Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: mouth sores why now?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I find that I also get them when using juices from certain vendors, and so I have limited my vendors. A suggestion for treatment that has really helped me is Orajel anticeptic rinse.

Best wishes--I feel your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by bjannr View Post
    It took me a while, but I made the connection with certain vendors juices and mouth sores.
    Halo TruePure, GLV2SM. IKV Fusions & I06
    Smoke-free since 1 Sept. 2010
    Choose to be happy!

2. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran

B12 is your friend. I use the sublingual dots when I get the sores, the dots are kind of tasty also.

4. Advertisement
    Super Member ECF Veteran

I get a sore tongue whenever I vape juices with cinnamon..fried apple I believe has it as an ingredient cuz that does it also. Also happens if I have a spitting carto which gets hot juice on my tongue.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The 2 most popular flavors of mouth sores are a Herpes virus (not THAT one, just a less embarrassing but nevertheless annoying relative) and something called "apthous ulcers" that are mysterious, meaning that doctors mumble and aren't sure if they are or not, but think if they say "apthous" you'll be impressed.

The main difference, from a practical standpoint is that the herpes ones are caused by a virus, and can be controlled with acyclovir if they're inside your mouth, and on the outside, over-the-counter Abreva actually works better than acyclovir, for reasons that are mysterious.

Lots of people have the virus, and it can lie dormant for years, decades, and then appear for any or no reason, though stress, emotional or mouthical - as in the dentist visit, where they're pulling on your lips, etc, is notorious for causing flare-ups.

If you tell the dentist you get them, she will just start giving you some acyclovir along with your new toothbrush every time you go.

So the easiest thing to do is to hope it's the virus one, say you think it is, and ask for acyclovir.

Now this is not particularly comforting, but the acyclovir will not necessarily just stop the current attack in its tracks. It can, however, lessen the duration, and it will definitely make Mr Herpes think twice before he pops up again - for a while.

If you have the virus, and it begins acting up, the best way to keep it out of your life is take a course of acyclovir 3-4 times a year for the rest of your life.

If it's apthous ulcers, and NOT Herpes, then the acyclovir will have no effect on it whatsoever, and you will need to ask for steroids.

Of course, if you have diabetes, you can only have topical steroids, not swallow-pill ones, so you're SOL, unless it's outside on your lips, which apthous ulcers seldom, if ever, are.

Either way, ask for a little bottle of lidocaine you can dab on with a Q-tip to control the pain.

There are also special mouthwashes you can get, that are very expensive. The active ingredient almost all of them have in common is called hydrogen peroxide.

You can also buy one of those expensive mouthwashes, or you can buy a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for 50 cents at the CVS, mix it with water yourself, and use the $20 you saved to buy more juice or a backup electric hookah-doodle for your Unscheduled Zombie Attack Preparedness Kit (2 if you get them at vapors etc or litecigusa)
    Last edited by lolady; 08-02-2011 at 04:04 AM.
    xandra47 likes this.

Where are the mouth sores? I am just speculating here, but I would imagine that if you accidentally got some liquid on your tongue or in your mouth that might cause sores. If they are uclers could be from lack of sleep like someone else said. If I was you I try to get some good sleep in, and take some vitamin D and C (or get a good dose of sunlight), eat well, and they'll clear up in no time. Oh and plenty of water...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I get mouth sores from vaping cinnamon juices. I love Atomic Cinnacide, but it wrecks my mouth.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Alac View Post
    Like stated...

New Juice vendor?
    Higher PG count?
    New flavor? (cinamin, clove, menthol...)
    Higher voltage?
    Lower resistance carto/atty?
    Splashing more juice in your mouth (leaky cart, overfilling, etc)?

Did you finally give up the Analogs?

Or....
    Change toothpaste, mouthwash, other oral hygene products? (some contain things that aggrovate mouth sores)
    Eating more spicy food?
    Eating faster then normal?
    Dehydrated?

Only a small list of what could be causing it.
    I'll add to that eating an above normal amount of acidic foods (citrus fruits, tomatoes, vinegar).

ECF Moderator
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

...tastier mouth rinse...1/4 hydrogen peroxide (otc) and 3/4 any mouthwash.....

I use Oraljel for the pain and Colgate Peroxyl rinse to hasten the healing process. It's a pretty good combination.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

A strong, warm salt water mix works for me. I usually get them on the insides of my cheeks. I stopped using alot of the juice from the vendor that seemed to cause them. Also if I vape before ssleeping, I make sure I drink water. Haven't had any sores for a while.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast