Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: How to clean and maintain the Kanger Pro Tank, and the EVOD BCC

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm looking at the ultrasonics on amazon and I'm a bit overwhelmed lol.. Do they use soap?

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

Super Member Verified Member

Will this help: VaporLadyLounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube
    I just run the tank under the hot water and rinse it out. In the video she uses pipe cleaners, I use a cotton swab.
    Vapoor eyes er likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EricHill78 View Post
    I'm looking at the ultrasonics on amazon and I'm a bit overwhelmed lol.. Do they use soap?
    I'd like to know this also. I'm ready to buy an ultrasonic cleaner. So you use only water, or do you use vodka? Thanks.
    Butters78 likes this.

Ultra Member TheSystemHasFailed's Avatar

I re-wired one of my EVOD's with ribbon kanthal. Hits like a locomotive even more now!
    Make sure to use NR wire for the coil legs if you'd like to re-coil them yourself.

I like doing them myself, as I said...ribbon kanthal is beautiful, full of surface area!

They should make a clearo with ribbon inside...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Litta'sGabby View Post
    Will this help: VaporLadyLounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube
    I just run the tank under the hot water and rinse it out. In the video she uses pipe cleaners, I use a cotton swab.
    I must have gotten the reject cotton swabs last time, because I put one down the tube and didn't even apply pressure; brought out a clean stick and spent 45 minutes picking cotton out with a paper clip! Bought some pipe cleaners today, should draw some attention at cleaning time!
    AngelsBreath and Litta'sGabby like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyboy5691 View Post
    I'd like to know this also. I'm ready to buy an ultrasonic cleaner. So you use only water, or do you use vodka? Thanks.
    On Amazon there are alot of them. 15 dollar models to 500 lol.
    Last edited by Butters78; 05-11-2013 at 01:21 AM.

I learned everything I needed to know in life walking the streets of Compton.

Senior Member Verified Member boshans's Avatar

I just rinse mine in water every night basically, after every tank full of liquid, it is a pain in the ass sometimes...but I do also have like 7 of them(evods) so it doesn't cut into my vaping time really. I just take it apart, unscrew the base+atomizer from the tank section, unscrew the coil from the base, and just rinse it real good under pretty hot water, like real hot...hot enough that you can handle really. Then just let it air dry. Do the same thing with the protank, works the same. Sometimes I take 91% isopropyl rubbing alcohol and let the atomizer part soak in it for like..i dont know an hour, then rinse it quick with water and then let it dry. Also when you are rinsing the atomizer part, I run water through the holes so the water gets inside and rinses the coils and the inside of it, and I take off the little silicon gasket thingy sitting on top of the post and rinse that and then put it back on, but not all the way down, let it sit on the post, and then put it all the way back down before I use it to vape. This all applies to both the evod and protank since they are the same thing basically.

ECF Veteran

Here are a couple of thoughts:

If you use an ultrasonic cleaner for your EVOD and ProTank coil heads, which I do (same applies for T3, MT3, Vivi Nova and similar coil heads), I suggest filling the ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and then dropping the heads in a shot glass of pure grain alcohol (PGA, e.g., Everclear) or high-proof vodka and set the shot glass in the hot water. That way you get the cleaning benefits of hot ultrasonic cleaning in alcohol without wasting a lot of the Everclear/vodka. I usually do three 3-minute cycles—on for three minutes then off and soaking for three minutes; repeat twice more.

When you get your new ProTank or EVOD (or T3, or MT3, etc.) completely disassemble it and put all the pieces except the coil head into your ultrasonic cleaner with hot water and a cap full of dishwashing detergent (I use Dawn; best for removing grease). Again, I do three 3-minute cycles. Then take the pieces out of the ultrasonic cleaner and rinse them very thoroughly under cold water. You will be surprised at the amount of oil, dirt, and metal shavings that come out of one of these units fresh from the factory! Clean the coil head separately; I don't use detergent with the coil head because I think it might stay in the wick and give me a soapy-tasting vape. I don't really know if that is true, but that's my superstition.

After cleaning, I take the ProTank tank section firmly by the drip tip and give it a couple of "thermometer shakes" to wrist-flick the water out. In the T3s and MT3s, and somewhat less so in the ProTank, it's really hard to get a paper towel or a Q-Tip down inside the tank past the center post.
    Butters78 likes this.

ECF Veteran

I wash the body of edov in hot water, no soap. Clean the head with hot water also. Every so often, I will pull the head apart and expose the coils and soak the head in hot hydrogine peroxide. If the coils get super gunked up you can dry burn the coil head. Pull the top off and remove the flavor wicks to expose the coils. Screw it into the base and attach it to the battery, Hit it with power 5-10 seconds at a time untill you get all the coils lighting up. It burns the gunk off. rinse the head in hot water after you are done and reassenbly the head. Replace the head when you feel it's no longer hitting well. I am still using heads that are 6 weeks old. But, I clean them often.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsBreath View Post
    Your atomizer heads are what you soak in hot water or vodka. Let them soak for a while and then lay them on paper towels to dry overnight.

You ROCK! Thank you for your advice.

Like a fool (hey, I've always been on to learn the hard way).....I loaded up my pro tank with a juice I haven't tried yet....Pirate's booty from HHV. It tasted pretty unique and awesome....for THREE vapes. After that I realized what was unique about it.....is that its a fine, crafty mixture of ALCOHOL and PERFUME. This of course after steeping for a week (that's 2/3 juices from HHV that are disgusting, 1/3 that could be an every day vape. Thats for another thread sometime though)

Anyway, I found a way to get the liquid back into the bottle with carefully using a funnel. I did that, and realized right away I had to wash my pro tank out....ALREADY. DUH, I should have thought about this, but again, i learn everything the hard way.

Well, I wasn't sure if I was even supposed to get the atomizer head wet.......I thought maybe it would short or something? I'm new to all this, and I know the atomizer is the part that vapes, soo....

I'm very grateful for your post Thanks for helping me out. I will go soak the atomizer head. The rest is already on a towel drying.
    AngelsBreath and daleron like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast