Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: SVD or Vamo

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

SVD.. The only thing I use my Vamo for these days is to check resistance on my builds.. SVD is a tank..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Rocketpunk likes this.

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Can the SVD be used as an ohms checker for rebuilding coils?

Edit - sorry, didn't see Nev's post. I guess not!
    Last edited by bhswmc01; 10-22-2013 at 01:07 AM.
    Becky

Off the stinkies since July 6th, 2013!

4. Advertisement
    Laser Gunslinger ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Kinda, yeah, but if you're rebuilding you shouldn't skimp on a good multimeter. That's kind of a necessity.
    buzzzlove, sgenn99 and tnt56 like this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Svd for sure. They both do the same things, but the Svd is much more durable. If those are your two choices, the Svd is far superior.
    Rocketpunk and Nev NYC like this.

Quote Originally Posted by makkesk8 View Post
    I would say Vamo, not v2 though. If u pick the vamo try getting a v3 or a v5 (both available on fasttech)
    My local Vape shop has both the SVD and Vamo V3 in stock. But, if this is simply a lateral movement from my current MVP, then what should I be looking at, Tesla or innokin 134?

Full Member ECF Veteran mannbrad's Avatar

Damnit........was just getting ready to get the v5 vamo....which is the latest version of the innokin
    smoke free since January 2, 2012

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

SVD has same ohm-reading capability.
    If you're rebuilding though, now for $10, you can get this!!!

Here's my take - I have an SVD and a VAMO V2.
    I like them both!

VAMO: seems to fire "hotter" as in maybe 1/2 volt higher than it's set. No big deal for me
    VAMO: 510 threads SUCK. Things go on a little crooked, and you have to give it a tiny jiggle and turn another 20 degrees, hoping to not do damage, just to get it straight and snug.
    VAMO: I won't use a ProTank on it - it hovers a little above the collar, and therefore is hanging by the 510 threads (see point above)...

SVD: Cuts the air off on a T3. I think the 510 threads are perhaps longer?
    SVD: Holds 18650, 18500, 18490, 18350 - telescopic so no tubeswapping. Since I got this one first, I don't even HAVE any 18350's.

The way it works out, I like and use both. I just use my T3's on the VAMO, and my ProTanks on the SVD.
    MiniProTanks, and EVODs are fine on both.

Laser Gunslinger ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You're actually losing functions by choosing the 134. The Tesla is, IMO, ugly as sin and, just like Busardo mentions in his review, the screen is placed in the most stupid area possible. Every time you move your thumb to tap a button, it covers the screen.

Honestly, the SVD, in my opinion, is the next step. The Vamo, Tesla, and ZMax are so... yesterday.
    Last edited by Rocketpunk; 10-22-2013 at 01:18 AM.
    Asbestos4004 likes this.
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well, the 134 is just Vw, and aside from its bulk, it doesn't do anything special. It is limited in terms of power, but it is impressive. If that's all you want, and you like the style, go for it. Personally, I think it's just cool packaging. The Tesla is at least multifunctional. Are you just looking for a cool looking tube mod, or are you looking for function as well?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

Quote Originally Posted by Mats View Post
    What would you suggest as am upgrade to what I currently own then?
    If you want an up grade a Man Cave Mod or a Shan B DNA 20 for about 160 dollars next up is a Semovar 215$ or a Provari for 159$ Those are the more obtainable better preforming mods. They arent cheap but I can honestly say Vape a MPV and SVD or Vamo then Vape one of the above and you can tell a difference. Pluse you dont have connection problems or all of the other things associated with the cheaper mods.

Therese not much difference performance wise for 100 dollars and under they all vape about the same Zmaxes can be thrown in to the mix with SVD, Vamo

This is just my opinion biased on my experiences. Another option would be a Mechanical with a Kick RTD is having a 15% off sale then you can have two in one VW or unregulated.
    Asbestos4004 likes this.
    Provari, Legacy, Saber Touch,Siam Cobra,Ikarus, Poldiac,Diamante,Joker,69 Mod,Max Woodie, Big Daddy Meter Box,VV Altoids, VVSplash , Wizard, IHybrid,Vapor woods,Bliss,GP Spheroid, Gepettos box mod,EA Mod,ZAP, SS Avenger,Opus,MCM DNA 20,Orion,GGTS,ODY,UFS,Ithaka,Wand,Roller,Steam Machine,Somnium,GUS TS,KAYFUN, NZionic,Gamma, Steamboy, ELA,Semovar,Morph 2, Nemesis VW, CHI_YOU, King, Aero,M16,Aqua

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast