Page 3 of 2124 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
Like Tree70486Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VapRon View Post
    Right now I am using the P18 with brass top and button. That looks so slick. It is my favorite. With the 18650's it gives me enough. The second one is the P+18500 in satin finish. Love that one also. Use it for around and about. The last one is the Shockwave. Is still in production but should arrive soon. Can hardly wait The design was done about one year ago but Super-T just got to the production phase shortly ago. Was to busy meeting our other needs hihi.
    And those combined with the Genisis is vaping heaven for me.
    I started on atty dripping but I blew them in one day. Inexperience played a big role in that.
    Went on to cartomizer. Well they worked for max 3 days and then got all clogged up. I tried all kind of cleaning procedures as posted by so many. Nothing helped. I was getting devastated.
    Then the first Tanks gome along. Reviews report leaking over and over so I decided to wait until that improves.
    Then the Genisis appiers here at ECF. Wow rebuilable atty. My dream.
    Now I can set whatever ohm I want. Use a kick and I don't even have to care about that
    The great thing is that since I am not using the kick always I set varios ohms for varios needs like taking the flavors ino account.
    Of course that can only be done with more then one Genisis. I have 4 and all in use.
    And talking about savings. As cheap cartomizers are they can't beat a sheet of mesh with a roll of kanthal.
    Guess one can see how excited I am with my setup.
    In the end it does not really matter which mod you use as long as it keeps us of the cigarets. That I wish for anyone.
    Sounds good Vapron. So the Genisis is just a rebuildable atty? Do you drip it or use a cartridge with it. I thought it was a tank of some sort.
    Does the P-18 have the button on top? If it is was it easy to get used to having the button in that spot? I bought a Kick to use on my Indulgence wood mod but it didn't fit right so I sold it in the classies in about two minutes. It worked really good though but with the Indulgence it was hard to get the proper shim and to remove it to adjust it. I might get another later though because they are pretty cool if you have the right pv with them.
    VapRon likes this.
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

Blog Entries

Hello Apple

glad you aren't lurking anymore
    old hippy, nansc and brown study like this.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by my4jewels View Post
    Nice to meet you, Apple. That's great that you're totally off the ciggies now.

Thank you. I enjoy reading your posts

Blog Entries

Today after work I get to see what I can do with the DIY stuff that is waiting for me.

Even gonna try some Dr. Pepper

Glad I get off at 4PDT

got a couple of tobacco flavors some PG and VG and the Dr Pepper

rubbing hands together and making weird noises.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJack View Post
    Hi everyone. Been lurking in the other thread for sometime now and thought I would introduce myself. Have been a smoker for over 50 yrs and vaped and smoked for three. Recently had a stroke and was told "no more ciggies". My neurologist recommended e-cigs. That was doable for me and here I am two months and 19 days without an analog and getting along just fine with the help of my Saber Touch and Chuck and WTA. You are a great group and I love the stories you tell.
    Glad you made yourself visable Applejack. I knew someone was lurking in the shadows. lol Welcome to the group and congrats on getting off the cigarettes for good but sorry it took a stroke to get you all the way over. You can be a great example for others on the journey. So were you smoking more than vaping for the three years you were doing both?
    old hippy and VapRon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elbertdee View Post
    Today after work I get to see what I can do with the DIY stuff that is waiting for me.

Even gonna try some Dr. Pepper

Glad I get off at 4PDT

got a couple of tobacco flavors some PG and VG and the Dr Pepper

rubbing hands together and making weird noises.
    I am a Dr Pepper addict and drink about a six pack a day of DP 10 for men. lol I also vape Dr Pepper some. Some of it does taste like the drink too. In fact I think I will fill me a carto of it being as i haven't vaped any in sometime!
    AngelVapor likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by txtumbleweed View Post
    I am a Dr Pepper addict and drink about a six pack a day of DP 10 for men. lol I also vape Dr Pepper some. Some of it does taste like the drink too. In fact I think I will fill me a carto of it being as i haven't vaped any in sometime!
    Well I used to put down 6 or 10 cans of DP a day. then I had to slow down because of the Type 2 diabetes.
    Still drink a diet DP at times

Figured I might get my DP fix without the sugar.

Ill let ya know.
    jomcc26 likes this.
    Elbert aka Pinkie

ECF Veteran

Sounds good Vapron. So the Genisis is just a rebuildable atty? Do you drip it or use a cartridge with it. I thought it was a tank of some sort.
    Does the P-18 have the button on top? If it is was it easy to get used to having the button in that spot? I bought a Kick to use on my Indulgence wood mod but it didn't fit right so I sold it in the classies in about two minutes. It worked really good though but with the Indulgence it was hard to get the proper shim and to remove it to adjust it. I might get another later though because they are pretty cool if you have the right pv with them.
    Ja thats me trying to explain something
    It is kind of a tank system. Mine is feed from the top meaning the bottle is above the wick and the liquid is feed down.
    Now that sounds like "it must leak!!" but it does not. I do not know or understand why that is and will let someone more competent explain that The bottle holds 1.5 ml and is very easy to change. I have 10 bottles which I fill before bedtime so the next day it is just changing the bottle. Very convienient. I guess I could drip with it but that I have not tried yet.

The P18 & P+500 have both push buttons on the bottom. I was first concerned about that because many had said they do not like it. Mind you many of them did not even have one I took the plunge and found out that I have no problem at all with that.

I like the kick but it is not that I would not get around without it. But nice to have never less.

Will post some picture later of my mods with the Genisis. Just have to make them first. Have to use the iPad since my camera said goodby a few weeks ago

Smoke free since Mai 22/2011

ECF Veteran

Glad you made yourself visable Applejack. I knew someone was lurking in the shadows. lol Welcome to the group and congrats on getting off the cigarettes for good but sorry it took a stroke to get you all the way over. You can be a great example for others on the journey. So were you smoking more than vaping for the three years you were doing both?

Guess I just needed that extra push. Boy, did I get it. I went from 30 analogs to 10 with vaping. I find a lot of motivation by being on ECF. Seeing everyone's success is very encouraging.
    txtumbleweed, nansc and dorkpixie like this.

Hello,
    just wanted to stop in and Hi (since it's easier to find). I usually post in the middle age thread, but I think new members would find it here easier. I've never looked in the lounge since being a member!
    To keep on topic, I'll try not to talk about fishing,grandchildren,or what restaurant the wife and I are going to eat at.
    So, I was a smoker for about 35 years and could not quit no matter what I tried. That is until I found vaping.
    As usual I started with what I thought I needed,something that felt,looked, even juice that tasted like a cig. Then moved on to a Kgo battery after endless charging of the cig style. Also found I didn't want the cig flavor.