Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: how many of you simply pour in juice to refill rather than cleaning the tank each time?

After every tank I clean mine.

DreaD HeaD ProVarinati Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I don't see the need to clean but when I'm feeling extra adventurous I take out the old cotton and stick in a new one.
    Patting myself on the back here ...........my builds are so good that a flavor change isn't worth breaking everything down.

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danpals2012 View Post
    I simply put in new juice and mix it with whatever juice I have remaining when refilling the vivi nova. Sometimes the remaining juice is darker than fresh juice but I mix them anyway since it's so much easier. I only clean my clearo every four or five tanks. I cannot stand cleaning every tank.

Or are you supposed to waste the remaining juice and always start with a fresh new tankful?
    I do not mix different types of juices unless it is intentional. But I will continue to refill the same tank with the same juice for up to a week before cleaning. There is always a bit of loss (e-liquid) when cleaning out a tank, so I feel like cleaning it every day wastes some e-liquid and isn't really necessary. I do clean the tip with a cotton swab once a day. However I won't mix different brands of liquid in the same tank unless I am doing it intentionally because I like the combination.

I can be pretty obsessive about things. When I focus on something, I do it obsessively. My goal is to NOT let this become a "hobby". IE: Spend all my time on e-cigarettes, accessories, etc. So I try to limit the time I spend on matters of practicality. IE: It's cheaper to rebuild my heads, so I do that. In fact I just rebuilt my first two heads and am waiting to try them out before I do the other three that need to be done.

Now forum participation is another matter. heh. I spend a lot of time on forums and always have. You can learn alot from other people's mistakes and successes that way. And it's always nice to chat with people who have similar interests.

It is tempting to build my own tank though. I don't believe any of the tanks on the market are perfected yet. I'd like a longer EVOD type tankl that uses EVOD heads but uses ARO materials and holds about 2.5ml like the Aro, but NOT the Aro because of the special heads it requires (which I've noticed can be a bit difficult to find). I'd also like to see some variety with wicking materials for these heads being sold too. It'd be nice to order heads and have a choice between cotton, hemp, silica, etc. The business still seems to be in its infancy and some options are still limited and as a former business owner I see a lot of opportunity for people here in the U.S. willing to make the investment. I'd also like that tank to either be top-fill or a bottom fill that will NOT leak when filling from the drip-tip. Which would be easy enough to do I believe.

I very briefly looked at a pro-vari and my immediate thought was that it looked like a dildo and is too thick in diameter. While the EVOD battery and tank may be just a tad too thin, they are easy to carry throughout the day...
    Last edited by Criticalmass; 10-24-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    e-pipeman, Fullknight and Anjaffm like this.

I don't clean my milk glass just to refill it, and I do the same with my vaping.
    Stosh, CommaHolly and Anjaffm like this.

Dragon Lady Supporting Member Anjaffm's Avatar

I do not mix different types of juices unless it is intentional. But I will continue to refill the same tank with the same juice for up to a week before cleaning. There is always a bit of loss (e-liquid) when cleaning out a tank, so I feel like cleaning it every day wastes some e-liquid and isn't really necessary.
    Same here
    European Vapers: We need you! Please sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - for all of us!

I run about 10 ml of juice through each head. Using bottom coils juice gets burned as the tank goes down. When it empties I drain the burnt juice, put it upside down on a napkin to drain and then refill. Some juices get really burnt and you can see the residue on the napkin. Once 10 ml go, I wash the head and the full tank before a new flavor. That makes my heads last 4 months or more.
    "Vape 'em if you've got 'em"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345