The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 527
Page 527 of 558 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,270 of 5574
Like Tree5634Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Lombaowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gdeach View Post
    I know I'm the guy that brings a 6 pack to a wine tasting but...with all the 4's I've tried I always go back to Mr. E's RY-4
    Mr E's and Mr Vape are pretty much the standard IMO, they are so delicious. Only my frankenjuiced ECBlend RY-4 and HHV Heavenly tobacco mix trumps those two liquids.

I always carry 15ml or so of my favorite frankenjuice but this week, I had not dipped into it. So today I loaded some Mr E's in the morning and it ran out by noon. Loaded the frankenjuice and it was just so good today, tasted like the first time I concocted it. I think I put about 65% ECBlend in this past time, maybe I discovered the right blend at last!

Full Member Verified Member DanielKF's Avatar

I was looking into buying the Ikenvape RY4 but you can only get it either 80/20 or 20/80. My question is if I bought one of each and just mixed 100% of both bottles together would that be a 50/50 blend and would it screw the flavor up. Pretty sure it is a 50/50 blend if I do that I am just concerned that I will destroy the way it is supposed to taste.

Thanks.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKF View Post
    I was looking into buying the Ikenvape RY4 but you can only get it either 80/20 or 20/80. My question is if I bought one of each and just mixed 100% of both bottles together would that be a 50/50 blend and would it screw the flavor up. Pretty sure it is a 50/50 blend if I do that I am just concerned that I will destroy the way it is supposed to taste.
    Don't worry. Doing what you propose---creating a 50/50 IKV RY4 by a 1:1 mix of 80/20 with 20/80---will not harm anything.

I've had both base blends of IKV RY4. That was a long time ago, but my recollection is that, while they used the same flavor profile (meaning the same flavorings in the same recipe), the two versions did taste slightly different, exactly as one would expect from the opposite bases---80PG was a tiny bit more flavorful with slightly thinner "mouthfeel," while the 80VG produced thicker vapor and fuller mouthfeel with a tad less flavor. I did the same thing you're considering by combining both bottles. No difference worth noting, except that I was happier with the 50/50 than either of the others.
    Cool_Breeze and DanielKF like this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

I have run out of several of my favorite RY4s this week. Others have not been "hitting the spot." So I dug through my box of juices and pulled two RY4s that are new to me. FreedomSmokeUSA RY4 and The Vapor Room Ginger's RY4.

I know these have been around for a long time. FSUSA's RY4 was reviewed (very briefly) in this thread's first post. I have 120mls of it, so I might as well give it a shot. It is a very dark liquid. Like a strong espresso, it could stain a brown shirt. The flavor is unique in RY4land. It is a caramel heavy tobacco in inhale, but the exhale tastes like it is filtered through a dirty sock. There is a musty flavor that (although I compared it to worn footwear) is not entirely unpleasant. I think they were going for a smoke flavor. They failed, and the result is disturbingly quirky. Maybe it is a hint of anise. Whatever the "off" exhale flavor is, FSUSA would be better without it. Overall I think Bill was a bit harsh with his D+ grade, but maybe he just doesn't like the flavor of dirty socks.

The Vapor Room Ginger's RY4 is very close to a classic RY4. It reminds me of Health Cabin's RY4 with a tobacco boost. The flavor is very light (which is why most people order 125% flavor from The Vapor Room). There is more of a sweetness than a caramel and a vanilla. Most of the flavor is found on the exhale. In fact, all the flavor is found on the exhale. The caramel vanilla blend compliments the stronger tobacco flavor. When I say stronger tobacco, I don't mean NET strong. I mean that compared to Dekang or Health Cabin, Ginger's is related, but stronger. The tobacco still has that metallic flavor rather than the grit of a good tobacco vape. Ginger's RY4 is pleasant. I don't fault Bill in giving it an average grade, but I find it better than either Health Cabin or DK-4. Not as good as other classics such as Apollo, Volt, or Butterfly's which are each so clean and bright and yummy. TVR Ginger's RY4 is a nice, but not outstanding RY4.

I can't see that anyone will claim either of these two RY4s as their favorite e-liquid. I will continue to vape both, because neither is nasty and I am enjoying the change of pace.
    My mechanic couldn't fix my breaks,
    so he made my horn louder.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi all you RY4 lovers ...So some good news for those who like Mountain Oak Vapors Classic Country RY4. if you guys recall my hate then love then addiction then back to hate for this juice, for some reason it changed on me or maybe it was just my taste buds, well anyways still on my quest I ran into a tobacco where you can clone the stuff and it taste like the very first time I had it pine sol and all...so I will share since I have promised and promised and promised RY4 Dream which is still in the works like always......so here is 97% Mountain Oak Vapors Classic Country RY4 clone

Sphynx Tobacco by Inawera ( I used 1 drop for 3ml but 1 drop for 6ml would do it....PINE SOL HEAVEN) Could this be what they use? I am not sure but gosh its spot on and even can be used for the other synthetic tobaccos they have like Gold (honey tobacco) which I think is gone now.

Caramel ( I used Hangsen, I would advise to use a different caramel and nothing to candy like, that's why its a 97% clone not 99% )

Vanilla (I used Vanilla Frosting from One on One flavoring, im thinking any vanilla would do I just love that stuff..)

...and if anyone tries it tell me what you think.....Enjoy my RY4 friends....
    Last edited by passerbyeus; 04-14-2014 at 09:22 PM.
    clnire likes this.

ECF Veteran

we may not go to vape meets and we may not have video reviews and we may not be #1 in the vaping community but we sure know a little about RY4s....
    clnire likes this.

For those wanting to try Smokeless Image's Volt RY4, it is now 30% off with code "BUNNY". That makes it under $10 /30ml plus shipping of about $3.
    Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
    Cool_Breeze likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by thehangdude View Post
    For those wanting to try Smokeless Image's Volt RY4, it is now 30% off with code "BUNNY". That makes it under $10 /30ml plus shipping of about $3.
    Smokeless Image | The Best Electronic Cigarette
    13 bucks shipped for a 30ml bottle of one of the best Classic RY4s ever made. Now, that's a good deal! If I didn't have a full 30ml bottle of SI Volt RY4 in my stash, I'd jump all over this one.

ECF Veteran

For those waiting for a better Butterfly's sale:

" https://www.butterflys-ejuices.com/

Butterfly's eJuices will be moving at the end of May and we are running a clearance sale.

All items are 50% off until May 25, 2014.

No coupon code is needed as the discount is will automatically be applied in your cart.

All orders received on or before May 25 will be filled and shipped before we move and any orders received after this time will be filled and shipped after we relocate. "

Of course, the 30 ml bottle I ordered the beginning of last week during the 35% off sale still has not shipped.....
    Lombaowski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clnire View Post
    For those waiting for a better Butterfly's sale:

" https://www.butterflys-ejuices.com/

Butterfly's eJuices will be moving at the end of May and we are running a clearance sale.

All items are 50% off until May 25, 2014.

No coupon code is needed as the discount is will automatically be applied in your cart.

All orders received on or before May 25 will be filled and shipped before we move and any orders received after this time will be filled and shipped after we relocate. "

Of course, the 30 ml bottle I ordered the beginning of last week during the 35% off sale still has not shipped.....
    I think with a couple bottles of Volt and a big bottle of Butterfly's and I will be set for the summer. Both are great classic RY4s.
    Cool_Breeze likes this.