Page 105 of 116 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1158
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: Official Boba's Bounty Review thread

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by misterholidayhouse View Post
    I love Boba's but 100% PG is too heavy in my chest and causes me too cough up a lot of phlegm.. Anyway, after sharing that bit of unpleasantness, I have been diluting it with Halo Fusion unflavored base. 60% Boba's/40% Fusion. At this ratio the taste still comes through at nearly full flavor and it sure is easier on coils and wicks better too. Just my $.02 for others who struggle with 100%PG.
    Bobba's is 100% VG

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by misterholidayhouse View Post
    I love Boba's but 100% PG is too heavy in my chest and causes me too cough up a lot of phlegm.. Anyway, after sharing that bit of unpleasantness, I have been diluting it with Halo Fusion unflavored base. 60% Boba's/40% Fusion. At this ratio the taste still comes through at nearly full flavor and it sure is easier on coils and wicks better too. Just my $.02 for others who struggle with 100%PG.
    Bobba's is 100% VG

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by look30 View Post
    Bobba's is 100% VG
    I know. It was late.
    Typo.. Fixed it.

i am a big fan o boba's bounty. i just love it i get some graham cracker flavor, a little cinnamon and maybe some sort of cotton candy but there is no flavor that makes me sure about it.
    Tesseract likes this.

Blog Entries

Edit: I should mention I tried my best to divorce myself from all the 'hype' and be as objective as possible.

First impressions: Hmmm. subtle but tasty. Calls for numerous vapes, in a kinda 'no-one-can-taste-just one' sorta way. Got a roommate try it, and he's not a big vape fan, still on analogs. He usu. takes one or two vapes, then passes it. This time it was: one, two.. pause.. three, four, five, six, heh heh.

What you think it tastes like... Honey & graham cracker taste. Also read somewhere that 'vinegar' is the secret ingredient.. does something to the pH, and I tend to agree. It may have a dash of vinegar to fine tune the flavor notes. One thing is for sure: it does not plateau near as quickly as any other juice I've tried. So many others (possible due to the PG?) dry me out and I lose most, if not all taste. Not so with BB. It's the vape that keeps on giving, and I can see myself vaping this all day, every day.

What it reminds you of... Damned if I know, it's not like anything I've tasted before, only certain elements of it seem familiar.

Any Boba's stories? None except that it's hard to miss its presence in the world of vaping. Having started relatively recently, it was without a doubt, the first and largest one on my radar.

Does it mix well with something else? Have not tried it yet, and honestly, may not. Seems to perfectly balanced to adulterate it with anything else, and mixing could result in flavor burn-out like I mentioned above.

What other Vapes do you like and by what vendors... Aside from BB, favorite vapes:

1. Dark Chocolate Mint by High Brow Vapor. It has such a well-rounded chocolate taste. Much more full-bodied than any others I've tried. Very tasty!

2. I have to give a 'shout-out' for a local vendor, Sand Island Tobacco by High Voltage vapor. Sand Island is a smallish island 14 miles South of Pascagoula, MS in the Gulf of Mexico. Everyone flocks there during the summer, and some year-round, to catch some rays, camp-out, socialize, fish, snorkel/scuba dive or whatever blows your hair back. Anyway, Sand Island Tobacco just seems to hit the right spot of mellow and lightly seasoned, like a balmy summer breeze. Great e-liquid and outstanding for a small, local vendor!

double edit: Just saw a youtube review by 'Kentucky Josh' - he's tries Sand Island and 3 others by High Voltage Vapor. Anyway, when he gets to the second one, Sand Island, he doesn't seem to realize it, but starts hotboxing and jonesing over the Sand Island, reloads, ends up vaping more than talking, and saying something like, "I'll have to add that one to my vapebox for sure, cause that's some pretty. good.. stuff." Too funny, when I tried it in-store, after 2 quick vapes, I was like, 'yep'. Be cool if more people tried it, esp since it's local to me!

His response to tasting it speaks volumes. He's a big fella, and his first words are a high-pitched, staccato: "woo!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...b5MRD4wU#t=248
    Last edited by Tesseract; 11-16-2013 at 05:59 AM. Reason: fixed youtube linky to direct to proper time

Default Official Boba's Bounty Review thread

Boba's + Banana = Gorilla Juice.

For me GJ > BB, although both are terrific.

Both require extensive steeping. When I first got them they tasted like vaping raisins (which I did not particularly enjoy). Now the honey and graham cracker goodness are in the forefront. Yum.
    Tesseract likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by magicman22 View Post
    Both require extensive steeping.
    Funny, I literally received my 30ml bottle this afternoon (about 11 hours ago - yaawwwnn), and it tastes fantastic right out of the bottle.

Does this mean the flavor will improve with steeping?!?

If so, what is the best method?

Simply removing the cap and plug-tip and letting it sit somewhere dark?

Any suggestions for optimal steeping methods, times and so forth are greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Tesseract; 11-16-2013 at 05:45 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by Tesseract View Post
    Funny, I literally received my 30ml bottle this afternoon (about 11 hours ago - yaawwwnn), and it tastes fantastic right out of the bottle.

Does this mean the flavor will improve with steeping?!?

If so, what is the best method?

Simply removing the cap and plug-tip and letting it sit somewhere dark?

Any suggestions for optimal steeping methods, times and so forth are greatly appreciated!

Everyone seems to have their favorite method - I remove the cap, give the bottle a few squeezes to get some air in & out, let it sit capless for 24 hours, then put the cap back on. Then just let it sit and shake a few times per day.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just got some Bobas and Gorilla Juice yesterday for the first time.

They both taste like a strong honey to me. Maybe some raison? That's all I taste. Does my stuff need to steep? Right now, I hate it. Taste is very personal and subjective. Is it possible that after after steeping that I might even like it, considering that I hate it right now? Can the steeping process really change the flavor?

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by magicman22 View Post
    Boba's + Banana = Gorilla Juice.

For me GJ > BB, although both are terrific.

Both require extensive steeping. When I first got them they tasted like vaping raisins (which I did not particularly enjoy). Now the honey and graham cracker goodness are in the forefront. Yum.

Hey how long did you steep for ? Right now, I honestly hate the taste. I was going to try to sell them. I think I will steep them, and give them another shot before I do.