Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Stop vaping because of throat/lung issues?

Default Stop vaping because of throat/lung issues?

Has anyone ever heard of someone having to quit vaping because of throat/lung issues. I have been vaping for 2 weeks and I am going on my second day of a sore throat that just came out of nowhere . Might have to stop vaping because I never had this problem with analogs

Are you drinking enough water? How many mg of nic is in your juice? What pg/vg ratio are you using?

24 to sometimes 11 mg it depends on time of day mornings are 24. Yes trying to drink lots of water and 60/40 vg/pg ratio strawberry

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not a new vaper at this point. But I had a sore throat a couple weeks back, and I should know better by now, but one of my first reactions was to try and blame it on something about vaping.

Within three days that sore throat turned into a sore throat - and congestion and swollen neck glands and coughing and a runny nose and blocked ears and body aches and a mild fever and sinus congestion. I caught a cold. It had nothing to do with vaping.

Oh please let this be a cold.... Never thought I would say that. I smoked analogs for 15 years and now finally stopped for 2 weeks . Finding vaping was the best thing that could have happened to me so I sure hope its just a random thing and it's just a cold that goes away after a few days

After your reply, I would tend to agree that it's likely a coincidence.

Super Member ECF Veteran ninjuh's Avatar

I had the same experience recently. Its hard not to think vaping is causing the sore throat but sore throats DO happen. Vaping 'shouldn't' cause a sore throat, but I doubt it helps once you do have one. Take lots of dough drops & gargle hot salt water.

~Vaping is a lifestyle~

pan
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have had a minor sore throat for 2 days. It went away a few hours after I realized that the throat issues started shortly after I cleaned my atty's....and worse with the one I dry burned. I may not mean anything..but I then dry burned all of them again, cleaned them after the dry burn with vinegar and rinsed...a lot..vinegar smells..lol. now I have been keeping the well saturated and the sore throat is gone..I dont think I had them wicking as easily as they had been. I seem to be sensitive to anything left behind..any ash created?..or any scorching of the wick.They were NOT hitting with a burnt flavor..just enough to irritate..the wicks were darkening at the tips. I gave up on all of the models that had the wire wrapped directly around the wick..although most people seem to have great luck with them. maybe after 2 weeks..the atty itself is irritating your throat...I only say this, because it happened to me.

Wow, I think that might have been it . I went and picked up a fresh atty and the harsh hit disappeared . If this works and the throat pain goes away I'm gonna be soooooo happy. thanks to everyone who gave Advice, it's hard being a noob and not knowing anything about this vaping thing.
    pan likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pan View Post
    I have had a minor sore throat for 2 days. It went away a few hours after I realized that the throat issues started shortly after I cleaned my atty's....and worse with the one I dry burned. I may not mean anything..but I then dry burned all of them again, cleaned them after the dry burn with vinegar and rinsed...a lot..vinegar smells..lol. now I have been keeping the well saturated and the sore throat is gone..I dont think I had them wicking as easily as they had been. I seem to be sensitive to anything left behind..any ash created?..or any scorching of the wick.They were NOT hitting with a burnt flavor..just enough to irritate..the wicks were darkening at the tips. I gave up on all of the models that had the wire wrapped directly around the wick..although most people seem to have great luck with them. maybe after 2 weeks..the atty itself is irritating your throat...I only say this, because it happened to me.
    OMG! Vinegar is an acid, and it corrodes everything. Although mild, it shouldn´t be used on e-cigs. Get new attys soon!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast