Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree1381Likes

Thread: Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Thanks for the tip about unflavored - I'd actually considered that, by my other half loves strong flavors, and as soon as I make the "Oh, too strong!" face, he's all "LET ME TRY" and then he steals the bottle.

Ok, so, his flavors. Some I've tried, and some I'll just relay things he's said.

Cider Fire +2 80PG/20VG - Holy moley, was this spicy. The apple did start to come out after a couple weeks of steeping time, but the spices were still crazy overwhelming. I know he's been mixing this with the red apple that we got as one of our samples, and enjoying it much more. The fire part is that they make this flavor with hot cinnamon (candy flavoring) rather than warm cinnamon (spice), but the rest of your traditional apple cider spices are pretty assertive as well. It's not an apple vape with some spice - it's a spicey vape with some apple, if that makes sense. Not a huge cider fan myself, but had to at least take a taste (both early and later in the steeping process).

Extreme Ice +2 80PG/20VG - This is a LOT of mint. If you like a lot of mint, go for it. For me personally, there was a taste I just didn't care that much for; I think that the "ice" flavors are heavy on the wintergreen, which is my least favorite mint flavor.

Green Ice +2 80PG/20VG - Apple and mint is a weird combination for me. He liked it, but wasn't wild about it, and ended up giving most of the bottle to his brother's finacee since all the ice line was out of stock when she placed her first order, and that was the one flavor of our she really loved. I vaped a little of this; I think I would have enjoyed it more if the mint was a tad lighter and the apple a little more prominent, but there's a definite clear green apple taste in the background of this vape.

Sour Yum +2 80PG/20VG - This is the strangest juice I have vaped yet. If you love sour watermelon candies (the ones with the sour crystals all over it) this is those in vapor form. It even gave me that "sour feeling" on my tongue. A couple of words of caution - this is a tank-cracking juice, so we were using it in cartos only, but when he took it out of his rotation for several days, the juice remaining in the carto just tasted foul; I'm not sure if something in the juice reacted with something in the carto, or if he burnt it when I wasn't paying attention or what. Neither of us has had the urge to try it since then. You may not want to let this sit in a carto too long, or it might be some weird quirky thing that only happened to us.

Venom +2 80PG/20VG - I am impressed with anyone who can vape this. It's very cool, in that you can pick out all the cinnamon flavors in it. However, it was just BRUTAL on the throat. Even he can only vape it for very short periods before switching out for something a little milder. This juice may actually do better at a higher VG ratio because what it doesn't need it more throat hit.

Black Ice +2 80PG/20VG - This has been his big winner stock juice so far. Unlike the apple, the blackberry is the star of this juice. It's clean and juicy and backed up competently by a whole bunch of minty coolness. This juice does have a strong scent when vaped, though. Luckily, I really LIKE the smell of blackberries, although I am not crazy about the taste, because our house smells like Black Ice A LOT.

Candy Cane +2 80PG/20VG - Somewhat disappointing, I guess, I don't think I actually tried this one. He was looking for a stronger peppermint flavor than MBV's Candy Cane gives out.

Doublemint Gum +2 80PG/20VG - Another almost uncannily accurate flavor. Like Doublemint Gum? You'll like this. As a gum flavor, I find this less distracting than some other "spot on" flavors. Gum hangs out in your mouth. Vape hangs out in your mouth. It's not like you feel like you should be actually EATING it. Well. Not for me at least.

Solar Flare +2 80PG/20VG - And now we're even. Ordered for me, I wasn't wowed. Too much minty/menthol in the orange. He loved it and snagged the bottle. This alleviated some of my guilt over Creme de Menthe. I was sad to learn after the fact that (a) this juice DOES taste like an Orange Tic Tac and (b) now that my taste buds are coming back, I no longer care for Orange Tic Tacs.

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhaiKrikket View Post
    Cinnamon Red Hot +2 = Ordering this juice is not for the faint of heart. Getting extra flavor in it is an act of insanity (or of someone with a fireproof tongue). If you love hot cinnamon, this juice is very good. It may make you cough. It will crack your clearos. I can only vape it in very small sessions, so I fully expect a 15ml bottle to last a few months.
    Well put.

Ginger's Atomic Fireball was the flavor I tried at the "local" B&M that convinced me that vaping would work for me.
    I shared some GAF with an experienced mixer/supplier at the April New England Vapers meet.
    He said it is Cinnamon Red Hot. Exactly CRH

I already had 60ml from Ginger's but decided MBV price would be better than their expensive gourmet price so I got MBV CRH @ 18mg 80/20 +1
    MBV CRH made me cough every time on the first hit and sometimes on following hits but I got used to it.
    I mixed it down a guesstimated half a percent but it was still severe.

I read Face Meat's recipe thread for Atomic Fireball and he includes 1 drop of Ethyl Maltol per ml of CRH.
    He thinks that's likely to be the missing ingredient that makes GAF tolerable to me but not MBV CRH.

I "gave" the rest of my MBV CRH to a buddy so never got to try adding the EM to see if that's the difference.
    I still have about 40ml of my GAF and it's delicious but it'll last forever here as an occasional treat.

BIG TIME EDIT - I order all my MBV at 18mg 80/20 +1 except Strawberry I got at +2
    I mix my MBV & FW DIY at 18mg 70/30 and 11.5% to 12.5% but technically that's not MBV ejuice.
    My MBV reviews will all be premixed MBV ejuice at 18mg 80/20 +1 except where noted.
    Last edited by Mowgli; 06-17-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran ChaoticRamblings's Avatar

I'll add a couple while I have a moment.

Virginia Fire Cured Tobacco - +2 shots - 80pg/20vg - 24/36mg Nic: Tastes like a rich tobacco that has been roasted slowly over a fire and had the sugar sort of carmelize. A deep honey-ish tone to the flavor. Reminds me of Redman Chewing Tobacco. Love this stuff!

Ruby Red Grapefruit - +2 shots - 80pg/20vg - 18/24mg Nic: Nice, zingy flavor that is spot on to me. I love real RRG, so this is a definite 'win' to me.

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I'm trying to find the tobacco flavor that's as close to American cigarettes as possible (think Marlboro or Winston).

I got some RY4 (based on most popular + reviews) for my wife's friend and she hates it.
    She couldn't taste tobacco, only vanilla and maple or caramel.
    I'm mixing it with mocha to fill my wife's GS cartos but need something for her bff.

I tried USA Blend and think it tastes pretty good after a 100 year steep but don't think she'll like it.

I know there was just a discussion in the MBV main thread a few weeks ago but please save me some digging.
    This is the MBV flavor review thread after all.

Thanks

PV Master ECF Veteran Heden Aklowd's Avatar

ChaoticRamblings
    Fire Cured sounds good I'll add to my list of wanna trys.

Mowgli
    Rum Tobacco while not an American cigarette is a pretty tasty tobacco after 2 to 3 weeks.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Mowgli View Post
    I'm trying to find the tobacco flavor that's as close to American cigarettes as possible (think Marlboro or Winston).
    I have it coming in my Plume Room order and it's for my mom, but I hear PR's Marlboro Type (M-Type) is spot on for a Marlboro analog. Check out Spinfuel's review:
    The Plume Room eJuice Review | Spinfuel Magazine

I realize this is an MBV thread so I'm not sure if you were looking for an MBV specific flavor though.

ECF Veteran

pasted from one of my posts in the mtbakervapor thread

My recent MBV order included the following flavors, all steeped about 3 hours total in my ultrasonic, over the course of 3 days:

Butterscotch (6mg 65/35 +1 Flavor Shot) - A favorite that has earned a permanent spot in one of my tanks. This is one of my all-time favorite flavors, thus the 50ml size. Perhaps I'll do a 236ml next time.

Caramel Apple (6mg 65/35 +1 Flavor Shot) - After further steeping, the caramel is becoming a bit more prounounced instead of the apple dominating as much as it was in the beginning. The apple tends to be more prounounced at lower heat than higher, contrary to what I was seeing before when it was only about halfway steeped. Adding Cinnamon Roll or Butterscotch to this should enhance the carmel undertones & others have confirmed it's quite good that way. Looking forward to playing around with it.

Caramel Coffee (6mg 65/35 +2 Flavor Shots) - A nice dark coffee flavor with caramel undertones. Deep, rich coffee on the inhale and a bit more of the caramel on the exhale. Exquisite! Don't expect a rich in-your-face caramel with this one since, as I said, it's more of subtle undertone with the coffee dominating this flavor (at least at this point anyway, who knows if it may be different in a month). (Additional note added later: this one can tend to have that burnt coffee taste in a carto on a fixed-voltage device.)

Boom Choco-Latte (6mg 65/35 +1 Flavor Shot) - A nice creamy chocolate milkshake with ice cream. The chocolate is pretty good in this and doesn't taste artificial at all. Not quite as heavy as a desert vape but nice and creamy. Yummy! Vape at lower heat to get more milk and less chocolate, and vice versa.

Bananas Foster (6mg 65/35 +1 Flavor Shot) - A bit more comparison tasting is still being done on this one as I compare it to Ahlusion's Bananas Foster, but a more detailed review in which I can better talk about the nuances between these two flavors, i.e. more rum taste, more banana, etc. will be forthcoming shortly. Since Bananas Foster is one of my favorite desserts, I feel it deserves this level of attention.

Clove (12mg 65/35 +1 Flavor Shot) - Tasty on it's own (does taste more like the Djarum's of old than the ones of today). But add a shot of sweetener and it takes on a whole new yummy taste. While the flavor was still fresh in my atty I added 3 drops of A+'s Blueberry Vanilla Cake and yum, added a spicy note to the blueberry muffin I was munching on, erm I mean vaping on. Can see this as being a great flavor for mixing and DIY. I got this in 12mg like I do with only my tobacco flavors. I know this isn't a tobacco but because my analog of choice was Djarum Blacks, I'm treating it as such. I am also planning to try adding this to some of my tobaccos, including RY4, to satisfy the itch for a Djarum.

Ocean Breeze (6mg 65/35 no flavor shots)- I'm really liking this alot, and I don't have a lot of fruit only flavors in my stash yet. A nice crisp Pina Colada flavor. Yum yum!
    Last edited by CheriePie; 06-17-2013 at 11:19 AM.

ECF Veteran

+1 for Hawk Sauce.

Don't think I'd yet done any sort of reviews on the juices received in my 6/1 order (the review I posted earlier was for the 5/27 order) but I'm really enjoying Hawk Sauce too. To me, I think of Sweet Tarts when I vape it. When I first heard people throwing the word menthol around when referring to Hawk Sauce, it scared me off since I am NOT a fan! However, I don't get menthol from Hawk Sauce at all. If anything, just a very slight and refreshing mint might be the best way to describe it, and even then, it's definitely more of a back note instead of up-front and in-your-face. It's a nice, light fruity vape and perfect for the warmer weather. I definitely see a reorder of this in my future since it's taken up a permanent spot in one of my tanks.

Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?-baker-vapors.jpgHere is my Review: All Vaped on eGo C Twist and 2.5 ohm Kanger Protank set to 4.0 Volts. All the below Juices created CRAP LOADS of vapor! I was seriously impressed with the Amount of Vapor out of all of them. They all seemed to have a very decent throat hit too.

Rockstar +5 flavor shots, 50pg/50vg, all I can say is it is SPOT ON if you like Rockstar energy drinks and know the taste. Cannot begin to tell you what Rockstar tastes like. Fruity and a bit sour, yet a stiff aftertaste. They NAILED IT. I was afraid it would taste like a medicine .. but oh no... they got it down pat. Again, if you like Rockstar you would be a fool to pass this up!

Cherry Lime Aid +4 flavor shots, 50pg/50vg, Fruity, Vape as one would expect. I would like it better if it had more Cherry flavor, or if the Lime and Sour taste wasn't so overwhelming. Vaped it for a while, and got pretty thirsty. I liked it a lot, but I did like the Rockstar better. I could see myself vaping this in the morning because it had a very nice "Clean" feel to it as it filled my lungs. Perfect morning Vape to wake you up!

Chocolate Tobacco +3 flavor shots, 50pg/50vg, What can I say. Not bad, not good. Dull. I tasted Tobacco, a smooth American Cigarette blend for sure. Zero, Ziltch, no Chocolate. None, Nill, Nada .. I was pretty shocked. Switched to a brand new Atomizer, and still nothing. Don't get me wrong, if it was just a Tobacco, It would be Average. Typical Tobacco Vape. I was disappointed in the serious lack of Chocolate. I wouldn't bother with this one.

Almond Delight Free Bottle 0 flavor shots, 80pg/20vg (stock bottle freebie with purchase). Pleasantly surprised. Almond Flavor was pretty good. Personally, I don't care much for Almond but for what it was.. it was good. My wife tried it and really liked it. It does have a sweetness to it but not overwhelming. If you like Almond or Almond flavored Creamer in your coffee I think you would really like this. I would have never bought it for myself, but hey, I like trying new things. For what it is... it was really good!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyS View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baker Vapors.jpg 
Views:	5737 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	221672Here is my Review: All Vaped on eGo C Twist and 2.5 ohm Kanger Protank set to 4.0 Volts. All the below Juices created CRAP LOADS of vapor! I was seriously impressed with the Amount of Vapor out of all of them. They all seemed to have a very decent throat hit too.
    Tommy, were these right out of the mailbox, or did they have a chance to steep? I definitely got some chocolate and coconut along with the almond in a free bottle of Almond Delight that had been steeping for a few days. Maybe chocolate is one of those flavors that takes longer to assert itself?

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast