Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Like Tree194Likes

Thread: My husband still doesnt beleive I have quit smoking

PV Master Verified Member

Hells yeah...Blame Oprah....LOL I am so glad to have found this supportive group
    bluecat likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by KjAthena View Post
    r...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...
    I got to admit first grill out this spring I couldn't find a dang nabbit lighter to light the grill. I couldn't believe I smoked for 30 years and had lighters always on top of the fridge. (I always grill once in the snow - it isn't always great but I love grilling in the snow) My wife said you threw them all away in January. grrrrrrr.
    CommaHolly likes this.

If the kiss test fails, tell him to go lick an ashtray.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

He thinks I will start smoking again, because every other time I tried to quit I failed. He does not smoke and never has, he used to complain about the second hand smoke regularly...my house is not full of smoke anymore, yes there are a few that visit and still smoke but it used to be a constant smoke cloud in here. I do not stink, my breathe doesnt stink, my teeth are getting much whiter...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...I am a bit disappointed that he does not see that I have stopped smoking....I dont plan on stopping vapeing...I may get down to 0 nic but I like the flavors, and I like the action...BUT I will never go back to smoking
    Just pat him on his head and tell him not to worry his little head about it. Then go on with your lives.

You also might mention that, if his negative attitude hasn't already driven you back to smoking, nothing will.

Sorry, feeling a little sarcastic today. Gotta go to work now.

Seriously, DancingHeretik, I like that answer.
    DancingHeretik and bluecat like this.
    How can you possibly respect a person who can only think of one way to spell a word? - Andrew Jackson (paraphrased)

I have been almost 8 weeks off the smokes (saturday will be the exact date). As we only have one bank account and one paypal account I have to ask him for the card to make any purchases. Even with a bit of gear purchases 3 kanger batterys 1 is a twist 3 evod tanks 3 protanks( a Legacy that never arrived and charges are being reversed) and my juice purchases trying to find juices I like my purchases are still over $100 less than smokes would have costed me over the same time period.

Now I must admit that he has seen me attempt to quit many times and I even had a exspensive failure with a white cloud cig-a-like a couple years ago. What suggestions would you have for me to convince him this has worked...I have never made it more than a week before. I would think that almost 2 months would be proof enough.
    Good for you..seriously. And don't be ashamed to spend what you can up front even it is more than what cigarettes cost for the same period of time.
    I hate when people try and compare down to the last nickel and dime when making this switch.

What some people aren't calculating are future healthcare and medical bills related to slow analog sickness and death.
    ItTechy and DancingHeretik like this.

Ultra Member

Woo-hooo! Congratulations on quitting! Who needs a husband when you got us? Ah, right, he has control of the credit card. Next time he gives it to you copy the number, expiration date and three digit code. I'm wondering though if he isn't just acting out his personal fears that you might go back to cigarettes. My husband is supportive but my family acts, politely, like I've switched to puffing illegal stuff. I've explained it, told them my doctor approves and now it is simply up to them to come to terms with it. At least they have my best interest at heart and don't nag. Keep up the great work and I'm sure he will come around eventually.

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

He thinks I will start smoking again, because every other time I tried to quit I failed. He does not smoke and never has, he used to complain about the second hand smoke regularly...my house is not full of smoke anymore, yes there are a few that visit and still smoke but it used to be a constant smoke cloud in here. I do not stink, my breathe doesnt stink, my teeth are getting much whiter...he even had a fit when I could not find a lighter for him to light the grill with (that was a first)...I am a bit disappointed that he does not see that I have stopped smoking....I dont plan on stopping vapeing...I may get down to 0 nic but I like the flavors, and I like the action...BUT I will never go back to smoking
    I do know where you are coming from. I failed at quitting everytime too You just keep doing what you're doing and he WILL notice eventually. Maybe once a month let him know how much you've saved to date That will be sure to get his attention Enjoy the spreadsheeet!
    Stephuhnator likes this.
    Smoke Free Since October 5, 2012 ~Lion Tamer~
    Join CASAA and be a part of standing up for your right to vape.

PV Master Verified Member

Thank you so much for the spreadsheet...I will put it to good use
    Robino1 and Stephuhnator like this.

I've tried educating my husband but when I'm vaping he's always questioning me on the health aspect, is it going to hurt the birds in the house blah blah blah......this is for me. I am achieving a great accomplishment for me! Keep doing what you're doing and congratulations!

Funny, he never ever griped about my smoking and he's a non smoker! I can't stand the smell anymore.....thank you God!
    Iffy, bluecat and Robino1 like this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast