The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long) - Page 537
Page 537 of 556 FirstFirst ... 37437487527533534535536537538539540541547 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,370 of 5560
Like Tree5617Likes

Thread: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by thehangdude View Post
    My orders took 4 weeks and 3 weeks, but I ordered during the mega sales. Sometimes you just have to expect delays.

If you like caramel tobacco, Killer Juice has their RY4 on sale for $0.99/15ml. I think limit is three.
    Super Product Blitz 99 Cent Sale!!!!
    I have some Killer RY4 and it just does not hit it for me like Mr Vape and Butterfly's but thanks for the heads up! I know Kyra will come through. She always does.

pardon the typos, on my phone

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm interested in trying an RY4 again. The only one I ever liked was Backwoods Brew. I never tried any others because I found that one right away. I've tried other tobacco flavors but none did it for me. I just do bakery flavors now.

Could someone please recommend one with a similar flavor profile as BWB RY4?
    TIA
    ​Analog Free Since July 17, 2011

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sedge View Post
    I'm interested in trying an RY4 again. The only one I ever liked was Backwoods Brew. I never tried any others because I found that one right away. I've tried other tobacco flavors but none did it for me. I just do bakery flavors now.

Could someone please recommend one with a similar flavor profile as BWB RY4?
    TIA
    About every six months, someone shows up on the thread with this exact question.

The answer is always the same. No other currently available RY4 tastes even remotely like BWB RY4, which was a unique eliquid, very much its own creature, and barely an RY4 at all. People who didn't like BWB RY4 aren't sad about its demise. Many others who loved BWB RY4 are still grieving the loss. But there it is.

One RY4 that was vaguely similar (and may even have played a role in the inspiration of BWB RY4's flavor profile) was the Janty RY4 marketed briefly in 2010, which had an unusual pine seed flavoring as one of its elements. Though far from identical, Janty's "pine seed" RY4 leaned in the same direction as BWB RY4, which had subtle pine notes also. But that version of Janty RY4 was discontinued just about the same time that BWB RY4 first appeared. Janty RY4 went back to a recipe closer to its original 2007 RY4, and BWB RY4 was left to carry the torch alone.

In the very first post of this long thread, way back in June 2011, I ranked BWB RY4 as #1, largely because it was the most popular RY4 available at the time. Now it's gone. Gone, but not forgotten.

For whatever it's worth, I still have half of a 15ml bottle of BWB RY4 in my stash. I vape a little bit from time to time, very sparingly, to make it last. It's still odd but seductive, a juice that sneaks up on you, and before you realize it, you're hooked.
    Mr.Mann, sedge and Big Juicy like this.

Conoscitore del Pipa Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I too have a little less than 30 ml of BWB RY4 dated 5/8/12 stashed away for a rainy day. Bill, have you noticed any decreases in the flavor of yours?
    “The pipe gives a wise man an opportunity to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by billherbst View Post
    A postscript to my review of River Bottom Fog Sauce KillR Y4 that was posted on Tuesday night:

I've been vaping KillR Y4 quite happily this evening for more than an hour, and that says something, since I don't normally vape any one juice for more than about 20 minutes at a stretch before changing juices. An hour means that I'm enjoying it a lot.

30 RY4s are listed as Dessert/Sweet on the RY4 Category Groups page, and if I were to rank just those sweeter RY4s, KillR Y4 would be right near the top, and might even be a contender for #1 among Dessert/Sweet RY4s.

KillR Y4 has three things going for it: First, it uses natural tobacco extract, which beats the heck out of most synthetic tobacco flavorings; second, it's a very tasty Dessert RY4, and third, it's just a darn good sweet juice in general. I'd put KillR Y4 right alongside GoodLifeVapor's Deadly Sin, one of my all-time favorite "mystery blend" sweet juices, and a juice that I've vaped nearly every day for the past year. It's too soon for me to claim that KillR Y4 is as delicious as Deadly Sin---that will depend on KillR Y4's long-term staying power, as yet unproven---but it's definitely got my attention.

The sweetness in KillR Y4 is soft and pleasing---expansive rather than intense---probably because the sweet flavorings (I have it on good authority that those are caramel, vanilla, and a little honey) were "cased" with the actual tobacco (meaning sprayed onto the leaves during curing). Those flavors were then infused into the tobacco by the extraction process itself---in this case a simple-soak maceration. In other words, when the juice was mixed, separate flavorings weren't used for the tobacco, caramel, and vanilla elements. Instead, KillR Y4 was made with only a single flavoring extract, which amounts to an all-in-one RY4 flavoring.

So, I'm raising my grade for KillR Y4 to a B+. Another couple evenings like this, and it might even deserve an A-.
    Awesome reviews as always Bill. I grovel in your presence oh LoRdY 4. Looks like I have to try this one.
    clnire likes this.
    “The pipe gives a wise man an opportunity to think, and a fool something to put in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Juicy View Post
    I too have a little less than 30 ml of BWB RY4 dated 5/8/12 stashed away for a rainy day. Bill, have you noticed any decreases in the flavor of yours?
    My half-full 15ml bottle of BWB RY4 was purchased in May 2011. I'm afraid my memory isn't good enough to recall precisely how it tasted the first year, so it's difficult for me to estimate how much flavor loss has occurred. Vapor production is still good (unlike some of my older juices), and I certainly recognize the flavor as good ole' BWB RY4.

Kent C. says that the ancient Janty RY4s he gifted to me---10ml of 2009 stock and 50ml of 2010 Janty RY4 (that's the "pine-seed" version) still retain about 90% of their original potency and flavor, but he kept them refrigerated, something I don't do. I'd need a dedicated 20 cu. ft. refrigerator to house all my liquids/extracts/bases. I do keep two liters of 100mg/ml liquid nic in the freezer and another liter in the fridge, however.

I'd guess that my three-year-old BWB RY4 is about 85-90% of its youthful vitality (which is a considerably higher percentage than I could say about myself).
    Big Juicy likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

LOL

Well played sir
    Mr.Mann likes this.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

About every six months, someone shows up on the thread with this exact question.

The answer is always the same. No other currently available RY4 tastes even remotely like BWB RY4, which was a unique eliquid, very much its own creature, and barely an RY4 at all. People who didn't like BWB RY4 aren't sad about its demise. Many others who loved BWB RY4 are still grieving the loss. But there it is.

One RY4 that was vaguely similar (and may even have played a role in the inspiration of BWB RY4's flavor profile) was the Janty RY4 marketed briefly in 2010, which had an unusual pine seed flavoring as one of its elements. Though far from identical, Janty's "pine seed" RY4 leaned in the same direction as BWB RY4, which had subtle pine notes also. But that version of Janty RY4 was discontinued just about the same time that BWB RY4 first appeared. Janty RY4 went back to a recipe closer to its original 2007 RY4, and BWB RY4 was left to carry the torch alone.

In the very first post of this long thread, way back in June 2011, I ranked BWB RY4 as #1, largely because it was the most popular RY4 available at the time. Now it's gone. Gone, but not forgotten.

For whatever it's worth, I still have half of a 15ml bottle of BWB RY4 in my stash. I vape a little bit from time to time, very sparingly, to make it last. It's still odd but seductive, a juice that sneaks up on you, and before you realize it, you're hooked.
    BWB's RY4 was the liquid that opened me up to the wonderful world of tobacco liquids! It also taught me a lot about "steeping." Prior to that liquid, nasty stayed nasty and I hadn't hardly had much that was even good enough to talk about. Actually, my very first thread/post on this forum (after I had stalked ECF for quite awhile) was BYB RY4 bad news.... I knew I had to talk to others once finding out its days were numbered.

I never really gave it much thought, but once I had BWB's RY4 I felt like I was actually in the (vaping) game. Prior to that, it was mostly failure after failure at finding anything that was, not only decent, but very unique and tasty. BWB's RY4 is pretty much how I came to be on ECF and to take liquids seriously. I had been vaping for a while before that, but it never felt like much more than a novelty until then. After that I was off to the races!

Around this time last year, Don posted on his site that he was still looking to reformulate his masterpiece, but seeing as how nothing has been posted since, I take it to mean nothing has worked. I do respect him for not just slapping an "RY4" label on one of his liquids to cash in on the desire for more. That tells me something about him.

I wasn't in-the-know earlier enough to have had Raf-a-licious (sp?), but I do still wonder what that one was like. Wasn't that an RY4 too? I can't remember.
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Mann View Post
    I wasn't in-the-know earlier enough to have had Raf-a-licious (sp?), but I do still wonder what that one was like. Wasn't that an RY4 too? I can't remember.
    Yes, AlienVisions Raf-a-licious was AVE's version of RY4. Though its flavor profile was more standard than BWB RY4, it was quite delicious and very popular, until it too met an untimely demise.

Not only do I still have a little BWB RY4, I also have 20ml of Raf-a-licious. Next time I send you a package of my home-brewed NETs, I'll include a 3ml bottle of Raf.
    sedge likes this.

PIF Forum Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yes, AlienVisions Raf-a-licious was AVE's version of RY4. Though its flavor profile was more standard than BWB RY4, it was quite delicious and very popular, until it too met an untimely demise.

Not only do I still have a little BWB RY4, I also have 20ml of Raf-a-licious. Next time I send you a package of my home-brewed NETs, I'll include a 3ml bottle of Raf.
    Whoa! Really?! Thanks, bill.

I admit I am too spaced out right now to do search, but when did Raf-a-licious end? Janty, BWB and AVE each had a popular RY4 that is no longer available. Strange.
    sedge likes this.
    Your “palate” is the roof of your mouth, and by extension, your sense of taste. A “palette” is the flat board an artist mixes paint on (or by extension, a range of colors). A “pallet” is either a bed (now rare) or a flat platform onto which goods are loaded.