Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: How can I get a more powerful feeling vape?

Full Member Verified Member ohmyidontthinkthisworks's Avatar

I will agree with JJ, building is key.. but as said before using the evod head in the protank will tighten the draw. 24mg high vg usually provides quite a bit of throat hit.. I rebuild and I was at 24mg and now I am down to 12mg, Patkin makes great points as well. Also, I have noticed that certain liquids no matter what the ratio is don't provide much th, while other are overwhelming.. that could be due to contents though i noticed cutting with vodka can do the same.
    firephly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    Heck, I just jumped in with both feet when I got here....lol

Don't worry, people will correct you when you're wrong, but if you just roll with it and keep your sense of humor about you, you'll do fine and learn a lot.
    You know how they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? That's where I am with vaping at the moment. I'm the equivalent to the guy who learns how to switch a computer on, decides he's an expert then goes around blowing everyone's computer up lol.
    vjdossey and firephly like this.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scream View Post
    You know how they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing? That's where I am with vaping at the moment. I'm the equivalent to the guy who learns how to switch a computer on, decides he's an expert then goes around blowing everyone's computer up lol.
    I've had more time than most to do constant research. I'm unemployed and a computer addict so I've been absorbing knowledge at an alarming rate for the past 3 weeks...lol

Quote Originally Posted by EvilZoe View Post
    I've had more time than most to do constant research. I'm unemployed and a computer addict so I've been absorbing knowledge at an alarming rate for the past 3 weeks...lol
    3 weeks? Is that how long you've quit the cigs?

I probably shouldn't reply as I am so totally new to vaping (2 days) but I am having the opposite problem to you. The throat hit I'm getting from 24mg is way too much and I smoked over 20 regular cigs a day. I'm using an EVOD if that matters but I think if you draw slow and long (count up to three in your head while you draw) you will have a LOT of vapour in your mouth. Inhale that and you'll get a throat hit that knocks your head off at 24mg and might suffice at 18.

If anyone wants to point out I am talking rubbish, feel free, I usually am.
    your issue is that you not used to vaping. Most new vapors find the vapor too harsh at first, give it a couple weeks to get used to the vapor. How long did it take to get used to cigarette smoke? It will take some time to switch over to vapor. It took me 2 weeks or more to feel ok vaping.
    vjdossey and Fulgurant like this.
    I will NOT be bullied by the antismoking brigade anymore

Ultra Member ECF Veteran degnr8's Avatar

@Firephly, it sounds like you're getting too much air. Try blocking off one of the holes. @Silentscream. 24mg is probably too high I would get some glycerine and dilute your juice down to about 18 and see how that works for ya.
    sbc83, firephly and Baycitypuff like this.
    Vini, Vidi,Vape

Quote Originally Posted by BostonJim View Post
    your issue is that you not used to vaping. Most new vapors find the vapor too harsh at first, give it a couple weeks to get used to the vapor. How long did it take to get used to cigarette smoke? It will take some time to switch over to vapor. It took me 2 weeks or more to feel ok vaping.
    I never thought of it like that. Yep it's all new to me still and trust me I'm not complaining. Day 2 and I haven't thought ONCE of having a real cig so I'll get there in the end. Thanks Jim
    vjdossey and firephly like this.

And I'm bloody good at it Verified Member
    Supporting Member

3 weeks? Is that how long you've quit the cigs?
    No, it's only been 16 days since I had my last one.

Super Member Verified Member Splatnext's Avatar

just a more cig-like experience maybe? hard to describe. Too much of the time I feel like I'm puffing air.
    One of the things I learned on this forum is that vaping is not smoking, you just can't replicate a real cigarette (who would wan't to?)
    I started vaping with a mint flavor I got a stronger taste from it then fruit or vanilla and the like.Now I enjoy the fruit a lot more then the mint.
    firephly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by degnr8 View Post
    @Firephly, it sounds like you're getting too much air. Try blocking off one of the holes. @Silentscream. 24mg is probably too high I would get some glycerine and dilute your juice down to about 18 and see how that works for ya.
    Yep I'm planning to do exactly that but will still keep some of the 24's for when I need a mega nicotine hit - Chelsea losing at home to Arsenal as an e.g., won't make much sense to people in the US lol.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast