Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Authentic Joyetech eGo C versus knock off eG C - Prices

Unregistered Supplier

If I was in your situation, I'd get some CE2 clearomizers. They contain no filler. (I'm not a fan of the Ego-T tank system, although the batteries are fine.) Not sure where the best place is to get them.

Super Member ECF Veteran

In a free market economy price is set at what the market will bear. There is no gouging.
    nansc and Angi2299 like this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

@chaos-7

Hi Chaos, I am in Real Estate. I sell new construction homes & condos. In a hot market we raise the prices to what the market will bear, even tho the product does not justify it. YES IT IS "PRICE GOUGING"! I know marketing. End of story!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wouldnt say they are fake,but mostly rebranded.

Plenty of evidences,people have gutted them.

@Sweeney Todd

Thank you for the heads up on the CE2 clearomizers. I have no idea where to get them either? I will try and find them.
    I agree that the ego fake batteries are great. I am concerned about the exploding ones. Were they fake? Are the chargers made to our North American safety regulations along with the batteries??? These are the important questions
    that need to be answered. Herein where the problem lays. Sellers looking for deals with China manufacturers do pretty much all their homework via the internet, since flying out to China is such a costly undertaking.

So yes, they & we can be fooled. Anyone can write anything on a piece of paper. But has anyone INSPECTED the manufacturing premises to ensure that these Fake manufacturers are actually complying with USA & Canadian safety standards!!!???

@martinc

Hi Martinc, the operative word in your reply is "mostly", which clearly supports "not all". So yes, we do have to be diligent in exposing the fact that NOT ALL are rebranded. And that is where the problem lays. Who do we trust to manufacture their products according to USA & Canadian safety standards???

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yeah,and dont forget,people dont always tell the whole story

Those bad specs chargers,were they bought from a local reseller,or brought direct from China?

Indeed if they were bought from a reseller,he might have had a good dose of wake the frak up!

And this is why I trust my dear resellers,they are vapors like you and me and are actually testing and using their own products,so much that when new stuff comes in,they feels compelled to try it 1st,not just shove into inventory and wait for sales!

@martinc

You make two very good points!
    And from what I understand from the other thread re: explosive batts, the person did state she/he trusted her seller & she/he even took pics of the batts & posted them.

Sometimes the seller is lackadaisical & simply buys into the manufacturers promise of his product meeting our North American standards of safety, rather than going that extra mile to ensure all is in fact true. The seller must ask for manufacturing "specs" & not just accept some stamp on the user manual.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeMiss View Post
    @chaos-7

Hi Chaos, I am in Real Estate. I sell new construction homes & condos. In a hot market we raise the prices to what the market will bear, even tho the product does not justify it. YES IT IS "PRICE GOUGING"! I know marketing. End of story!

Apparently, you do not understand it very well. You have contradicted yourself. High demand equals higher prices. End of story. Vaping, like real estate, is not a necessity of life. You will not starve, freeze or otherwise die if you don't buy a house 200 sq ft larger.

You really need to read a book on economics. What you consider high prices does not constitute price gouging.

Again, all you are doing is name calling of suppliers. People whom offer a product at a price. Take it or leave it. No gouging at all.

Here's an idea. Name the suppliers you think are price gouging. That way, when they see your name on an order, they can exercise their right to not sell to you. In the meantime, the rest of us that see no issue will continue to participate in a free market economy and buy into that capitalist dream.

FYI, real estate agent fees are price gouging. Never met a real estate agent that didn't rip off a seller or misrepresent a property to a buyer just to make a buck.

Does feel good to have your profession insulted, does it?

[QUOTE=Toronnah;5308015] You really need to read a book on economics. What you consider high prices does not constitute price gouging.

Toronnah, ... does reading a book have to do with the reality of "Price Gouging"? Seriously what!!!???

If our builders, car manufacturers or anyone selling any item, wants to create a FALSE supply and demand, they will use what ever means possible. And the best way to do that is "Hype". I should know, I was crowned "Queen of Hype" back in the 80's.

Now, are you trying to tell me that reading a book on economics is going to determine what I have to do to create that "hype". I should say not!!! Until you work in that industry, then all you have to bring to the table is talk & books, which does not bring in the big bucks.......talk to people in that line of work. Show them your economics books and they will laugh you out of the business.

Getting back to the actual reality of true costs. For the sake of argument, lets continue to use housing. The true value of a house is clearly written on the Tax Assessment roll. Just bcos a person wants to "OVER PAY" for a property during a bidding war, does NOT mean that a bank will finance the purchase. Why? Bcos that is NOT the true value of the property. A bank appraiser is sent out to evaluate the property. The buyer has to have a heft down payment to make that "bidding war property" dream a reality. The banks will not lend monies over & above the "true value" of the property, no matter how much more the buyers are prepared to pay. The buyers need to increase their down payment.

I'm sorry, but I am not expressing myself very well right now. My mind is on two important issues. My friends daughter, whom I have known since she was 3 yrs old, has FINALLY been diagnosed with a very rare disorder. Only 70 people on the planet suffer from Mitochondrial neurogastrointestinal encephalopathy (MNGIE). Cristina's body is starving her to death!
    And I just returned from hospital tests for my own health issues. I have a lot on my plate right now & my brains are on numb mode, and I sound very unprofessional right now, yet I still have to find a "safe & poly filler free" ecig for my 87 yr old mom & myself due to our poor lungs. If you don't mind, I no longer wish to debate the issue of "price gouging" of e-cigs, that sell for under $5.00 wholesale and are being sold for $70+ dollars retail. It's price gouging.....plain & simple. $30 - $40. is a reasonable mark-up for them.

Maybe you can help: Cristina has been on our local news yesterday & today. The only thing that can help us save Cristina's life is a bone marrow transplant. Pls read Cristina's story in link below and pass to all you know. For Cristina's sake.
    Thank you!

Helping Cristina - A Canadian - US - Italian Bone Marrow Donor Drive

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast