Official Boba's Bounty Review thread - Page 4
Page 4 of 116 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Official Boba's Bounty Review thread

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I had heard so many people rave about this juice that I had to try it. I ordered the small of this and the 555, he sent me a bottle of havana as a gift (nice and Thanks!).

So, I dripped some into a 302 (my most go to atty at home on my Puresmoker 5V PT for flavor). I really did not taste much at all. I had also just got in a bunch of other juices from other vendors (Last - I agree, I am a BIG fan of Vaperite juices). so, often I find juices need some "steep" time (thanks for this lesson Geoff - TV) and I put the BB away along with the 555 and havana (still haven't gotten back to those two).

After stumbling onto this thread, I decided to pull the BB out and try it in a new 901 atty on unregulated 3.7 (fully charged 18650). Now, while I am primarily a tobacco/menthol vapor, I have really been getting into a bunch of tobaccos lately that I am surprised to find extremely enjoyable (was a Newport smoker for 30 years and Newport smokers are funny in that NOTHING else seems to "do it for ya").

IN the BB, I am still finding it pretty subtle. I only get a hint of tobacco and a hint of coconut. Surprisingly, I get mostly a buttery flavor. Many had raved about buttered popcorn and when I tried that, all I tasted was butter. I felt like I was vaping the equivalent of a pat of butter and could not stand it - gave it away fast to a B.P. lover. Now, this BB reminds me of that but much more subtle. It reminds me of the few Halo juices I have tried in that it seems similarly complex yet in a very subtle way. I am not sure I will get more but I do want to play with it.

Some of you have posted about mixing this with others (Tin Can Mint for example, which I have but have been wondering what to cut it with as THat is pretty intense, like the Geoff's Blend that I also want to cut.). So, those of you who are mixing this, what ratios are you mixing? Are you using the BB as an additive to other strong flavors? Using the other strong flavors as an additive to BB? Or - using more like 50/50 blends?

FWIW, Other tobacco flavors I enjoy:
    - Vaperite Organic Tobacco
    - Vaperite Burley
    - getting ready to try (just arrived an hour ago) Vaperite Honey Horn Virginia
    - Vaperite RY4 aand the new organic VR4

- VaporFlow Classic Tobacco (from American Revolution line)

- 555 (variety of vendors)

Tasty Vapor Tobacco

Most of my go-to are variations of these in their menthol versions. But I ma enjoying TV's Geoff's blend and Tin Can Mint but I suspect I will enjoy both of those a lot more when I find the "RIGHT" juice to tone down those more intense flavors. for now, I tone them down with 510 attys as those, at least to me, really cut flavor significantly.

I also grabbed a bunch of juices (mostly various menthols) from Gourmet Vapor during their 50% off sale last weekend. I am enjoying most of those as well but, like most freshly mixed juices, find they may need some "steep" time.

Great thread and thanks to all participating.
    Happy Saturday
    HoHum likes this.
    http://www.AEMSA.org
    Darwin, Darwin, Wizard-Evolved, Mamu Stealth DNA20d, Vicious Ant Valkyrie, Darwin, Darwin, VaporShark DAN30 +...

What would Freud say? Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's possible that the juice doesn't agree with you or vice versa... not everyone likes it.

I agree though, the first week or so, it was subtle. I don't know if the juice needed time to steep... or if it's just a taste bud adjustment.

If you're not getting the taste after a week or so either you got a weird batch, or more likely, it just doesn't suit you.

We have pretty similar tastes. I do love the VapeRite and other juices you listed.

If the boba's never works for you, pm me... chances are I have something you like.

Moved On ECF Veteran

ok, so where do you get this bobos bounty?

Moved On ECF Veteran

nevermind, I found it..mustve been outat stock when I last looked for it

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't given it much of a chance.. the 2 times I've tried it I don't get much on the inhale..
    On exhale I get a very strong perfumey/flowery taste.. Unfortunately the exhale taste is so unappealing to me that i've put it aside.. But I had one inhale that had a wonderful tobacco taste. Hasn't come back yet but I havent givin up. I'll give it another go today.. I'm really hoping that tobacco flavor comes back.

I think I might try mixing it with some BWB malty.. see how that goes..

What would Freud say? Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

again, someone gets floral- weirdness...
    so far we've gotten, tobacco, chocolate, chocolate cherry, custard, toasted coconut, cocoa, caramel, vanilla and european cigarette.

I get a stronger cocoa bean flavor lately...

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

LOVE Boba's Bounty. I flew through my first small bottle, and I've got 100mL that should be here tomorrow.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

BTW, I don't get much of a tobacco taste from it as others have stated they do. However, this is not a bad thing...I just love the taste regardless of the makeup.

I LOVE Boba's Bounty, I can taste the tobacco and I've been vaping it on and off for the 2 week that I've had it!

First impressions:

"Holy ...., that's a LOT of vapor!" I am using a regular 510 and usually the other liquids I vape are this kind of ... semi transparent cloud. With boba's bounty, it's thick, white clouds and a LOT of them.

There's tobacco flavor, that's for sure. But there's also something else there that I just can't put my finger on... it's definitely none of the above (chocolate / coconut etc.) but I think one user said a floral taste... I think there's a hint of that, maybe even a small bit of coffee...

My taste buds get used to it after a couple of hours of vaping, so this is the reason why I usually switch to something else, but I always come back to Boba's Bounty later.

So my opinion ... tobacco, some floral flavoring and a hint of coffee
    Last edited by ddrj; 08-23-2010 at 05:34 AM.
    My trades to date: 15ml, 30ml, 15ml, 30ml, 15ml, 15ml, 18ml, 15ml, 12ml

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Something I found when it comes to using Boba's Bounty, might be of help to some... if you get a peppery, harsh taste, often times you need to try using Boba's on a really clean atomizer. Boba's is very subtle, but it's dark in color so it's got stuff that probably lingers on the atty, so it'll mix up with whatever juice you were previously using. I'm babbling but basically, if you don't like Boba's, try a clean atty with it.

I often smell lemon grass when I open the bottle

Since I have the 100ml bottle I pretty much shower, shampoo, brush and gargle with Boba's! Here are some of the tastes I'm experiencing (haha!)

Graham cracker, peanut, green or roasted tea, light perfume/floral thing, and absolutely no tobacco taste at all. I've never even found a hint of tobacco flavor in there!

Boba's is one of my 3 'safety blanket' juices and I cannot live without it! Well, I can but it would suck
    AlteredReality likes this.