The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 533
Page 533 of 556 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 5560
Like Tree5617Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Full Member Verified Member DanielKF's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clnire View Post
    For those waiting for a better Butterfly's sale:

" https://www.butterflys-ejuices.com/

Butterfly's eJuices will be moving at the end of May and we are running a clearance sale.

All items are 50% off until May 25, 2014.

No coupon code is needed as the discount is will automatically be applied in your cart.

All orders received on or before May 25 will be filled and shipped before we move and any orders received after this time will be filled and shipped after we relocate. "

Of course, the 30 ml bottle I ordered the beginning of last week during the 35% off sale still has not shipped.....
    Just wanted to let people know that Butterfly 50 percent off sale is over. I was going to go get another 60ml bottle just for the heck of it due to the price but the discount is no more, oh well still a great juice that everyone should try.
    clnire likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKF View Post
    Just wanted to let people know that Butterfly 50 percent off sale is over. I was going to go get another 60ml bottle just for the heck of it due to the price but the discount is no more, oh well still a great juice that everyone should try.
    Oh...and I was planning an order...
    clnire likes this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Breeze View Post
    Oh...and I was planning an order...
    It might be 60% off soon. That happened last time I ordered.

There are always huge discounts on Memorial Day. It seems everybody has a sale for that holiday.
    clnire and DanielKF like this.

You are more likely to be killed by an arrogant cop during a minor traffic violation
    than ebola.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Because Want2Vape RY4 came up for discussion yesterday in a couple posts on the Natural Tobaccos thread, I had occasion to vape it after a long hiatus. In this case, a prolonged absence really did make my heart grow fonder, or perhaps it just gave my palate a chance to refresh itself with that particular RY4. Either way, I liked it again. A lot.

Want2Vape RY4---which I have in the DIY all-in-one flavoring version mixed at the recommended 20% in a mostly VG base---is an NET-based Custom RY4 with none of the brightness of Classic RY4s. w2v RY4 is a dark liquid, both in color and in flavor, emphasizing the mid-range and bass notes almost entirely. No trumpets or banks of high-register violins here; this juice is all cellos, bassoons, and double basses. Also, Classic RY4s tend to be at least slightly lean---not always, but often. w2v RY4 is anything but lean. It's not particularly sweet and is definitely not a dessert-style RY4, but what it offers instead is a thicker, deeper flavor (probably augmented some by my high-VG blend). The caramel isn't gooey enough to be called "rich," but it's very substantial. If a vaping liquid could be considered "chewy," w2v RY4 might qualify.

Even though w2v RY4 uses an NET tobacco flavoring produced from a filtered maceration of real tobacco, that tobacco element doesn't stand out or identify itself separate from the caramel and vanilla. Like Classic RY4s, the tobacco is neutral, and all the flavorings meld into unison, ending up closer to a single taste than is common for most Custom RY4s. The thick-tasting caramel does leads the way in this RY4, but it goes arm and arm with its tobacco and vanilla buddies, and all three flavors merge wonderfully.

Boy, this stuff is good! w2v RY4 conveys beautifully one of the often overlooked qualities of great RY4s, that of comfort. RY4s are not designed to be spectacular, knock-your-socks-off eliquids. The Holy Trinity of basic RY4 flavorings---tobacco, caramel, and vanilla---are, by their very nature, pleasing and comfortable together. The RY4 flavor profile, especially when done well, doesn't grab the vaper to get his or her attention, but instead soothes the palate with instant recognition of flavors that are right at the heart of what human brains enjoy. A good RY4 says, "God's in her heaven, and all's right with the world." w2v RY4 does that very nicely.

Want2Vape also sells another RY4 called Rock Star. Like w2v RY4, Rock Star is definitely in the Custom genre, using a slightly unusual synthetic tobacco flavoring that results in a flavor profile that's much more stimulating in impact and eccentric than that of its sibling. w2v RY4 does the big brother thing of being steady, responsible, and solid as a rock, so that little brother Rock Star can be wilder, more whimsical, and a bit flaky.

Both versions are sold as retail juices (from Want2Vape) or as all-in-one DIY flavorings (from either Want2Vape or XtremeVaping---I buy mine from XtremeVaping because the prices and shipping are cheaper).
    Jerms, Mr.Mann and RPadTV like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

...nice post, Bill.

For me there is something in W2V RY4 that says 'tobacco,' and / or 'smoke' (toasty?) uniquely from the other RY4s I have vaped. That is just a portion of the taste...something I wish I could isolate into it's own flavoring or supplement. Like yourself, W2V RY4 has gone up and down on my chart, but that compelling aspect of it's flavor remains for me.
    Jerms and Mr.Mann like this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by DanielKF View Post
    Glad I nabbed another bottle Sunday! Sale was still on... Guess they ended the sale early. My previous post was the email I received from them.

Conoscitore del Pipa Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I tried Diane's / My Vape Juice - Our RY4 (synthetic) today. Not bad...not bad at all. It is not rocking my world, but it has a subtle addictive quality that I found in a couple early synthetics I tried got hooked on, and then grew tired of ... but without the things that made me grow tired of those other ones. Bill, have you tried this yet? Your thoughts?
    “The pipe gives a wise man an opportunity to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juicy View Post
    I tried Diane's / My Vape Juice - Our RY4 (synthetic) today. Not bad...not bad at all. It is not rocking my world, but it has a subtle addictive quality that I found in a couple early synthetics I tried got hooked on, and then grew tired of ... but without the things that made me grow tired of those other ones. Bill, have you tried this yet? Your thoughts?
    MyVapeJuice Our RY4 - post #3402 (my review), post #3302 (the hangdude) Current Grade: B
    MyVapeJuice Rogue RY4 - post #3528 (my review) Current Grade: B+
    Last edited by billherbst; 05-23-2014 at 12:01 AM.
    Big Juicy likes this.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    Because Want2Vape RY4 came up for discussion yesterday in a couple posts on the Natural Tobaccos thread, I had occasion to vape it after a long hiatus. In this case, a prolonged absence really did make my heart grow fonder, or perhaps it just gave my palate a chance to refresh itself with that particular RY4. Either way, I liked it again. A lot.

Want2Vape RY4---which I have in the DIY all-in-one flavoring version mixed at the recommended 20% in a mostly VG base---is an NET-based Custom RY4 with none of the brightness of Classic RY4s. w2v RY4 is a dark liquid, both in color and in flavor, emphasizing the mid-range and bass notes almost entirely. No trumpets or banks of high-register violins here; this juice is all cellos, bassoons, and double basses. Also, Classic RY4s tend to be at least slightly lean---not always, but often. w2v RY4 is anything but lean. It's not particularly sweet and is definitely not a dessert-style RY4, but what it offers instead is a thicker, deeper flavor (probably augmented some by my high-VG blend). The caramel isn't gooey enough to be called "rich," but it's very substantial. If a vaping liquid could be considered "chewy," w2v RY4 might qualify.

Even though w2v RY4 uses an NET tobacco flavoring produced from a filtered maceration of real tobacco, that tobacco element doesn't stand out or identify itself separate from the caramel and vanilla. Like Classic RY4s, the tobacco is neutral, and all the flavorings meld into unison, ending up closer to a single taste than is common for most Custom RY4s. The thick-tasting caramel does leads the way in this RY4, but it goes arm and arm with its tobacco and vanilla buddies, and all three flavors merge wonderfully.

Boy, this stuff is good! w2v RY4 conveys beautifully one of the often overlooked qualities of great RY4s, that of comfort. RY4s are not designed to be spectacular, knock-your-socks-off eliquids. The Holy Trinity of basic RY4 flavorings---tobacco, caramel, and vanilla---are, by their very nature, pleasing and comfortable together. The RY4 flavor profile, especially when done well, doesn't grab the vaper to get his or her attention, but instead soothes the palate with instant recognition of flavors that are right at the heart of what human brains enjoy. A good RY4 says, "God's in her heaven, and all's right with the world." w2v RY4 does that very nicely.

Want2Vape also sells another RY4 called Rock Star. Like w2v RY4, Rock Star is definitely in the Custom genre, using a slightly unusual synthetic tobacco flavoring that results in a flavor profile that's much more stimulating in impact and eccentric than that of its sibling. w2v RY4 does the big brother thing of being steady, responsible, and solid as a rock, so that little brother Rock Star can be wilder, more whimsical, and a bit flaky.

Both versions are sold as retail juices (from Want2Vape) or as all-in-one DIY flavorings (from either Want2Vape or XtremeVaping---I buy mine from XtremeVaping because the prices and shipping are cheaper).

Bill, while our respective buds receive this liquid a little differently (I do believe it is particularly rich and sweet), I agree 100% with your main point -- it is a really solid, tasty liquid! Late last year Donley sent me several bottles to try and that RY4 was one. One day (a couple months later) I figured I'd give it a go and I was floored that I had a liquid like that just chillin' in my stash unmolested. After that moment I tried it, yeah, that bottle got squeezed quite a bit!
    Jerms and RPadTV like this.
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    Bill, while our respective buds receive this liquid a little differently (I do believe it is particularly rich and sweet), I agree 100% with your main point -- it is a really solid, tasty liquid! Late last year Donley sent me several bottles to try and that RY4 was one. One day (a couple months later) I figured I'd give it a go and I was floored that I had a liquid like that just chillin' in my stash unmolested. After that moment I tried it, yeah, that bottle got squeezed quite a bit!
    Mr.M,

A good chance exists that we're both experiencing our juices accurately. You're vaping nicely steeped retail juice from w2v, whereas I'm vaping DIY juice made from w2v's all-in-one RY4 flavoring that's more than a year and a half old. Since mine may be nearing the beginnings of the Alzheimer's phase of juice existence, the flavors may have "flattened" perceptibly and lost some of their sweetness.

What's nice is that we agree on the "comfort food" nature of Want2Vape RY4.
    Jerms, Mr.Mann and RPadTV like this.