The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 437
Page 437 of 558 FirstFirst ... 337387427433434435436437438439440441447487537 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,370 of 5571
Like Tree5633Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by On Target View Post
    Has anyone heard of or tried "RY4 SmokEjuice - Premium Organic E-Liquid" from SmokTek.com? It is a USA made e-liquid and here is the vendor's description from their web site along with a link to purchase: RY4 SmokEjuice - Premium Organic E-Liquid, Made in the U.S.A.

Our take on the ever popular Ruyan tobacco, not to sweet, full of flavor.SmokEjuice is proudly made in the U.S.A. for SmokTek.com
    Premium Organic E-Liquid made with the highest quality, USP food grade PG/VG (70/30%) and alcohol based organic flavorings. Taste the difference!

RY4 SmokEjuice - Premium Organic E-Liquid, Made in the U.S.A. .
    On Target,

I've seen that one on the SmokTek site, but not before my days of buying RY4s like a drunken sailor had already ended. Never tried it.

Not that vendors owe us the information, but when they don't make their own juices, I sure would like to know the source and whether or not it's a custom formulation for that specific vendor. Sure, SmokTek can say they're proud to provide made-in-USA juices, but that doesn't tell me what I'd like to know, which is whether or not the same juice is or might be sold by another vendor.
    Randy C and RPadTV like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Bill, I am wondering the same thing in regards to who makes their juice for them. Makes me a little curious and wanting to try some, maybe as an addition to my next order from them. I just purchased a ZMAX Mini from them and had already placed my order before I noticed this juice line on their web site. By the way, I am impressed with the ZMAX - it appears to be a Provari copy only smaller, cheaper and the option of variable power (wattage) in addition to variable voltage.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

I also like the ZMAX, but I like the VAMO just as much. The VAMO can use 18350, 18650, or two 18350s (I use one 18350 so it is shorter).
    The VAMO is much cheaper and just as nice.

$50.00 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You can order some hangsen ry4 while you're there.

Has anyone tried Hangsen Crentia RY4? It is about twice the price ($4/10ml).
    Found 10 ruyan at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You are more likely to be killed by an arrogant cop during a minor traffic violation
    than ebola.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

A question for Bill...

It seems I've saw you mention Tobacco Absolute and Naturally Extracted Tobaccos in nearly the same breath.

Do you consider a juice with TA added to it as being something along the lines of an NET?
    Randy C likes this.
    tDCS anyone..?

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE=thehangdude;10161747]I also like the ZMAX, but I like the VAMO just as much. The VAMO can use 18350, 18650, or two 18350s (I use one 18350 so it is shorter). The VAMO is much cheaper and just as nice.

+1 for the VAMO. I own seven of them---two V1s and five V2s. I also power them with a single 18350 to keep them shorter, relatively speaking. I much prefer the simple three-button VAMO user-friendly interface over the ZMAX/Provari style single button multi-click-and-wait scroll-through-a-menu "morse code" system.

I've searched via Google to discover the difference, but to no avail. I come up with nothing about what makes Crentia "special" and more expensive. All I've found is that the Crentia series comes only in 10ml bottles. Regular Hangsen liquids come in 10ml, 30ml, and 50ml bottles. 40/ml is really expensive juice for FastTech, and it's popular, too---they're out of stock for numerous flavors in the Crentia line, especially the higher nic versions. Perhaps it's a limited edition, although searching for Crentia on Hangsen's corporate site comes up with zilch.

Even though I have 90mls of regular Hangsen retail RY4 and another 30mls (currently) of DIY juice made with Hangsen Essence RY4, I'd probably order a 10ml bottle of Hangsen Crentia just to see if it's different, but FastTech is temporarily out of both 18mg and 24mg nic strength in the Crentia Ruyan4.

And how does Hangsen away with calling its juice "Ruyan4?" Most other juice manufacturers have by now dropped "Ruyan4" and changed to "RY4" after threats of litigation over trademark infringement by SBT Investment Holdings Ltd. (formerly the Ruyan Company), which owns the registered trademark.
    RPadTV likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    A question for Bill...

It seems I've saw you mention Tobacco Absolute and Naturally Extracted Tobaccos in nearly the same breath. Do you consider a juice with TA added to it as being something along the lines of an NET?
    No, I always distinguish macerated (whether cold-steeped or heated) or steam-distilled NETs from commercial TA and don't regard them as similar. Although both are made from real, "natural" tobacco, they bear little resemblance in terms of flavor. Commercial TA (usually Bulgarian) is more like a super-super-concentrated essential oil of tobacco and is used only in extreme dilutions of 5% or less, and even then very sparingly. By contrast, NETs are more like steeped tea---flavinoids and other flavor elements of the tobacco leaf dissolved/suspended in a base of all-PG, all-VG, or a mix of both. The extracts are usually not very concentrated.

Where it gets a little dicey is with a vendor such as VelvetCloudVapor, which has its own in-house process to create proprietary TA (a process that requires sophisticated machinery and isn't cheap) for their tobacco blend juices. VCV's TA is, in some ways, closer to an NET in that it doesn't taste much like commercial TA. VCV uses Burley and Virginian tobaccos rather than the Bulgarian of commercial TA. I'd guess also that VCV's TA is not nearly as super-concentrated as commercial TA.

Many vendors add a little TA to their synthetic lab-based tobacco juices to lend a smoky or slightly ashy taste to the artificial tobacco flavor. Mom&PopVaporShop and Moondrop are two of the most obvious in that they sometimes use TA all by itself in their tobacco blends. I don't think of either as an NET vendor, however.
    Cool_Breeze, Randy C and RPadTV like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thehangdude View Post
    I also like the ZMAX, but I like the VAMO just as much. The VAMO can use 18350, 18650, or two 18350s (I use one 18350 so it is shorter).
    The VAMO is much cheaper and just as nice.

$50.00 Vamo-Vivi Voltage Adjustable E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Set - with Nitecore I2 US battery charger/charger cable/2*Panasonic 18650 batteries at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You can order some hangsen ry4 while you're there.

Found 10 ruyan at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    Dude, thanks for the tip. The VAMO is indeed a very nice PV, I own two of them and have used them in the various battery configurations, usually with a single 18350. I also own a Provari and now the ZMAX Mini. All of them are superb devices. What I like the most about the ZMAX Mini is the small size/weight for what it does. This little dude will fit nicely in a shirt pocket without weighting it down. Cannot say that about the VAMO or Provari. All of them have their pluses and minuses.

Bill, I prefer the VAMO's menu system over the Provari and ZMAX as well. Oh well, I guess we cannot have everything we want! I still use Ego Twists a lot too. The Ego Twists have been my preferred out and about PV but I think the ZMAX Mini may take the Ego's place as my favorite traveling PV.

Getting back on topic - Passer's Frenchy RY4 just keeps getting better! I have vaped 5 of the 6 mls he sent me a few days ago.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I got to try some BWB RY4 today. It's definitely a distinct take on the formula and I understand why it was so popular. It was only six or so drops, so I don't have any detailed opinions on it. My first impression was that it's something I'd buy if were still available.

Bill, I picked up some Helios Meteor for my obligatory hanging-out-at-your-store-during-a-vape-meet purchase. I'll put some in a bottle for you to add to the list.

Kent C and Randy C like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Randy C's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPadTV View Post
    I got to try some BWB RY4 today. It's definitely a distinct take on the formula and I understand why it was so popular. It was only six or so drops, so I don't have any detailed opinions on it. My first impression was that it's something I'd buy if were still available.

Bill, I picked up some Helios Meteor for my obligatory hanging-out-at-your-store-during-a-vape-meet purchase. I'll put some in a bottle for you to add to the list.

Thanks for posting Rpad! Sightings of BWB RY-4 have become as rare as Sasquatch. I still have an unopened 30ML bottle, and about 5ml's left in another. I often wonder why Don never came up with a fix for his sourcing problem, or... why he just wouldn't develop some thing new. His RY-4 (and Joker) once catapulted him to the top of his game...
    RPadTV likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

VapingZone RY4 Super Concentrated Flavor DIY

The reviews on this one is only 3 stars and I would give it 5. Its a nice classic RY4 with hints of caramel and tobacco witha small touch of nuts. It reminds me of a old school RY4. The tobacco is heavy on this one, has the Kamel Chinese taste and I am sure steeping will bring the true. Not a desert vape. Its sharp and to the point. Good stuff and with just 2 drops per 3ml I am set along time for a nice Classic RY4

In my DIY RY4 arsenal...

RY4 Ana

RY4 Frenchy

RY4 Virginia A nice robust Virginia tobacco RY4 style is coming up..... then more to come......
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 07-22-2013 at 08:16 PM.
    thehangdude likes this.