The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 139
Page 139 of 553 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 5529
Like Tree5572Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

  1. #1381
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    21

    Default Awesome RY4

    Adding another RY4 review to the already very long list. I was given a 10ml sample of Black Label RY4 (70VG/30PG 18mg) from SpringVapor when I purchased my Boge Lea. After trying a couple of different tobacco flavored refills and disposables that were horrible, I wasn't even going to give another "tobacco" flavor a try. But after sitting down and talking to Nik for a while about his juices, I decided to give it a shot...it didn't help that he was vaping it the whole time and smelled great. I am SO glad that I decided to try it!! It is a very smooth blend with great caramel and vanilla flavors. The tobacco flavor is not very strong, but it is strong enough that you can taste it. After going through the sample bottle fairly quickly, I picked up a bigger bottle of 50/50 36mg. I have to say that I like the higher VG blend better...it is a little sweeter and the flavors are more pronounced, but the 50/50 is great also. This has become my daily vape, and I highly recommend it!!

  2. #1382
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    passerbyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    sandy,

    Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Boodle is an extremely talented and highly skilled juicemistress. I own and vape lots of AltCig juices.

    Speaking of juicemistresses, Heather's Heavenly Vapes is having a today-only 25% off sale on Heather's custom-made juices. If anyone wants to see if passerbyeus is savvy or not in dismissing Heavenly Tobacco (RY4) as sub-par, today is the day to order some and save 25%. I tried to bust out of my no-juice-buying prison to buy a bottle, but my "accountant" self caught me in the act and emptied my cart before I could check out. LOL. Anyway, use the coupon code 25OFFJUICE at checkout to save some coin.

    Heavenly Tobacco
    Well you know I had high hopes, I really just dont know what it is with some of the RY4s that turn me away, If its not the strong sour which are just in a few to me, I really think its the tobacco they use there must be a certain kind I just do not like. I think thats why I really like stuff like KBV RY4, LX Taboo and more than likely Vermillion Rivers new RY4, it just does not have that funny taste to me others have. Bill if if you can chime in on this maybe you know what I am talking about. The tobacco plays a important roll in all RY4s which doesnt seemed to be touched on... Anyways I finely got some Taboo from Liquidxpress..very happy with it someone stated it taste like RAF ..I did taste some of the same but RAF (had) sorry to say, that Alien signature taste to it that sets it apart, plus Liquidexpress only carries 9mg in the PG and it made me cough my head off which stinks for me there is no 9mg VG Taboo or where there be at the moment.

    Ok looks like I just found out there is a Taboo Flavoring...
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 04-06-2012 at 03:33 PM.


  3. #1383
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    CthulhuSaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    275
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passerbyeus View Post
    The tobacco plays a important roll in all RY4s which doesnt seemed to be touched on...
    Couldn't agree more. This is very often ignored by us, the buyers, and I've no idea why. We seem to be so focused on the ratios and occasional extras that the nature of the familiar stuff gets forgotten, perhaps because it's usually something that's out of our control. Now wouldn't it be awesome if a vendor had RY4 listed, and instead of just things like "extra shot of flavor" there were also drop-down menus allowing us to choose which tobacco was used, and which caramel & vanilla? Personally, I think I'd lean towards a natural tobacco extract instead of the usual chemical flavoring, and one derived from something along the lines of a stronger, cleaner flavor (Winston Select, not Pall Mall, for example). Maybe a finely-ground vanilla bean powder would work better than simple over-the-counter extract? I dunno, but I like the idea of being able to try, anyway.

  4. #1384
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    billherbst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florence, Oregon
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passerbyeus View Post
    Ok looks like I just found out there is a Taboo Flavoring...
    Ah yes, Taboo flavoring from LiquidXpress. This brings up an old cautionary aha! for me, which may be worth sharing, if only for passerbyeus. Here's the information from the top of the Eliquid Flavorings page on the LXP web site:

    Please note, there is a difference in these flavors and in Lorann type oil concentrates. This IS NOT as powerful as the oils. The reason for this is they are not a thick lorann's oil based. They are the waterish based flavor concentrates that our factories use to produce the flavors we normally get in our eliquids. These are really for bringing down a nic strength without losing the flavor that is normal from cutting with just straight PG or VG. This means that unlike lorann's you'll need more than a drop or two for your flavoring when mixing it down yourself. All flavorings are made without Nicotine. These are mainly to be used to cut down the nic content in premixed bottles without losing taste. Warning: these will not recreate the flavor of a premixed for DIY purposes.

    OK, so LiquidXpress is graciously informing potential buyers that these flavorings are not concentrates, and that their intended use is to reduce the nic content of existing liquids (presumably their namesakes) without losing flavor. Then at the end is a warning that these will not recreate the flavor of the premixed version if DIY'd.

    In terms of flavor intensity, these "flavor liquids" are essentially "doublers" (like Tasty Vapor sells), meaning that they have a 1:1 correspondence in flavor intensity with their namesake premixed nicquid. If you try to DIY a bottle of Taboo "facsimile" by adding liquid nic to the flavoring, you'll be disappointed. Why? Loss of flavor through Dilution.

    To make a 30ml bottle of DIY Taboo at 18mg nic strength using 36mg/ml nic liquid, you'll need 15mls of nic liquid to achieve that strength. That's diluting the flavor by half. HALF!. Yuk. That's like kissing your sister, to use the old phrase. Even if you use the highest available concentration of nic liquid---100mg/ml (which most DIY-at-home folks don't use because it's so expensive and dangerous if spilled on skin)---you'd still need 5.4mls of nic liquid combined with 24.6mls, which is 20% dilution (not good), on top of which you didn't save any money, because the "flavoring" is the same cost per ml as the premix version.

    Passerbyeus: This is not DIY flavoring, which is exactly what LiquidXpress is telling us in their disclaimer.

  5. #1385
    ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    11,087

    Default

    WARNING: 5.4mls of 100% nicotine in a 30ml will NOT give you 18mg. 18mg is 1.8% nicotine.

    bill was doing 100mg (10%) nic, not 100% nic. Be careful when you mix.
    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad I take something for it.

  6. #1386
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    passerbyeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Bill after many pms to the vendor and undertsanding I figured that out after I already made the order, I did not read the fine print because I was just plain happy lol....anyways they do not offer low nic that I use so to get what I want i have to spend more money and time so is it worth it Taboo is good but really not worth the trouble, so I will be up a, not really, but kinda of ,please read the fine print, bottle of Taboo flavoring.


    Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    Ah yes, Taboo flavoring from LiquidXpress. This brings up an old cautionary aha! for me, which may be worth sharing, if only for passerbyeus. Here's the information from the top of the Eliquid Flavorings page on the LXP web site:

    Please note, there is a difference in these flavors and in Lorann type oil concentrates. This IS NOT as powerful as the oils. The reason for this is they are not a thick lorann's oil based. They are the waterish based flavor concentrates that our factories use to produce the flavors we normally get in our eliquids. These are really for bringing down a nic strength without losing the flavor that is normal from cutting with just straight PG or VG. This means that unlike lorann's you'll need more than a drop or two for your flavoring when mixing it down yourself. All flavorings are made without Nicotine. These are mainly to be used to cut down the nic content in premixed bottles without losing taste. Warning: these will not recreate the flavor of a premixed for DIY purposes.

    OK, so LiquidXpress is graciously informing potential buyers that these flavorings are not concentrates, and that their intended use is to reduce the nic content of existing liquids (presumably their namesakes) without losing flavor. Then at the end is a warning that these will not recreate the flavor of the premixed version if DIY'd.

    In terms of flavor intensity, these "flavor liquids" are essentially "doublers" (like Tasty Vapor sells), meaning that they have a 1:1 correspondence in flavor intensity with their namesake premixed nicquid. If you try to DIY a bottle of Taboo "facsimile" by adding liquid nic to the flavoring, you'll be disappointed. Why? Loss of flavor through Dilution.

    To make a 30ml bottle of DIY Taboo at 18mg nic strength using 36mg/ml nic liquid, you'll need 15mls of nic liquid to achieve that strength. That's diluting the flavor by half. HALF!. Yuk. That's like kissing your sister, to use the old phrase. Even if you use the highest available concentration of nic liquid---100mg/ml (which most DIY-at-home folks don't use because it's so expensive and dangerous if spilled on skin)---you'd still need 5.4mls of nic liquid combined with 24.6mls, which is 20% dilution (not good), on top of which you didn't save any money, because the "flavoring" is the same cost per ml as the premix version.

    Passerbyeus: This is not DIY flavoring, which is exactly what LiquidXpress is telling us in their disclaimer.


  7. #1387
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    billherbst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florence, Oregon
    Posts
    3,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by passerbyeus View Post
    Bill after many pms to the vendor and undertsanding I figured that out after I already made the order, I did not read the fine print because I was just plain happy lol....anyways they do not offer low nic that I use so to get what I want i have to spend more money and time so is it worth it Taboo is good but really not worth the trouble, so I will be up a, not really, but kinda of ,please read the fine print, bottle of Taboo flavoring.
    passerbyeus,

    I understand. I noticed that LiquidXpress offered only 18mg and 24mg in their PG version of Taboo, although the VG version also had 9mg. If you're vaping, say, 12mg, the Taboo flavoring may work OK. Only minor dilution at that level, if you're adding 60mg/ml liquid nic. Lower concentrations of liquid nic increase the dilution factor substantially, however. Even 36mg/ml nic to make a 12mg mix dilutes the flavor by 33%. If you're vaping only 6mg, though, you might not even notice the 16% dilution.

    As to whether Taboo is worth the trouble---maybe, maybe not. I just grabbed the Taboo carto from my RY4 ammo box and took a couple hits to remind myself. In the older "club" of classic RY4s from American vendors (including Taboo, VaporTalk Dulcis, Bloog/Volt RY4, ElixirLiquid RY4, and Esmoke4Life Riskee Yuice), all of which are very similar, my favorite has always been Dulcis---which is manufactured in China, or so I am told. Taboo is an OK acquaintance, but we're not really close friends.

  8. #1388
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    billherbst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florence, Oregon
    Posts
    3,722

    Default revisiting 20 RY4s previously reviewed

    I spent some time this morning revisiting a bunch of the 50 RY4s that sit on my desk loaded into cartos, all of which have been reviewed on this thread. The comments below aren’t really “follow-up reviews,” per se, but just short blurbs of my personal reactions, contrasting how I felt about each RY4 at the time of my initial review versus how I feel about it now. I’m “grading” these (A to F like we’re in elementary school, because that’s quick ‘n easy, and everybody gets it. As always, these are just my personal opinions, and the law of subjectivity applies. YMMV.


    AlienVisions Raf-a-licious---liked it a lot then, like it a lot now. A-.

    AltCig RY4---good then, pretty good now; something about the nuttiness is slightly off for me. Maybe it’s hazelnut, which is a nut flavor I’m not hugely fond of. B.

    BackwoodsBrew RY4---way back when (15 months ago, early in my vaping journey), BWB was my favorite RY4, but I gradually fell out of love with it. Now it seems merely above average, but slightly odd. B-.

    Bloog/SmokelessImageVolt RY4
    ---classic Chinese. Bright and punchy. Great then, still great now. A.

    CopperCreek Twisted Tobacco---didn’t think much of it at first, still don’t. D.

    CrystalELiquid RY4---liked it a whole lot then, love it now. My current favorite American-made classic RY4. A+

    ECBlend RY4---good then, good now. B. (I don’t like the ECBlend RY4 versions with double extra flavor caramel or vanilla. Extra flavor is OK, but 2X is too much. D+.)

    EliteVaporworks RY4---didn’t like it much then, don’t like it much now. Not my cup of tea. C-.

    ElixirLiquid RY4---good then, good now. Another in the small club of American-made classic RY4s. B+.

    Esmoke4Life Riskee Yuice---good then, good now. Another in the small club of American-made classic RY4s. B+. (Didn’t I write that a just moment ago?)

    GoodEJuice RY4---pretty good then, a little bit better now, from a B- to a B.

    GoodEJuice GJ4---loved it then, love it now. Fantastic natural tobacco extract custom RY4. Yum! A++.

    GoodProphets GP4---good then, good now. Strong tobacco, but very smooth. B+.

    Keemer RY3 from GoodProphets--- good then, pretty good now, from a B to a B-.

    Keemer RY4 from GoodProphets---pretty good then, good now, from a B- to a B.

    GourmetVapor RY4---average then, average now. Straight C all the way.

    Greenhouse One RY4---disappointing then, meh now. C-.

    Dekang RY4 from HealthCabin---Fantastic then, very good now. From A to B+.

    HighbrowVapor Highbrowbacco RY4---amazing at first, but headed downhill for me ever since. From A to B-. (In my opinion, chocolate/cocoa doesn’t belong in RY4. Classy vendor, though.)


    Enough for now. I’ll do another 20 later.

  9. #1389
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Boognish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chocolate Town
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Seems like most of the ry4's I've tried are a bit too sweet sometimes. Then again, most juices in general taste sweet to me after a while. I'm really looking for an ry4 with a smokey tobacco up front that finishes more creamy/smooth rather than sweet. Any suggestions? I've only tried Ecblend, BWB, Volt, and I have IKV pg and vg on the way. I know these 3 aren't ry4 but I also have The Vapor Station's Phoenix, Tennessee, and Tampa arriving soon. I've read that people really like TVS tobacco bases.

  10. #1390
    PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Mr.Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Mi
    Posts
    14,042
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Hey, I love the grading system! I noticed that you stated the RY4s were in cartos and I had a question about GJ4. I have read some rumblings that the natural extract liquids are problematic to cartos because of the sediment. I have no idea as to whether any of this is true or false. I am not an atty person (as of now) so if in fact natural extract reeks havoc on cartos then I will pause. However, I am interested in your experiences with these and if you have not had problems. Also, how long of a life span do you get with your cartos with natural extracts and/or what do you do to get a quality vape?
    Last edited by Mr.Mann; 04-08-2012 at 04:09 AM.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks