my own ejuice and comparing prices, it became readily apparent that figuring out who's got the best deals and who's making the most profit was going to be extremely confusing. The juice is being sold at strengths from 0-100mg and in quantities from 6ml all the way to 500ml or better. I set out to get to the bottom of the numbers, and made a simple calculator in excel to crunch it all down. This calculates the bottom line price per ml of 10% (100mg) strength nicotine contained in the juice. For the average home juice mixer, this is the maximum strength available for mixing, so I have stuck to that strength as the comparison strength to yardstick all others. For comparison I have selected the highest strength and the highest quantity unflavored where possible, some suppliers only sell mixed but I inserted these for comparison for .....s and giggles.

The results were quite surprising. I assumed that the full-strength (100mg) liquid in the 500ml bottle from myfreedomsmokes would be the cheapest, but the data revealed their 60mg product in the same size to be the overall cheapest per ml of all 26 of the products i've polled so far. The priciest liquid (keep in mind, this is a flavored premix) honors go to ecigaretteschoice, with their 30ml bottles of 16mg liquid selling at $29.99. Our china connection, heaven gifts, fell about in the middle with their flavored Dekang juice. Notable to mention for the small quantity buyer is Indy Vapor Stop's 60ml bottle of 100 mg juice at $54.95, which is actually a better buy than say the 500ml bottle of 24mg strength unflavored from myfreedomsmokes.com which retails for $124.95! So keep in mind that buying in quantity might not always be your best value when factoring the "money" in your mix.

I'll post a link to the calculator that i've shared on google docs if anyone wants to look at it. Email me and i'd be happy to send you a copy that you could input your own finds for comparison.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...tWjM1UFE&hl=en
    Last edited by savagemyth; 03-09-2010 at 05:36 AM.

[/url]

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Have you seen this site? USA and EU made e-liquids | e-Savuke.com I don't know how it compares to your research and I believe it's all flavored juice.
    Last edited by GoodDog; 03-09-2010 at 05:39 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    Have you seen this site? USA and EU made e-liquids | e-Savuke.com I don't know how it compares to your research and I believe it's all flavored juice.

Now, that's a great site. Will bookmark it.

Thanks

Thanks for that, GoodDog! This is the kind of info I was looking for, I see a few other suppliers I may look into. Their data is pretty similar (it's not rocket science!). Myself I was looking for something leaning toward the home user that wants to mix less than 1 kg but find a good deal. I want to know if spending $150 on supplier A is a better deal than spending $300 on supplier B with a different strength, or would supplier C with a stronger mix in a $50 quantity the best deal, and using a mix calculator, which would cut most economically. I hope this helps anyone doing their own mixing or comparing similar flavored blends. This doesn't factor shipping obviously as this varies widely depending on quantity purchased, etc.

Thanks for dropping in! There's so many threads on this site sometimes I wonder if i'm just talking to myself, lol.

[/url]

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

LOL I know what you mean. The only way I can keep track is to subscribe to the threads I'm interested in and get email notifications sent. hehe

Maybe you should post this in the DIY forum???

Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    LOL I know what you mean. The only way I can keep track is to subscribe to the threads I'm interested in and get email notifications sent. hehe

Maybe you should post this in the DIY forum???
    Good idea!

Wasn't sure which subheading to stick this under... I'm sure a few DIYers would like to see this.

[/url]

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Good job btw! At least there it will have a more captive audience and won't get as easily buried. It's eye opening to see how much some charge for their juice!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

DIY Forum...my home away from home..hehe

DIY e-liquid - E-Cigarette Forum

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ast_Isis View Post

I've been playing around with DIY but it can get to be an expensive hobby! It's so much fun when something comes out good, though. Mostly I've been adding flavors to pre-mixed juices until I get my DYI supplies stockpiled.

I believe Tasty Vapor sells 30 mls of 48mg for $15 if you don't have that one in your equations. They charge a flat shipping rate of $5 and offer 10% discount over $100 and 20% over $200.

They also sell sucralose in 5ml bottles for $2 and 4oz PG and 4oz VG for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Ast_Isis View Post

ɥʇɹoʍ sʇuǝɔ oʍʇ ʎɯ ʇsnɾ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast