Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Best equipment or technique for 100% VG vaper?

Super Member ECF Veteran sammy43's Avatar

Question Best equipment or technique for 100% VG vaper?

Recently starting vaping and found out that my wife and I will be using 100% VG juice. She had a bad reaction to the PG juices we got but does just fine when vaping the all VG juices. I don't have the reaction to PG but since we are sharing equipment I don't want traces of PG that may cause her the reactions again so I am sticking with the VG only as well.

We have a couple of RN4081 PV's (Smokefree brand) with a couple attys and a handful of cartos. The attys are getting clogged up after less than a week of vaping with the VG. The cartos are holding up better and seem to offer a better experience overall.

A few members suggested thinning the VG with distilled water, vodka or grain alcohol to help with wicking. Haven't tried this yet as we only have two 10ml bottles of VG and I don't want to goof it up before we get more juice.

My question: Is there a better technique or PV setup that is preferred for 100% VG vaping? Dripping and then cleaning attys? Clearomizers on higher voltage or variable voltage PV's? Tank style setups? LR cartos? Mods?

2. Advertisement
    Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

im also vaping 100% vg right now and what i have found works best for at this time is dripping on LR atty with my silver bullet (3.7v i believe)..produces lots of vapor and good throat hit, havent found a good carto that works well with 100%VG yet but i havent tried to many as im pretty new to this
    lasttango and BůmLůng like this.

4. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use all vg in carto tanks. I thin with 15-20 drops of distilled water per 10 mL sometimes but find that it's mostly unnecessary with tanks. Mostly I thin for easier transferring of the liquid with a tipped syringe rather than for carto perormance. I don't notice a significant difference in the performance of the juice as far as flavor or vapor.
    mrjaguar likes this.

Buzz ~ Buzz Pro ~ SaberTouch 5VR/PT
    *Denali*

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

what kind of atomizers are you using for your 100% vg juices? i find 510s to be much easier to use.. as it seems like VG is too thick for 306's.. but 306's are my atty of choice. so just curious i guess

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have 2 setups at different voltages and don't thin my juice, 100% VG. For 3.7 and 4.2V the 2.4-2.6 ohm fluxomizer deluxe from got vapes is great. For 4.8V (puck mod) the smoktek 2.5 ohm carto works well. Both give a cool vape with lots of vapor, preserving the taste. I am not a fan of warm vapor. But thats just me. Your taste may differ. Mid range attys work also, I just don't like to drip except when mixing new flavors.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't usually drip and the only 100%vg juice I use is Gorillajuice and Boba's Bounty and Honeyflu from Liquid Express and so far the LR cartos hold up really well, I have used 1 LR carto for about 3wks before it starts getting weak Don't know why the LR cartos do better but it does for me anyway. Good Luck and Happy Vaping

ECF Moderator
    CASAA Liaison Moderator
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My roommate vapes 100% VG on his Go-Go PV. He just uses the Go-Go cartos on it, and has had the same 5 cartos for almost 2 months now! (He uses no flavors either, so that may make a difference).

I also use a Go-Go, but have a couple of Go-Go to 510 adapters, and so I have the whole world of 510 stuff at my disposal.

The Go-Go batt is awesome - I put some Resurrectors on there this week and WOW! 3.7v Flavor & Vapor craziness going on (and not at the price of a mod!).

Super Member ECF Veteran

I've found my best vaping setup for vg so far is with a CE2 aka fluxomiser with a simple mod. With the XL size you can hold up to 1.8ml of liquid, and if you simply take out the inner seal and snip the existing slots a little larger into /\ shapes or if you're ultra lazy, turn it upside down, it wicks vg with no hassle at all and performs well.

The biggest plus for these is that the heating coil is at the top of the device so it gives a much better heat and flavour experience. The other big one is that it's a (best to me) successful tank style system that reliably works with vg.

I have cartomisers (510 and 808), ego mega dual coil cartomisers, dual coil cartomisers, atomisers (ego-T normal and LR, 510 normal and LR) and hve tried a G4 (similar to CE3) and one of those weird filler clearos I can't remember the name of now. With all of those, I'm convinced the CE2 is the best solution for me in terms of throat hit, flavour and portability as the other types aren't portable enough for me or have serious problems with VG use.

They also last a fair while if you take care of them. None of mine have stopped working, I accidentally broke the wick or pulled the wires out messing with them after 3 months of constant use or more (by constant I mean 3ml a day). It's a simple dry burn and wash to clean them and they are almost as good as new. As sturdy as an atomiser almost but you get 5 of them for the same price as an atomiser. Good deal to me.

There's a lot of negative reviews on CE2s but for me it outshines anything I own to put on my ego by a very long way for VG. If I used PG, things could be different as I'd have tried more tank systems but because wicking is always an issue, a CE2 is the perfect solution.
    Last edited by leftfeild; 10-18-2011 at 09:41 AM.
    x-smok3, scalewiz and Lambch3p like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by leftfeild View Post
    I've found my best vaping setup for vg so far is with a CE2 aka fluxomiser with a simple mod. With the XL size you can hold up to 1.8ml of liquid, and if you simply take out the inner seal and snip the existing slots a little larger into /\ shapes or if you're ultra lazy, turn it upside down, it wicks vg with no hassle at all and performs well.

The biggest plus for these is that the heating coil is at the top of the device so it gives a much better heat and flavour experience. The other big one is that it's a (best to me) successful tank style system that reliably works with vg.

I have cartomisers (510 and 808), ego mega dual coil cartomisers, dual coil cartomisers, atomisers (ego-T normal and LR, 510 normal and LR) and hve tried a G4 (similar to CE3) and one of those weird filler clearos I can't remember the name of now. With all of those, I'm convinced the CE2 is the best solution for me in terms of throat hit, flavour and portability as the other types aren't portable enough for me or have serious problems with VG use.

They also last a fair while if you take care of them. None of mine have stopped working, I accidentally broke the wick or pulled the wires out messing with them after 3 months of constant use or more (by constant I mean 3ml a day). It's a simple dry burn and wash to clean them and they are almost as good as new. As sturdy as an atomiser almost but you get 5 of them for the same price as an atomiser. Good deal to me.

There's a lot of negative reviews on CE2s but for me it outshines anything I own to put on my ego by a very long way for VG. If I used PG, things could be different as I'd have tried more tank systems but because wicking is always an issue, a CE2 is the perfect solution.
    +1 on Fluxomizers (Gotvapes) the only difference in use that I do is discard the inner plug and use the thin center plug, groove side down against the cup. I tried trimming the slots and had more leaking. Massive vapor and flavor with 100% VG.
    leftfeild likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I vape 100% VG only and use Boge LR carto's in a carto tank. The VG I buy is thinned for me by the vendor and they even add extra flavor to compensate for the distilled water used to thin. My carto's last a long time with this e-liquid. I think it also matters what flavorings are used, as many complain that the darker liquids clog things faster. Even the coffee and chocolate flavors I buy from my supplier are almost clear, so this has never been an issue for me either. I think it really depends on what (or who's) e-liquids you are using.
    PAP's & Zen's.....all dressed up with Bedazzle Quartz Tubes & beautiful Beautiful Drip Tips of course!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast