Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Panic and Fear, Don't Worry, Keep Calm and Vape On

Laser Gunslinger ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think you might have missed my point. I'm well aware of how to DIY... I just suck at it. Unless my favorite vendors' revealed their recipes and gave an exact list of ingredients, ratios, the names of the manufacturers of said ingredients, as well as a "Step 1, do this. Step 2, do this," etc., I'll NEVER be able to recreate the juices I've come to love so much.

And yes, to anyone suggesting it, I have multiple tools, apps, and calculators for DIYing ejuice. Every time I've tried, they sucked.
    Katdarling, patkin and Arnie H like this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Member of the CFFC Cholos. Carto tanks Forever Forever Carto tanks. Hola vato!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    I think you might have missed my point. I'm well aware of how to DIY... I just suck at it. Unless my favorite vendors' revealed their recipes and gave an exact list of ingredients, ratios, the names of the manufacturers of said ingredients, as well as a "Step 1, do this. Step 2, do this," etc., I'll NEVER be able to recreate the juices I've come to love so much.

And yes, to anyone suggesting it, I have multiple tools, apps, and calculators for DIYing ejuice. Every time I've tried, they sucked.
    I'm right there with you! I tried to make my own berries and cream... It tasted like a sour cotton candy. Tried to make a chocolate strawberry flavor and ended up with a sweet tart nutty flavor. I'm also a horrible cook as the family begs me to not make breakfast... I'll leave the juice making to the professionals.
    Rocketpunk, Arnie H and Anjaffm like this.
    Current Vape: Valkyrie, Sony US18650VTC5, Hand-made wide bore drip tip (www.facebook.com/nebulousformations), Aces Vapor "Maverick" Vanilla Custard 3mg (www.acesvapor.com)

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

Remember they raise gas prices the afternoon of 911 some people just have no shame!
    Arnie H and GypsySyx like this.
    Provari, Legacy, Saber Touch,Siam Cobra,Ikarus, Poldiac,Diamante,Joker,69 Mod,Max Woodie, Big Daddy Meter Box,VV Altoids, VVSplash , Wizard, IHybrid,Vapor woods,Bliss,GP Spheroid, Gepettos box mod,EA Mod,ZAP, SS Avenger,Opus,MCM DNA 20,Orion,GGTS,ODY,UFS,Ithaka,Wand,Roller,Steam Machine,Somnium,GUS TS,KAYFUN, NZionic,Gamma, Steamboy, ELA,Semovar,Morph 2, Nemesis VW, CHI_YOU, King, Aero,M16,Aqua

Supporting Member

[QUOTE=Revelene;10916902Tried to make a chocolate strawberry flavor and ended up with a sweet tart nutty flavor. I'm also a horrible cook as the family begs me to not make breakfast... I'll leave the juice making to the professionals.[/QUOTE]

Word. Every time I tried to make a fruit mix it ALWAYS came out tasting like Sweet Tarts or Pixie Stix. While I love Sweet Tarts and Pixie Stix as candy, I do not like them as vape flavors.
    Arnie H likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revelene View Post
    I'm right there with you! I tried to make my own berries and cream... It tasted like a sour cotton candy. Tried to make a chocolate strawberry flavor and ended up with a sweet tart nutty flavor. I'm also a horrible cook as the family begs me to not make breakfast... I'll leave the juice making to the professionals.
    I managed to mess up plain ol' Sweet Tarts with premixed nic juice...lol

Word. Every time I tried to make a fruit mix it ALWAYS came out tasting like Sweet Tarts or Pixie Stix. While I love Sweet Tarts and Pixie Stix as candy, I do not like them as vape flavors.
    I'm TRYING to get those flavors and can't manage it.

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara21 View Post
    Mt. Baker does this already - for many of their juices, you can buy the juice itself or you can buy just the flavoring to add to your own nic base.
    If I'm not mistaken, and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe the majority of their flavors come from Flavor West. I do not like Flavor West's flavorings. But that's just me. That's why I would HAVE to have the recipe and the manufacturer's name of my favorite vendors' ingredients.

EvilZoe, check into Mt. Baker, then. EVERYTHING I've ever gotten from them that was supposed to be a fruit mix ALWAYS tasted like Sweet Tarts or Pixie Stix.
    Arnie H likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Moved On

No, you misunderstand. I mean online vendors could sell the flavorings for their specific juices.

Example, one of my favorite juices ('Red Ape' from DarkestDayVapors) is described as "banana, butterscotch, caramel, and Bavarian cream". I have no idea of the ratios, what specific vendor's flavors he uses, any additional flavors, etc. etc.

I'm not talking about buying 'banana' flavoring and 'caramel' flavoring, etc. etc. and then mixing them together myself following his recipe. I'm saying he could make up batches of 'Red Ape' flavor using his recipe and then sell the finished 'Red Ape' flavor to individuals who mix it with their own nic base.
    justagirl and Arnie H like this.

Supporting Member

I get you.
    Arnie H likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

What we have is a new industry that can be considered 'sinful', 'unregulated', and 'uncontrolled'. If it is 'sinful' then it should be taxed like alcohol, gambling, etc, especially if "I" don't partake in that sin. If it is unregulated but is a consumable then there should be regulations. I am quite sure there are regulations that lolli-pop makers have to comply with. If it is 'uncontrolled' then it should be controlled else there will be chaos and the control freaks will be falling all over themselves to make everything disciplined and 'in line'. Worse case scenario would be all on-line vendors disappear (juice and hardware) and the only 'e-cig' items available would be from the deep pocket corporations. A limited selection from the same places that sell cigarettes now, with everything the same except some difference in flavors to differentiate between the different 'brands'.. Or some real studies can be done, and a compromise/accomedation made between the laws for cigarettes and 'e-cigs'. But then looking at the actions of our current legislative bodies that may not happen..
    Rocketpunk and Arnie H like this.

Henry Louis "H. L." Mencken (September 12, 1880 January 29, 1956)
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.

Supporting Member

One last question that has been floating in my mind: how come all those people making holistic herbal pills can get away with it without FDA approval, and we can't? Ok, Ginko Biloba isn't nicotine, but companies pumping out that holistic nonsense aren't going away. Why not target them?
    Arnie H likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast