Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: OK so this is not normal?

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't try to make a carto last. If it's at all funky or not a good draw, I get rid of it because I love a fresh new carto.

I DIY most of my liquid, most single flavors- peach, pineapple, lemon, etc at about 80pg/20vg. I attributed it to that.
    The high VG tobacco cartos- you can't even draw out of them after a few days.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CommaHolly View Post
    well, I know my daughter and I both change heads or cartos at different times,,,,,,,we use the same brand, but what she feels tastes YUCK is far longer than how I feel it tastes YUCK,,,,,,

maybe it's just another personal preference???? some taste buds are just more "picky" than others??
    Yeah. I'm thinking that since I quit smoking I can REALLY taste things now, and have gotten awfully "picky". My daughter is staying with us for a few months while her husband is in officer school for the Army (it's a strained situation to say the least) and part of her "rent" is to cook the meals. She's my daughter and I love her...I taught her what I could about cooking...but much of the stuff she comes up with is, quite frankly, AWFUL. I notice taste and smells big time (smoke free over 2 years now). Maybe I'm just uber fussy about my juice which I DIY and am very particular about. I know when it's "off" and therefore am sensitive to it. Even an extra drop or two of something off the recipe and I WILL notice it. Strange.

I have been using mostly Boge from Surevapes for the past several months, but am going to try the Smok ones again and see if they do any better. Maybe something to do with the density of the filler or something. I have used Ikenvape cartos and they do work well..but still I only get about 3 days out of one. Not quite good enough in my mind for the higher price.
    patkin likes this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

I also think power settings play a role in this. To low the carto gunks up, to high the carto burns. Since people taste things differently, the power setting that's right for one person is all wrong for another. Thus two people will get different results.

But I still say that the only way I could go through 60ml in three days would be to spill it in my lap.
    Last edited by tj99959; 10-20-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    CommaHolly and fourthrok like this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

ECF Moderator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    I also think power settings play a role in this. To low the carto gunks up, to high the carto burns. Since people taste things differently, the power setting that's right for one person is all wrong for another. Thus two people will get different results.
    I also think if your vaping 8-12 mg of liquid through a carto a day, those coils are going to get hot and burn the filler or the heat will gunk up the coils.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

You may have a point there tj99959. I use 2ohm cartos in my mechanicals and my eGo type PVs (yes, I'm "rediscovering" the joys of the simple eGo). The volts for the mechs vary of course from 4.1 on down as as the battery depletes. For the eGo style or regulated PVs it runs around 3.3 under load. I have some VV/VW PVs and use 3ohm for them...setting the voltage at around 3.7 to rarely more than 4 volts.

I like a cool vape!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I go through 3-5mil per day. I use a 2.0ohm boge in a tank filled with 70pg/30vg HHV Huntsman almost exclusively. It sits atop a sigelei V3 or a Kick 2 set at 12.5-13 watts. Some cartos last 3 days some last 15. Longevity is one of the most inconsistent aspects of cartos. I find this to be true will all brands of cartos I've tried.
    Last edited by Thepinfamily; 10-20-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Oh, you've got the Magical Everlasting Carto.
    CommaHolly and QTPie like this.
    Current Setup: Nemesis, Igo-W, Sony US18650VTC4

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revelene View Post
    Oh, you've got the Magical Everlasting Carto.
    Yes I believe it's Wonka brand LOL
    CommaHolly likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

With some juices they do last forever. I get about a week or two now with a pretty flavorful juice. With others ive gotten a month or more.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234