The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 230
Page 230 of 560 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240280330 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 5598
Like Tree5651Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    passer,

Polygamy is permitted in RY4 Land. Heck, for that matter, fidelity or exclusivity of any kind is not required in Juice World. It's Free Love, Baby! Well, maybe not quite "free," but you know what I mean.
    FREEDOM ISN'T FREE! lol sorry had to......
    EleanorR likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Review: Double Happy RY4 from MtOlympusVapors

specs: thehangdude sent me a 5ml bottle containing about 3mls of Double Happy RY4 (thanks, Dude!) from MountOlympusVapors. In contrast to MtOlyís standard RY4, which is just a shade darker than rosť table wine (but not burgundy opaque), this liquid is a light golden color. Nic strength as received was 18mg, but I added six drops of 100mg nic to kick it up 24mg, where I like it. Base blend is 70/30 PG/VG. Testing was done using a Boge LR2.3 ohm carto powered by a Vector VV set to 4.5 volts, providing 8.8 watts.

Erin, the owner and juice-mistress of MtOlympusVapors, began by making juices for herself and friends, then opened her retail web store earlier in 2012, with a substantial line of juices that is expanding rapidly. Double Happy is MtOly's second and newer RY4. I reviewed the other one---called just ďRY4Ē---back on June 27th in post #1992. (I liked it and gave it a grade of B+.)

Here is Erinís blurb for Double Happy RY4 on the Mt.Oly site: ďWe had a lot of requests for a more traditional, Chinese-style RY4, so this is what we came up with - Double Happy RY4 - caramel, vanilla and double tobacco flavoring.Ē

OK, so right off the bat we know that this is intended to be a classic rather than custom RY4, with a brighter profile of balanced, blended flavors, using only the three basic ingredients---tobacco, caramel, and vanilla---no nuts, cotton candy, what have you.

How is it? Exactly as described. Classic Chinese sparkling profile, but with a stronger kick, with the well-blended caramel and vanilla supporting the doubled tobacco, which is middle-of-the-road (as it should be in a classic RY4), but punchier. The double tobacco keeps the effervescent brightness in check. After all, this isn't Giggly RY4, just Double Happy. Fans of classic RY4s are likely to be pleased, especially tobacco lovers.

Personally, Iíd give a slight edge to MtOlyís other RY4, which is distinctly custom and has a richer caramel, but thatís why MtOly offers two different versions---to please a wider range of palates. What I most like about Double Happy RY4 is the absence of anything I donít like about it. That may seem like I'm "damning with faint praise," but I'm not. What ruins juices for me is usually not a lack of pleasing flavors, but rather the presence of flavors I donít like, weird overtones, etc. Ainít no weirdness with Double Happy, just the good flavor we hope for in a classic RY4.

MtOlympus Double Happy RY4 grade: a nice, solid B

link to purchase: MtOlympus Double Happy RY4

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Review: RY4 from ApolloEcigs

specs: thehangdude sent me a 30ml bottle containing about 12mls of RY4 (thanks, Dude!) from ApolloEcigs. The liquid is a light yellow color, 18mg nic, but I added twelve drops of 100mg nic to kick it up 24mg. Base blend is 60/40 PG/VG. Testing was done using a Boge LR2.3 ohm carto powered by a Vector VV set to 4.3 volts, providing 8.0 watts.

(the hangdude reviewed Apollo RY4 on July 29th in post #2246.)

Apollo has reduced their line-up of eliquids from more than 100 previously to now offer only 19, or, as they state, ďthe best of the best.Ē The all-new liquids are 100% made in USA---developed/tested in the U.S., and mixed/packaged/warehoused here as well. Apollo didnít state the source origins of their flavorings or nic, however. Perhaps those are all-USA also, since USA-made juice seems to be such an important criteria to Apollo.

Every Thursday I spend 90 minutes on the phone talking to one of my most longstanding friends who happens to be suffering from a serious and painful chronic illness. We talk about life, getting old, being damaged, etc. Today I vaped Apollo RY4 during the entire conversation. And I donít do that unless a juice really pleases me, which Apollo RY4 does.

This is a juice that lives in the gray zone between classic and custom. The flavor profile is classic, but the impact is custom. Unlike very bright classic Chinese RY4s, Apollo RY4 is calm and matter-of-fact, but, unlike custom RY4s that push the flavor envelope, Apollo RY4 stays with the classic mix of flavors.

The word that comes to mind most for me with this juice is restrained. Not subtle, since the flavors are definite, but restrained---held back considerably from maximum richness. It speaks softly rather than shouting, but in a clear and pleasing voice. People who love in-your-face, over-the-top flavors wonít like this RY4. On the other hand, people who appreciate RY4s that are carefully crafted and ďadultĒ should enjoy it, and those looking for a juice they can vape a lot of without its becoming tiresome---the proverbial all-day vape---should love Apollo RY4.

Does Apollo RY4 have enough flavor? Oh yes, easily. Is this particular combination of tobacco, caramel, and vanilla flavorings tasty together? You bet. In fact, itís delicious. Flavorings here are well-blended rather than distinctive, but the overall effect is wonderful. Almost soothing. I am definitely not an all-day-vape kind of guy, but I could vape Apollo RY4 for hours without even thinking about picking up another juice.

Apollo RY4 is not identical to the RWVapors RY4 I reviewed a couple days ago (Apollo has a brighter caramel and slightly more vanilla), but both are superlative RY4s, among the most satisfying Iíve ever had. I canít guarantee that any particular vaper will like it, but Apollo RY4 will definitely get a high spot on my personal Top 10 RY4 list.

Apollo RY4 grade: A

link to purchase: Apollo E-Liquids/RY4

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Dang you Bill (and Hangdude), now I have to open up my wallet again.
    Last edited by On Target; 08-02-2012 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added parentheses

Am I the last to know about this? When I got my order from hellavapor this wasn't available.

HellaVapor — Cherry Cherry Bang Bang
    I wanna try that. That's just weird
    passerbyeus likes this.
    OGREDOG WAS HERE

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Not sure what is up with all the new RY4s being really good..I have never seen so many A's going around, even I have to say its such a proud moment for the US hahaha we accept this gold medal for all the vendors out there

Thats kinda of like the Zombie RY4 I tried with berry which was not bad but yes it was weird....

Quote Originally Posted by ogredog View Post
    Am I the last to know about this? When I got my order from hellavapor this wasn't available.

HellaVapor — Cherry Cherry Bang Bang
    I wanna try that. That's just weird
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 08-03-2012 at 01:20 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by passerbyeus View Post
    Not sure what is up with all the new RY4s being really good..I have never seen so many A's going around
    I know, it's shocking. All I can say is try 'em and see what you think. Dr. Vapenstein felt that RWVapors RY4 was pedestrian at best, but that was almost two years ago, when RWVapors was still VaporsEtc.. If it turns out that I've lost my mind, you can send the boys with the white coats to lock me up in the padded cell. LOL. They'll have to pick up thehangdude too while they're at it, because he and I are agreeing about an awful lot these days...

The other consideration is that I'm not buying RY4s at random anymore like there's no tomorrow. These days the only new (to me) RY4s I review have been mailed to me by other thread folks, so perhaps I'm getting the pick of the litter, so to speak.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Bill have you had time to experiment with Red Pirate? I ask because I am enjoying it more and more and have demolished half of my 12ml bottle. That toasty, cereal-ish flavour is just marvelous. I think it would make an excellent base for an RY4.
    Provari Mini, Vmod, REO Mini, Viggo mech clone, IStick, Spinner, Kayfun Lite clone, AGA T5, Magma clone, Mini A7, Mini Protank III, Aspire BDC

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by scarf-ace View Post
    Bill have you had time to experiment with Red Pirate? I ask because I am enjoying it more and more and have demolished half of my 12ml bottle. That toasty, cereal-ish flavour is just marvelous. I think it would make an excellent base for an RY4.
    I haven't yet, but I intend to. What I did do is spend some time going through my juice dungeon and re-trying stuff that had been condemned to purgatory. I found a full 30ml bottle I made way back at the beginning of my vaping days in late 2010, when I still liked FSUSA juices (LOL). The bottle is a concoction of three juices I assumed had long passed into oblivion for me: WyattEarp, RY4, and RY5 (mixed 2:1:1). Heck, I hadn't vaped that mix in at least 18 months. Anyway, I gave it a quick atty-drip, and darned if it wasn't interesting---the spiciness of WyattEarp, dark caramel of RY4, and chocolate of RY5 actually worked quite well together. So, I loaded up an Ultimate CE2 clearo and have been vaping it for much of the afternoon, along with some diy-modified House Blend from CopperCreek and some straight Organic Cake Batter from Vaperite.

Yesterday I was checking out the goodies on Ahlusion and Alice in Vapeland and was sorely tempted to order some highly-recommended juices or maybe a sampler pack, but--once again---I didn't. That's how it goes these days. I shop but don't buy. Now I'm happy that I passed. The tenor of the times seems to be to dig up some relics from my past and see what magic a little diy creativity might do to rejuvenate them.

I'll make some Red Pirate stew real soon. If my RYO4 is good, RP4 might be interesting too. Or it might be complete swill, since I never know in advance. But then, rolling the dice is part of the fun.
    Jim Bob likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Due to the recent Bill's reviews I decided to go with Crystaleliquid and RWvapors and I'm so glad I did it. Both juices are so good.
    I ordered Crystal RY4 and RY4 Double Tobacco and from RWvapors, RY4 and RY4 Boosted and Sweetened. All 50/50 PG/VG. I think that the Crystal is more classic than the RW just for the well blended and that I can't distinguish each flavor. Love the tobacco used in the Crystal juice obviously more noticeable on the Double Tobacco one, very similar to the used with Halo Tribeca and TPA RY4 Double while the tobacco used with the RW is on the side of Halo Freedom Juice and TW Tobacco Americano, maybe Tobacco Absolute base. I see me buying more Crystal RY4 Double Tobacco and RW RY4.

The funny thing is that I ordered all in 30ml size except for the Crystal Double Tobacco that I ordered in 10 ml size and it is the one I like more. I was afraid of the extra tobacco but I was wrong so a new order is imperative .
    thehangdude and Jim Bob like this.