Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: 18650 Face off - Sony1600mah 30 Amp Battery VS Panasonic 2250 CGR18650CH

Raspberry Clouds Forever ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by soba1 View Post
    Question, would you reccomend this Sony 30 amp batt for a itaste svd. Or these batts best suited for a mechanical?
    Because I am seeing Sony 18650 2200 mah
    Thanks
    Nah, stick with the higher mah rating.
    Ryedan likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Agree with Jimi, the 30 amp sony's are a bit overkill for the svd and its only a 1600mah batt. There's also a sony 18650 rated at 2150mah @ 10amp's but haven't heard anyone using it. Jimi, at what voltage do you charge your sony's? curious, I charge them once the voltage goes down to 3.8v I do find that it doesn't last that long probably because I'm vaping on it like crazy lol
    Kemosabe likes this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thraizer View Post
    Agree with Jimi, the 30 amp sony's are a bit overkill for the svd and its only a 1600mah batt. There's also a sony 18650 rated at 2150mah @ 10amp's but haven't heard anyone using it. Jimi, at what voltage do you charge your sony's? curious, I charge them once the voltage goes down to 3.8v I do find that it doesn't last that long probably because I'm vaping on it like crazy lol
    I vape until around the high 7's. Since I've added the silver conductive coating, I'm getting longer battery life from the K100. My Nzonic and Trident atty drains them fast, because the resistance is sooo low.
    Kemosabe likes this.

So I am just now getting into mech and rda with sub ohms. I have some grey pannie cgr cg right now, and am unsure how safe they are with sub ohms. How low can I go with those? Also was looking to get some mnke but saw these sonys at fasttech that do 30 amps, are these just as safe as mnkes? I can get 2 of them vs 1 mnke. Thanks in advance.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nsanejain View Post
    So I am just now getting into mech and rda with sub ohms. I have some grey pannie cgr cg right now, and am unsure how safe they are with sub ohms. How low can I go with those? Also was looking to get some mnke but saw these sonys at fasttech that do 30 amps, are these just as safe as mnkes? I can get 2 of them vs 1 mnke. Thanks in advance.
    So far the 30 amp batts are working good. I made a quad coil yesterday and it held up good. The heat from the atty warmed the battery pretty good, but that was to be expected with that insane setup. I went back to duals after a few hits of hot vapor. Next time I'll use less wraps
    zhentipede likes this.

I take that as a yes, lol. So as far as my pannies I have now, do I just figure up how many amps my set up will use, and as long as thats under ten amps, and I do short bursts I should be being pretty safe? I mean I know there are no absolutes, but the last thing I need for myself or the community is to be unsafe. I mean trust me I would tell no one lol! But just trying to see where I should keep it til I get these in. I won't want to go too low anyway, maybe. .5 at the absolute lowest with aiming for about.8ohms. Thanks and nice vape!

Supporting Member

.5 is still in the safe zone 8.4 amps at the peak of the battery.

Cool thanks I didn't even have to figure it out! lol well gotta go finish dinner so I can watch Mod Envy I am due to win a dang vapor wrap or something dangit! Winner winner chicken dinner c'mon! Lol thanks for all your help. Happy saturday day night vaping!
    Jimi D. likes this.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nsanejain View Post
    Cool thanks I didn't even have to figure it out! lol well gotta go finish dinner so I can watch Mod Envy I am due to win a dang vapor wrap or something dangit! Winner winner chicken dinner c'mon! Lol thanks for all your help. Happy saturday day night vaping!
    Good luck and you too

Full Member Verified Member CrazyIvan's Avatar

So how are these better over the pannys exactly? I use 0.6 ohm coils so according to my calculations, I "only" use 20-25 watts and a little over 6 amps. The main issue for me is that the low ohm coils drain the batteries too fast, even the panny 18650s at 2200mAh. So buying a higher amp battery with lower mAh doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps I'm not fully understanding the benefit, in which case feel free to educate me.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast