The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 225
Page 225 of 555 FirstFirst ... 125175215221222223224225226227228229235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5542
Like Tree5583Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMalarkey View Post
    Would you say that the Alt-Cig ones are similar to Bounty Hunter?
    GM,

No, not even close. Different flavor profiles, and different overall tastes. AltCig GBC and GCC are tasty, but a bit too sweet for me. Good for short bursts of vaping (about ten minutes) when my sweet tooth is craving something dessert-like. And no tobacco in either of those. Admittedly, the tobacco element in Bounty Hunter is restrained, but it's definitely present. In the AltCig line-up, Tobacco Love---which is their Krave Kutter tobacco combined with the richness of AC's Vanilla Love---is closer to BH, but you'd never mistake one for the other. Again, different flavor profiles due to different source ingredients.

It's funny. You'd think that numerous juice vendors would take aim at Bounty Hunter's huge success and try to emulate it, especially since it seems so simple and straightforward (almost generic), but in reality BH is unique and quite difficult to replicate, in much the same way that Boba's Bounty is unique. Go figure.
    EleanorR, Jim Bob and Snus like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    GM,

No, not even close. Different flavor profiles, and different overall tastes. AltCig GBC and GCC are tasty, but a bit too sweet for me. Good for short bursts of vaping (about ten minutes) when my sweet tooth is craving something dessert-like. And no tobacco in either of those. Admittedly, the tobacco element in Bounty Hunter is restrained, but it's definitely present. In the AltCig line-up, Tobacco Love---which is their Krave Kutter tobacco combined with the richness of AC's Vanilla Love---is closer to BH, but you'd never mistake one for the other. Again, different flavor profiles due to different source ingredients.

It's funny. You'd think that numerous juice vendors would take aim at Bounty Hunter's huge success and try to emulate it, especially since it seems so simple and straightforward (almost generic), but in reality BH is unique and quite difficult to replicate, in much the same way that Boba's Bounty is unique. Go figure.
    Mr. Bill,

I have wonder why there are no BH clones as well when you look at the rabid success of that juice. I guess I am just gonna have to keep a close check on it and stock up when it goes on order again. For the life of me I still haven't placed the taste of Boba's Bounty either. It and BH are two of my regular vapes along with NLV Renegade. I am a big fan of all NLV juices, just wish there weren't so difficult to get.
    EleanorR and Jim Bob like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So I got a new one in The Vapor Girl RY4 W.....not sure what the W is.. I have not being ordering much lately but I am a sucker for a pretty face ..anyways there is no description I could find about this juice...to me this juice tasted like the other 75 I have tried so I am sending this to ogredog maybe he can make something out of it...I just want to know what the W is I am going to email them and ask them and see whats up....
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 07-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by passerbyeus View Post
    this juice tasted like the other 75 I have tried
    And there you have it.

What is RY4? It's an eliquid with three flavoring ingredients (and sometimes more) that taste good together. Depending on the source ingredients, the variations are infinite. But are those variations black-and-white or endless shades of gray? In other words, how wide is the RY4 bell curve? How much real-world difference is there between the most delicious, yummy RY4 and the most awful RY4 swill?

passerbyeus is saying, "not much." I have days where I agree with that and days where I don't. At times, I think, "RY4s are like snowflakes, every one is unique." Other times, I think, "Yeah, same old, same old, been there, done that." Depends on my mood, my palate, what RY4s I've had recently, and a host of other less obvious factors.

This thread---with its 2200+ posts---is testimony to the fact (idea?) that people want a difference to exist. We want the bell curve to be wide, with distinct differences between the great and not-so-great RY4s. That way, people on a crusade for the Holy Grail of RY4s (whether past, present, or future) can stave off disappointment and disillusionment. LOL. For the rest of us, exploring the differences is fun, and writing/reading about those differences is entertaining, and---on rare occasions---revealing of some Ah-Ha! that are worth knowing.

And so it goes. Another day, another RY4.
    Last edited by billherbst; 07-29-2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: ack! bad grammar
    Jim Bob likes this.

ECF Veteran

lol I should have been more specific in saying that is taste like the other 75 lol. I always blame the tobacco , there is no doubt if a vendor trick me and just sent vanilla and caramel I would think its the best RY4 in the world
    EleanorR likes this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

Default Apollo RY4

Apollo ejuices are $19/30ml, but if you use 'sun' you get 20% off this summer. That brings it down to a respectable 50 per ml. They only have 19 flavors, and they only do 60/40 PG/VG.

Many of the RY4s I have tried have three (or more) distinct flavors. You are able to tell the caramel from the vanilla from the tobacco. This is sometimes a good thing. I like a rich, creamy caramel in my RY4. The vanilla might be like icing, or it may be more like extract. The tobacco could be bold or thin. But usually you can pick out all three flavors, even when they blend nicely.

I have trouble distinguishing Apollo's RY4 flavors from each other. They blend almost completely into one RY4 flavor. The tobacco is neither smokey nor tin-like. It is bold yet smooth, not bland at all. But where the tobacco ends and the vanilla/caramel begin is hard to place.

There is a sweetener added, but it is not as malty or as artificial as some. It does give the flavor a Chinese feel. More like a drink than a dessert. This juice lacks the aftertaste I get from most Chinese-type ejuices. Apollo does make all its ejuices in the USA.

The vanilla and caramel are there, but they are neither rich nor creamy. They are bright and give the juice its high notes. Despite the blending of the flavors, this is a nice strong juice. It has plenty of everything I look for in an RY4.

I don't know if I am starting to like the Chinese RY4s, or if this is just a great ejuice. It tastes like how I have imagined the original did. The perfect blending of sweetness into tobacco. Perhaps Bill will have a totally different take on this. He should have his Monday or Tuesday. But if you like RY4s that lean to the oriental side of the spectrum yet have a strong tobacco, you may want to try Apollo's version.

Will I buy it? I saved myself 15ml of the 30ml bottle. If it is still this good after the bottle is gone, I will buy more.
    passerbyeus likes this.
    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad I take something for it.

Bill glad to see the list again! I thought sure you told me b4 u had vapor renu ry4?!

Well I don't have it but i have the re(4)nu special if u want that. Its about 4mos. old. I bought it for nostalgic reasons, but it wasn't how I remembered .....weird how tastes change....be glad to send it.
    OGREDOG WAS HERE

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by ogredog View Post
    Bill glad to see the list again! I thought sure you told me b4 u had vapor renu ry4?!

Well I don't have it but i have the re(4)nu special if u want that. Its about 4mos. old. I bought it for nostalgic reasons, but it wasn't how I remembered .....weird how tastes change....be glad to send it.
    dog,

What I have is VaporRenu's Re(4)Nu flavoring concentrate. Bought in January, 2011. Dreadful stuff.

If you feel that the re(4)nu special juice is worth tasting, I'm game to give it a try. If not, however, don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    dog,

What I have is VaporRenu's Re(4)Nu flavoring concentrate. Bought in January, 2011. Dreadful stuff.

If you feel that the re(4)nu special juice is worth tasting, I'm game to give it a try. If not, however, don't waste your time.
    No I don't really but I saw it on your not yet acquired list. Up to you if you want another notch in your belt or not lol
    OGREDOG WAS HERE

ECF Veteran

Sounds like Apollo RY4 may be a keeper have to see the other thoughts

lol being I am a single lad I do like to flirt with the ladies my new pick up line........Kiss me, I taste like RY4 hahaha what you think Bill that should pull them in....

So I got a email from Vapor Girl about the W in the RY4 and here is the reply....."The W is for my forum buddy named Wallace. Wallace encouraged me to work on creating an RY4 formula. Before that, I wouldn't even consider trying to make a tobacco flavor. So I worked with him sending him little samples to try until he thought I had made it perfect. Now he is in the hospital I think and I feel very sad when I print out those labels, but I love him dearly for giving me the boost I needed to begin my tobacco flavor collection.
    Thanks for asking!!!!!"

SO since we are a caring bunch of misfits, go try this RY4 lets give Mr. Wallace some support.http://www.thevaporgirl.com/NC_E_Juice_p/ncejuice.htm
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 07-30-2012 at 01:23 PM.
    EleanorR and thehangdude like this.