Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: "freezing" juice?

PV Master ECF Veteran kinabaloo's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MidnighToker View Post
    So you say...
    Not heard of chest freezers? The big ones people have in the garage etc.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kinabaloo View Post
    This will be interesting. If after a few days, and warming up before use, it seems as good as normal, then the prospects are good for this as a longer term option. Particularly as people generally have more freezer space than fridge space.

Let us know how it goes ...

Steve_tdo - if you have a small 5ml plastic bottle to try for a few days it would be good to have a second result

Yeah I'll throw some in tonight.

it is great i just did it and my peach tastes more like peach....its kool to put it in the freezer....

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default refrigerate?

Quote Originally Posted by SharonLM View Post
    Our own Jaax from Juicy Liquid is the first to answer of 7 different companies I wrote. I'm going to post exactly what he wrote and what I wrote:

I wrote:

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Sharon XXXX
    <only1way2thecross@gmail.com> wrote:
    Email: XXXX

------------------------------------------------------

I'm hoping you can help as I've ordered from you in the past. There's quite
    a discussion going on in one of the e-cig forums and we're all wondering if
    it's advisable to store our liquids in a refrigerator. Especially during
    these summer months. Many of us don't have air conditioning and it's
    difficult to find a cool place. Some have told us that refrigerating
    liquids will cause them to go bad. I thought rather than take an
    individuals advice, I'd just write the company and inquire.

Any help at all will be truly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Sharon XXXXXXX

I might add, Jaax and his wife live very close to me.

His Answer:

Simple. If you have more than a 3 months supply or so, go ahead and refrigerate it. No issue.

The enemy of eliquid is light and air. So keeping it in a tightly sealed container in a cool dark place is the best bet.

Light can cause strange chemical reactions (see posts about Johnson Creek "green" liquid) and air reacts with nicotine (depletes it.)

Jaaxx

ETA: I'm still deciding and will wait for more answers. I truly believe Sun is trying hard to help us avert the loss he experienced.
    I've got about 400mls in my standard GE double door refrig. some of it's been in there 4-5 months. Most of it is from Ruyan and Eastmall. It still tastes as good as the day I got it. I know on days when I carry it outdoors in my pocket,and have some left, on occasion it will taste slightly vinegar like the next day. So my thoughts are: cold=good hot=bad
    Chuck

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kinabaloo View Post
    Not heard of chest freezers? The big ones people have in the garage etc.
    Actually have a 5' stand up freezer in the garage, but the wife managed to fill that one too...

I think I'm going to break my liter+ up into smaller portions, get some amber jars for them, to block the light, and put some in the fridge, some in a cabinet.
    "A government is like fire, a handy servant, but a dangerous master." - George Washington
    "If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal." - Emma Goldman

Super Member ECF Veteran

I'll unfreeze my bottle of coffee flavored tomorrow and let you know how it taste.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I can't tell if people are doing this, doing it without knowing it's a good idea or what. So, if you're going to store in a fridge or freezer, put the bottles in another container so when you remove them, the condensation will form on the outer container and not the bottle itself. Old camera trick.

Edit: And of course let it come to room temp before you open the outer container.
    Last edited by fjames; 07-25-2009 at 02:47 AM.

I feel that when i do it, I get more of a throat hit..... Plus there is more of a crisp flavor....

Another thing... I have 2ml in a syringe and when i fill it with that it doesn't taste that great (its in the freezer to)... So out of the dropper bottle and pulling the stuffin n filling the cart a lil first it gives good taste.... I don't know but that's just me.... Anyone Else???

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Better solution

Ok, I am new to this, but have a neighbor who is not. Here is his solution for no AC in hot climates. He uses a cooler. He has about 500 mils or so of juice. He is usung a cheap plastic cooler from walmart that is designed to hold a 12-pack of soda. He also has 2 gel freezer packs. These are the kind you would freeze over night and put in your lunchbox to keep your lunch cool. THey are about 6 inches square and 1 inch thick. THis is now it works. He keeps all but the bottle he is using in the bottom of the cooler. He puts one frozen gel pack on top with a washrag in between so as not to get any of the bottles too cold. Every morning he switches the gel packs. He has been taking temps 4 times a day for the last week just to test. He has been averaging 62 degrees pretty constant. This may work for all who need a cheap solution.

Note: It has been over 100 degrees here for the last 9 days. And his cooler is still keeping 62 degree average.

***Of all the things I have lost...I think I miss my mind the most***

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast