Page 1 of 2124 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast
Like Tree70486Likes

Thread: Older Folks and Vaping

Resting In Peace ECF Veteran txtumbleweed's Avatar

Default Older Folks and Vaping

I thought I would start a thread mostly for older folks but everyone is welcome. It is primarily to help longtime smokers to get off cigarettes and stay off by sharing our vaping experiences. Most everyone reading this has already started vaping so our goal is to support one another and help those beginning the vaping journey.

I have been vaping 2 1/2 years after smoking off and on for 60 years. I inhaled my first cigarette at 10 and by the time I was 15 I was smoking a pack a day. I've struggled with quitting smoking for 30 years and discovering the e-cig and vaping has been a life saver for me. I was diagnosed with COPD about seven years ago and my health was deteriorating rather quickly with loss of breath and coughing continuously. Since I started vaping my health has improved tremendously so that is why I'm so adamant about helping others make the same decision.

I have been vaping for 2 1/2 years but I'm far from an expert on vaping equipment but I have tried most devices or similar ones out there so I do have an opinion on most of them. We are all different when it comes to vaping and one thing doesn't work for all in fact very few of us will settle on using the same juices and PV's. That is what makes having a thread that we can discuss all e-cig related stuff without arguing about what is best is a good thing.

I have found that most of us older folks and long time smokers like the no muss no fuss PV's especially in the beginning. We would like to hear all of your stories and vaping experiences and what devices you started with and your journey to what you use now.

Us older folks do like to socialize along with our vaping but we need to keep this thread mostly about vaping or it will be moved to a social forum. We do have another thread in the Lounge Forum that is both social and vaping related. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...ple-55-up.html

I hope this thread is a success in helping others along the vaping trail!
    This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

2. Advertisement
    Supplier Associate ECF Veteran BHam's Avatar

I love these threads where we can lean on one another and talk about our struggles and how we keep going on. I've been vaping for about a year and I love it. I can breathe better and having my asthma under control now feels great. Thanks for starting this. I'll represent the younger crowd LOL. I am 21 going on 22 in a few months.
    VapRon, my4jewels, jch419 and 19 others like this.

4. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by BHam View Post
    I love these threads where we can lean on one another and talk about our struggles and how we keep going on. I've been vaping for about a year and I love it. I can breathe better and having my asthma under control now feels great. Thanks for starting this. I'll represent the younger crowd LOL. I am 21 going on 22 in a few months.
    That is great BHam! We need some younger folks on here too. What type of PV are you using?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Bless your heart! I'm 17 & smoked for almost 50 yrs.; math wiz (class 101). I've been vaping for 10 months & just love it! I also like to keep it as simple as possible even tho I'm amazed at what some people have done w/mods & taking things apart. My new life started when my daughter gifted me w/3 different kits of ecigs. I didn't have a clue as to what they were & I was totally shocked at what she had spent. I insisted she return them & went out a found a cheap Blu just to try it & see what it was all about; not bad but not as good as the RYO which I had been doing for years. Anyways, I started checking into these new contraptions & that was the start. It only took 4 days & all the ashtrays in my house were washed & put away; even tho I found myself putting my new pacifiers into an ashtray I had left out for that purpose. I started w/the 510 like everyone else, cute, looked like a cig, adorable colored lite on the end - not long after I had to move onto the ego 1000 & had stuck w/that (all Joyetech). Sooooo....that's my story...it's all good!

That is a great story moishesmom! I just got a new ego twist 1000 last week and it is working real good. What type of carto or atty are you mainly using with it?
    Welcome to the thread and hope you come back often.
    Ipster and Heavyrocker like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well as much as I would love to participate alot I won't be abel to. I only have 3 mods from Super-T which fulfill my needs completely. As atty I use only Genisis as that fits mt needs perfectly. I am getting the Talos which is based on the Genisis but I have not recieved it yet and it might take some time since it is from Germany. Will report back with that.
    Other then that I am not very knowledgeable with all the other equipment.
    Soooo....... carry on then

Smoke free since Mai 22/2011

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will hangin around cuz I am always looking for new devices and ideas that are about vaping..

vaping has replace a nasty, stinkie habit for me..

Quote Originally Posted by VapRon View Post
    Well as much as I would love to participate alot I won't be abel to. I only have 3 mods from Super-T which fulfill my needs completely. As atty I use only Genisis as that fits mt needs perfectly. I am getting the Talos which is based on the Genisis but I have not recieved it yet and it might take some time since it is from Germany. Will report back with that.
    Other then that I am not very knowledgeable with all the other equipment.
    Soooo....... carry on then
    What type of mods are you using with the genisis? I would like to know a little more about the Genisis being as that is one I've never tried. I've seen pictures and they look pretty cool but that is about all I know about them.
    Ipster and dham424 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wendallb View Post
    I will hangin around cuz I am always looking for new devices and ideas that are about vaping..

vaping has replace a nasty, stinkie habit for me..
    Great Wendal good to see ya. What types of PV's are you using. I believe you use a Go-Go some don't you? The Go-Go has been one of my favorites for almost a year and a half. I hadn't been using them much lately until they came out with the new Ce4 tank at cigeasy and now I'm using them more often. I really like it with the great 1300 Go-go battery.
    my4jewels likes this.

Blog Entries

61 yr old Smoked 49 of it.

Got my volt on May 7,
    Been going ok. Still not ready to complete let go of my friend tobacco. But every day gets a little closer.

Last few day 2 or 3 tobaccos.

Love the Volt and getting more used to the 555 juice.
    Like a little VG in my juice as it produces more e-smoke and smooths the TH for me.

I can say of the times I have tried to stop smokeing tobacco this is the first time I know it will work.
    Im just letting my body make the changes on its own as It is starting to like the Vaping more than the Tobacco

Tx thanks for starting this up. I may be new but I have learned a lot and want to help anyone who is willing to accept it.
    Elbert aka Pinkie