Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it? - Page 4
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree1376Likes

Thread: Mt Baker Vapor Flavor Reviews: What have you tried and what do you think of it?

Working through my first order with MBV.

Speed-seeped with UC for three hours, one hour break between sessions and caps off over night.

Butterscotch: +2 flavor, 50/50 pg/vg, I really see the potential here but I am getting a chemical initial taste that seems prevalent with the MBV fresh juices I ordered. I have noticed as the juice sits in my IGO-L the chemical taste and smell goes away after a couple of hours. I am inclined to think this is the alcohol still in the juice, so one night with the cap off might not be enough. I really want to like this juice and it is definitely vapable right now, but this one is "to be continued".

Maple Pecan: +1 flavor, 50/50, Holy cow - HOLY COW!!!! ERMAHGERD this is good. Pecan is mild to moderate with a sweet vanilla and caramel base. This is good enough to be an ADV but really shines with a coffee in the morning or after dinner. Taste profile is probably as close to pecan pie as you can get. Has a hearty sweetness but no chemical taste. Throat hit at 18mg is moderate, vapor is heavy out of my IGO-L, and aftertaste is spot on sweet pecan pie. A very slight zing on your tongue, similar to the zing you get when eating real pecans, might fatigue the tongue after a few hours though. Anyone else as in love with this one as I am?

What are your thoughts on the chemical taste to the butterscotch? I just sampled Thug Juice and Solar Flare and get that same chemical taste. Is it something that goes away with seeping or is it better fixed with top off, shaking occasionally?

IAMJACK'SSMIRKINGREVENGE Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CWayne121 View Post
    What are your thoughts on the chemical taste to the butterscotch? I just sampled Thug Juice and Solar Flare and get that same chemical taste. Is it something that goes away with seeping or is it better fixed with top off, shaking occasionally?
    D.) All of the above for Butterscotch. Don't give up on it. It gets better all the time.

I have a 35 watt UC that I jiggle juice with for hours. Caps off overnight. Shake when I feel like it.
    Very informal but when the color deepens it's all worth while.
    Yum

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for your review CWayne, I've been planning to try that Maple Pecan, and Butter Pecan too. Hopefully I'll get around to it next order from them!

Butterscotch needs steeping! Not sure if UC can handle that one, or if it needs real time steeping, but I know after 2-3 weeks the flavor changes a lot, and after that it only gets better (Unless it disappears and you need to order a new bottle )

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by TommyS View Post
    Thanks for the advice CheriePie! Very good advice! I wouldn't have guessed a longer steep time would be required due to the extra flavor shots. Thanks for the info on the ultrasonic cleaner too. My wife actually has one for her rings and stuff. Its a cold water ultrasonic cleaner. No heat, does that matter? Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneface View Post
    You can just put hot tap water in your UC. It will not hurt anything, and it should stay warm throughout your multiple steep cycles (it does in mine). You can remove the caps and dripper tops too...just make sure the bottles will not tip over (wrap a rubber band around your bottles and then put them in a small plastic bag that just fits snugly to the bottles).
    Yup, what Stoneface said is exactly how I do it as well. The only time I really use the heater in mine is when I'm reusing water that I used the previous day, to heat it back up again, otherwise just hot tap water and you're good to go. I also do the ziplock baggie and/or rubber band thing to keep all my labels intact.

In the larger unit I have now, the plastic bottles tend to float to the top instead of staying put on the bottom, especially if there's not some larger size or glass bottles in there with it, but that's okay too, in this case, a well-sealed ziplock will keep the water out even if the bottles aren't sitting up straight.

Have fun with it, and let us know how it goes.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by CWayne121 View Post
    Working through my first order with MBV.

Speed-seeped with UC for three hours, one hour break between sessions and caps off over night.

Butterscotch: +2 flavor, 50/50 pg/vg, I really see the potential here but I am getting a chemical initial taste that seems prevalent with the MBV fresh juices I ordered. I have noticed as the juice sits in my IGO-L the chemical taste and smell goes away after a couple of hours. I am inclined to think this is the alcohol still in the juice, so one night with the cap off might not be enough. I really want to like this juice and it is definitely vapable right now, but this one is "to be continued".

Maple Pecan: +1 flavor, 50/50, Holy cow - HOLY COW!!!! ERMAHGERD this is good. Pecan is mild to moderate with a sweet vanilla and caramel base. This is good enough to be an ADV but really shines with a coffee in the morning or after dinner. Taste profile is probably as close to pecan pie as you can get. Has a hearty sweetness but no chemical taste. Throat hit at 18mg is moderate, vapor is heavy out of my IGO-L, and aftertaste is spot on sweet pecan pie. A very slight zing on your tongue, similar to the zing you get when eating real pecans, might fatigue the tongue after a few hours though. Anyone else as in love with this one as I am?

Butterscotch at 65/35 with only 1 flavor shot is pretty much vapeable right away. But with the 2 shots and 50% VG it's going to take a little longer for the flavors to meld, though I'm surprised 3 hours in the UC didn't take care of that for you. The Butterscotch is so strong already that I find the one shot to be plenty but I know many people do like it with 2 as well. My best guess though is that it needs a bit more cap-off steeping (in a dark place) and it'll get there eventually.

Never tried the Maple Pecan so I can't comment as to that but glad to hear you're enjoying it so much. I do have it down on my list to eventually try once I whittle my way through a few more of my juices.

PV Master ECF Veteran Heden Aklowd's Avatar

Got my latest order last night. All 65/35 24mg (switched from 80/20 of past orders).
    Teaberry +4 Tastes good but flavor a little weak. Hopefully it will get stronger once it's aged.
    Ocean breeze +4 Mostly coconut now as expected based on reviews.
    Robb +4 (didn't have Hawk Sauce so I thought I'd give this a try) Tasty, but I prefer the Hawk Sauce on day 1. I'll see what this turns into in time.
    Root Beer +4 Still have some of my first batch left so I won't try this for a while.
    Havana (free sample) Waiting at least 2 weeks to try.
    Last edited by Heden Aklowd; 06-23-2013 at 07:07 AM.

My Mt Baker experience...
    Udderly Nuts-(Peanut Butter Milkshake) This is my favorite from MBV. It has become my go to juice.
    Honey Dew-My wife's favorite.
    America-I got this as a free sample. I'm not much for fruit flavors,but I like this. Lemonade with a few fruits that I can't quite figure out.
    Maple Pecan-On a scale of 1-10 I give this one a 7.
    ineapple/PePach-Again, I've never been big on fruity flavors, but MBV is changing my mind on them. This is tasy too.
    Bananas Foster-Let this one sit a couple weeks and it gets pretty good.
    French Vanilla-ehh.Can take it or leave it.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
    Got my latest order last night. All 65/35 24mg (switched from 80/20 of past orders).
    Teaberry +4 Tastes good but flavor a little weak. Hopefully it will get stronger once it's aged.
    Ocean breeze +4 Mostly coconut now as expected based on reviews.
    Robb +4 (didn't have Hawk Sauce so I thought I'd give this a try) Tasty, but I prefer the Hawk Sauce on day 1. I'll see what this turns into in time.
    Root Beer +4 Still have some of my first batch left so I won't try this for a while.
    Havana (free sample) Waiting at least 2 weeks to try.
    I can't speak specifically to MBV's Teaberry, but it seems Tea flavors in general take a little longer to steep. Not quite as long as a NET but definitely longer than fruit and most bakery flavors. I have a couple tea flavors from other vendors and I've actually done as long as a 3-4 week steep on some of them to get them to the taste I'm looking for.

PV Master ECF Veteran Heden Aklowd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
    I can't speak specifically to MBV's Teaberry, but it seems Tea flavors in general take a little longer to steep. Not quite as long as a NET but definitely longer than fruit and most bakery flavors. I have a couple tea flavors from other vendors and I've actually done as long as a 3-4 week steep on some of them to get them to the taste I'm looking for.
    Teaberry isn't a tea. It's the berries of the wintergreen plant. It's called teaberry because the leaves were used as a substitute for tea. A hard to describe flavor to someone that hasn't had the gum or ice cream.
    It has already gotten stronger & they did a good job getting the flavor right.
    I vaped some with a bowl of teaberry ice cream last night. Yum Yum.
    Last edited by Heden Aklowd; 06-23-2013 at 06:56 PM.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Teaberry tastes like pink Necco candies, or Pepto Bismol = Awesomesauce!

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast