The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 536
Page 536 of 556 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5560
Like Tree5617Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

THEN I ordered another 30ml of Butterfly's while it was still 50% off and before the shipping deadline before they moved. Still not shipped after almost 3 weeks. I am used to their slow shipping but this was getting rediculous and with the move? I leave in 2 weeks for a 6 week road trip and getting my stash together. I emailed Kyra and she got back to me apologetic and said she would get it right out. Along with another flavor of my choice on the house. I love her Pina Colada but after this debacle I asked for, get this, Banana Nut Bread! I am going to get my banana yet and I will sniff before I pour!

Still no shipping notice but perhaps it will just show up in my mailbox.

Well at least I brought some action to this wonderful thread.

pardon the typos, on my phone
    Last edited by clnire; 06-10-2014 at 01:34 AM.
    sedge and DanielKF like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default RY4 Review: KillR Y4 from River Bottom Fog Sauce through VapingWatch

Specs: The 30ml bottle of River Bottom Fog Sauce KillR Y4 sent to me for free by Brian through VapingWatch contains a medium-caramel-colored liquid with a slight but pleasing nose mixed at 16mg nic in either a 60/40 or 40/60 PG/VG base (I can’t remember which). I didn’t steep the juice very long because RBFS juices are supposed to be steeped for three weeks before sale. Testing was done in my old-school way, by dripping the liquid into a standard JoyeTech 2.2 ohm 510 atomizer powered by a VAMO v3 set to 9 watts RMS. I also loaded the juice into a CE2 Ultimate Clearomizer, which is now antiquated technology, but still the JDS I use to test-compare RY4s head-to-head, since about 80 of my 160 RY4s are loaded into those particular clearos.

From the VapingWatch product page description:

“A mixture of mainly burley and Cavendish with a sprinkling of Virginia, [KillR Y4] is cased with flavorings closely mirroring an RY4. Without a doubt the sweetest Fog Sauce in the line-up. Both the taste and the aroma are in that sweet spot of pastry, cotton candy, maple syrup and molasses, making it easy to recommend this as a perfect dessert vape. KillrY4 would be perfect for someone looking to try Naturally Extracted Tobacco for the 1st time.”

I presume that Brian put together his own tobacco blend and infused the other flavorings. But maybe not. If a commercial blend was used, I’d sure like to know what it is, although asking would be impolite.

KillR Y4 is a NET-based RY4, which is to say an RY4 that uses natural tobacco extract flavoring rather than synthetic, lab-based tobacco flavor. That makes it, by definition, a Custom (rather than Classic) RY4, whose main competition comes from four other NET-based Custom retail RY4s---VapeRite VR4, GoodEJuice GJ4, MountainOakVapors Full Virginia Flake RY4, and QuickNicJuice ouR whY qu4tro. I’d include Rogue RY4 from MyVapeJuice as the fifth, but Diane doesn’t seem to offer Rogue RY4 any more. Other NET-based retail Custom RY4s are available, but the four I listed are deservedly the most popular and well-known.

[Note: I’m not including Want2Vape RY4, since I have the DIY version made from w2v’s all-in-one flavoring, and I’m also not including RY4s that use Tobacco Absolute in the group (Mom&PopVaporShop RY4 and RY4v2, Moondrop RY42, and others), because TA has its own eccentric flavor profile, and TA-based RY4s taste decidedly different than NET-based RY4s.]

The tobacco element of Classic RY4s is effectively “hidden”---neutral synthetic tobacco provides a base flavor, which is then merged with caramel, vanilla, and sometimes other flavors, into a single unified taste. Custom RY4s separate the flavors and highlight their individual tastes. NET-based RY4s add the additional element of authentic tobacco flavor, which often leads. GeJ GJ4 makes tobacco the star, backed by assistance from caramel and vanilla that are present but not quite center-stage. GJ4 is clearly the most tobacco-dominant of the top-tier NET group (and the least RY4-like), followed by MOV FVF RY4, which is better balanced, then QnJ ouR whY qu4tro, which is both balanced and assertive in all its flavors. RBFS KillR Y4 has the least tobacco presence of any NET-based RY4 I’ve vaped. Oh, it’s there, but it’s not strong. KillR Y4 reminds me of RBFS Pirate’s Drunken Sweet Tooth, except with even more sweetness of a type that---as the description states---“mirrors an RY4.”

On my first draw of KillR Y4, my brain whispered three words: “Sweet, very sweet.” Is it dessert sweet? Yes, definitely. Pastry? Maple syrup? Molasses? I can’t discern any particular kind of sweetness, except that the sweet flavors---whatever they happen to be---are soft, expansive, and close enough to caramel-vanilla to qualify this juice as an RY4. In overall flavor profile, I’d put KillR Y4 midway between the rich caramel of VapeRite VR4 and the even-tempered tobacco/caramel/vanilla of QuickNic ouR whY qu4tro.

Would KillR Y4 be better with a stronger tobacco presence? For me, the answer is yes, but I understand that a change in the balance can alter a juice like this in unexpected ways. Perhaps Brian’s stated target audience of “someone looking to try Naturally Extracted Tobacco for the 1st time” is a savvy marketing decision.

Will NET veterans or those who love unadorned tobacco flavors enjoy KillR Y4? Perhaps, but only for about five minutes. In addition, RY4 aficionados who lean away from sweet, dessert-style RY4s can look elsewhere. Move on. Nothing here to see.

For dessert RY4 lovers who want a natural tobacco presence that doesn’t overwhelm or compete with the sweetness, KillR Y4 could be the answer to their prayers. Also, anyone who likes sweet juices in general would be well advised to give KillR Y4 a try.

I’m interested to see how time affects KillR Y4. Will steeping diminish the sweetness somewhat? Will it bring the tobacco forward more? VR4 and ouR whY qu4tro are best fresh. Both are serious reverse-steepers, as they lose over time some of what makes them special. In VR4’s case the caramel gets funky, and ouR whY qu4tro loses much of its almost effervescent sparkle, punch, and some of its vapor production. By contrast, GeJ GJ4 and MOV FVF RY4 both hold their own with great stability over time. They’re every bit as good after a year as they were on Day One. We’ll see how well KillR Y4 holds up to long-term steeping.

RBFS KillR Y4 grade: B

Link to purchase: RBFS KillR Y4 from VapingWatch
    AnthonyB, Jerms, EleanorR and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post

KillR Y4

The tobacco element of Classic RY4s is effectively “hidden”---neutral synthetic tobacco provides a base flavor, which is then merged with caramel, vanilla, and sometimes other flavors, into a single unified taste. Custom RY4s separate the flavors and highlight their individual tastes. NET-based RY4s add the additional element of authentic tobacco flavor, which often leads. GeJ GJ4 makes tobacco the star, backed by assistance from caramel and vanilla that are present but not quite center-stage. GJ4 is clearly the most tobacco-dominant of the top-tier NET group (and the least RY4-like), followed by MOV FVF RY4, which is better balanced, then QnJ ouR whY qu4tro, which is both balanced and assertive in all its flavors. RBFS KillR Y4 has the least tobacco presence of any NET-based RY4 I’ve vaped. Oh, it’s there, but it’s not strong. KillR Y4 reminds me of RBFS Pirate’s Drunken Sweet Tooth, except with even more sweetness of a type that---as the description states---“mirrors an RY4.”

Will NET veterans or those who love unadorned tobacco flavors enjoy KillR Y4? Perhaps, but only for about five minutes. In addition, RY4 aficionados who lean away from sweet, dessert-style RY4s can look elsewhere. Move on. Nothing here to see.

For dessert RY4 lovers who want a natural tobacco presence that doesn’t overwhelm or compete with the sweetness, KillR Y4 could be the answer to their prayers. Also, anyone who likes sweet juices in general would be well advised to give KillR Y4 a try.

I’m interested to see how time affects KillR Y4. Will steeping diminish the sweetness somewhat? Will it bring the tobacco forward more? VR4 and ouR whY qu4tro are best fresh. Both are serious reverse-steepers, as they lose over time some of what makes them special. In VR4’s case the caramel gets funky, and ouR whY qu4tro loses much of its almost effervescent sparkle, punch, and some of its vapor production. By contrast, GeJ GJ4 and MOV FVF RY4 both hold their own with great stability over time. They’re every bit as good after a year as they were on Day One. We’ll see how well KillR Y4 holds up to long-term steeping.

RBFS KillR Y4 grade: B

Link to purchase: RBFS KillR Y4 from VapingWatch

So are all "custom's" natural extracted tobacco in your list (I can't tolerate synthetics.) Also my fav over Killer is vaperites VR4 and I am surprised High brow isn't on the list in case I missed it, the make a very strong natural tobacco RY$, really helped me quit analogs but too expensive for everday vape.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsok View Post
    Brobdingnagian,

As far as I'm concerned ... It isn't any of your business what sig/banner that myself or anyone else happens to have but you should still pay more attention.... I had removed the NET.com banner a couple of days ago... I see Shatner has now also done the same... I'm almost tempted to replace it now... just in spite of your comment.
    I'm afraid NET.com may have seen the hand writing on the wall with the FDA stepping in. Also another sign is the ebay ban, I can't tell you how consitant that is a predictor for state and fed bans/regs.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeNice81 View Post
    I spent eight days with nothing but MVJ's Dunhill Early Morning and MFT's Cold Infusion. I was not disappointed. MFT's juice went neck and neck with MVJ for cleanliness. It went 7ml before I decided to toss the head and stop rinsing coils/wicks between tanks. The MVJ made it 8ml with the same cleaning between tanks. I also found out that if I don't leave juice sitting in tanks overnight the heads appear to last longer.
    What setup do you have? I have an aerotank on a provari and the coils are very delicate? Seems the don't like cleaning with water. When I used HEET (wood alcohol) only they seem to survive if I let then dry a day.

Also I wanted to post a mini review (I'm not very verbose) of MFMikes's Orlic Hops blend. I smoke 24 mg nic, but my sample is only 9mg. Yet I absolutely love it, the hops are very flavorfull. Its a tad weak on vapor with my equipment, but not objectionable, its a real winner I can't drink now but I used to enjoy a healthy Pilsner and this brings back that wonderful hops flavor I haven't experienced in years. Likes Mike.

Hi everyone,
    I wanted to give you all the heads up that buttery's eliquid is back on sale. This week everything is half off. As weeks pass the savings will change to 40%off then to 30%off and so on until everything is back to full price. My advise to everyone is to buy now because you never know if the sale will end early.

ECF Veteran

For Butterfly's, although I love her RY4, be prepared to wait. My order from before her (Kyra) sale cut off to ship date (ordered May 18) still has not shipped. I emailed her last week and she was getting right on it, along with a free bottle of my choice for the wait. Nothing. Another email and now changed to awaiting shipping - for 2 days. Don't get me wrong, I WILL receive my order, no question. But I think things got kind of mixed up with her move and want people to be aware. My experience is she is slow to ship, but you will receive an excellent product. No vendor bashing here, or really alerts, just a be aware and be patient. I will continue to order from her. I like her product, I just want my juice!!!
    bcme and DanielKF like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A postscript to my review of River Bottom Fog Sauce KillR Y4 that was posted on Tuesday night:

I've been vaping KillR Y4 quite happily this evening for more than an hour, and that says something, since I don't normally vape any one juice for more than about 20 minutes at a stretch before changing juices. An hour means that I'm enjoying it a lot.

30 RY4s are listed as Dessert/Sweet on the RY4 Category Groups page, and if I were to rank just those sweeter RY4s, KillR Y4 would be right near the top, and might even be a contender for #1 among Dessert/Sweet RY4s.

KillR Y4 has three things going for it: First, it uses natural tobacco extract, which beats the heck out of most synthetic tobacco flavorings; second, it's a very tasty Dessert RY4, and third, it's just a darn good sweet juice in general. I'd put KillR Y4 right alongside GoodLifeVapor's Deadly Sin, one of my all-time favorite "mystery blend" sweet juices, and a juice that I've vaped nearly every day for the past year. It's too soon for me to claim that KillR Y4 is as delicious as Deadly Sin---that will depend on KillR Y4's long-term staying power, as yet unproven---but it's definitely got my attention.

The sweetness in KillR Y4 is soft and pleasing---expansive rather than intense---probably because the sweet flavorings (I have it on good authority that those are caramel, vanilla, and a little honey) were "cased" with the actual tobacco (meaning sprayed onto the leaves during curing). Those flavors were then infused into the tobacco by the extraction process itself---in this case a simple-soak maceration. In other words, when the juice was mixed, separate flavorings weren't used for the tobacco, caramel, and vanilla elements. Instead, KillR Y4 was made with only a single flavoring extract, which amounts to an all-in-one RY4 flavoring.

So, I'm raising my grade for KillR Y4 to a B+. Another couple evenings like this, and it might even deserve an A-.
    sedge, clnire, Big Juicy and 1 others like this.

I've never had an issue with my orders taking a long time. If anything I would have to say she has shipped my orders in record time. Think positive thoughts and your package will be in your mailbox before you know it.
    clnire likes this.

ECF Guru* ECF Veteran thehangdude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRG4 View Post
    I've never had an issue with my orders taking a long time. If anything I would have to say she has shipped my orders in record time. Think positive thoughts and your package will be in your mailbox before you know it.
    My orders took 4 weeks and 3 weeks, but I ordered during the mega sales. Sometimes you just have to expect delays.

If you like caramel tobacco, Killer Juice has their RY4 on sale for $0.99/15ml. I think limit is three.
    Super Product Blitz 99 Cent Sale!!!!

You are more likely to be killed by an arrogant cop during a minor traffic violation
    than ebola.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thehangdude View Post
    My orders took 4 weeks and 3 weeks, but I ordered during the mega sales. Sometimes you just have to expect delays.

If you like caramel tobacco, Killer Juice has their RY4 on sale for $0.99/15ml. I think limit is three.
    Super Product Blitz 99 Cent Sale!!!!
    Five according to the main page. : )
    thehangdude, gutter77 and clnire like this.