Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: *HALO* Captain Jack

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I also got the the sampler with Capt. Jack. And Levitas I kind of get what you're saying. I really want like these juices but I'm not sure if I can do them right now. The freedom and torque are really good and I haven't tried the malibu but will soon. As far as the rest I'm letting them steep for a while. Captain is really too strong for me right now and makes me crave a sweeter tobacco. But maybe I'm just weird

ECF Veteran

New York,
    You aren't the only one to experience this juice as flowers and roses. Just so you don't feel so alone.....what I posted in the halo forum last week: New Beta Flavor "CAPTAIN JACK" - Free 10ml Samples

Sounds like we have similar tastebuds/senses of smell.
    Last edited by zotzer; 06-20-2011 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zotzer View Post
    Levitas,
    You aren't the only one to experience this juice as flowers and roses. Just so you don't feel so alone.....what I posted in the halo forum last week: New Beta Flavor "CAPTAIN JACK" - Free 10ml Samples

Sounds like we have similar tastebuds/senses of smell.
    Thanx Zotzer. lol. Funny we both mentioned "roses" specifically. I think this juice for some might be great seeing as how halo usualy has very clean well performing juice. But I can not get past the flavor so this will be added to the "in the event of the apocalypse and you no longer can order vape juice" emergency pile.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Anything called captain jack is good in my book ;D

Gear: Kvapor V63 & IGO-W w/ Bronze Ming Vase

ECF Veteran

Sorry I popped the wrong name in there....not sure why I did, but I fixed it.
    I kind of like it, because it is so different....but only in small doses. It will probably get a fan club, if only because it is quite unusual.

This crap smells and tastes like potpourri.

I too have been victimized with a 12mg sample bottle. We should file a class action law suit....

I just heard...

"Daddy... what's that smell? It smells like a chemical"

*Update* Now it smells and tastes like an aroma therapy candle.

That's it.... trashing it.
    Last edited by Dario; 06-20-2011 at 11:03 PM.
    NewYork likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    I too have been victimized with a 12mg sample bottle.
    he he he....thanks for the chuckle!
    Dario likes this.

I've had this Captain Jack sample for a little over a week. I gave it a puff or two when I first got it and my very first impression was that it tasted similar to the old Dekang French Pipe varieties with an overpowering cheep perfume taste to it. I immediately stopped and decided to let it age for a while.

About 5 days later, my brother in law was visiting and asked me to let him try it. I topped off a carto and tossed it to him. He hit it 3 times making odd faces and gave it back. His response was "this is a HALO juice???" I hit it a couple times before I sat it aside once more. Flavor was pretty similar to before, it smelled like a perfume my grandmother used to wear. Very floral.

Well, today I'm running low on Tiki and Freedom, decided to try my hardest to like it. I've been forcing myself to keep vaping it for about an hour now. Still pretty much hate it. Not my thing at all. It doesn't really seem to be up the normal Halo quality, which is quite high. Vapor and throat hit is fine, but it really does taste like cheep perfume. I totally get the roses, flower shop thing. The french pipe type flavor is totally gone at this point and the perfume is all that's left. It's more bearable than day 1, but I wouldn't even classify it as a decent back up vape.

This is only the 2nd Halo flavor that I've not been a fan of, but it doesn't even taste like it's made by them to be honest. It tastes and feels like a "generic juice".
    NewYork and Dario like this.

Ahhhhh, I think I've nailed down what the strongest flavor is. It's not roses, it's HOPS. This juice tastes like a really really hoppy beer. I'm not a fan of super hoppy beers, but if you are, I can imagine you'd like this quite a bit. Actually, it's probably a pretty good beer drinking vape. There aren't many of those around.

Full Member Verified Member

Day 2 of the good Cap'n:
    Flavor fatigue has definitely set it. Still liking it, but considerably less so. I don't get hops that much D.E....I'm in the 'Flower Shop' zone. I do think I will keep some of this on hand (if they keep it as an option) it's an interesting change of pace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast